• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Salutations!

Years
Hey, I'm new here. So, this is my introduction thread.

I used to play pokemon red and blue as a kid, then stopped because they expanded the pokedex, which was way too much to deal with as a kid, I felt like they had invalidated my accomplishments and wasn't willing to keep collecting them indefinitely. I realized when I got older that it was ok for me to define the ways in which I would enjoy a game, and I could set my own goals, filling out the pokedex completely didn't have to be it. So, I'm playing white now as an adult, and really enjoying it. It's actually the meta of it all, the strategy and team building aspects I'm really enjoying, as I optimize it I continually find ways to improve.

The best part of pokemon though is the trading, the discussion with other trainers and the improvement you can take from others, imho, so I'm here. I'll try not to be a nuisance posting in the wrong place all the time, and I apologize for any errors I may make as I learn my way around here.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope I'll be seeing you around! Figuratively speaking, of course.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hello and welcome again Sir Mister, have you seen my response to you in the Trade Corner DCC? If not, head on over :3 I know how you feel, when I played Pokemon Crystal as a child, I felt overwhelmed by the need to collect all 251 Pokemon. I didn't have the time and didn't even have enough friends to trade with so I gave up on that and just played the game. However unlike you, as I got older, I found more people to trade with (namely people online) and eventually completed my National Pokedex. I actually dislike battling, since I am completely horrible at battling, building teams, and figuring strategies haha. And don't worry about errors and what not The most you'll get for small things is a light tap on your wrist. Besides, everyone's got to start somewhere right? Just make sure you read the rules everywhere you go to help prevent problems from happening accidentally.

I hope to see you around too, though I most likely will since I hide in Trade Corner most of the time haha. Feel free to post in the appropriate board/thread or ask a staff member if you have any questions or need help. Welcome again and I hope you enjoy yourself here at PokeCommunity.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It seems that pokemon definitely taught you something: never be afraid to make goals. For me, after generation 3, I stayed away from the games because I was lazy in "collecting them all" but I realize it's actually an accomplishment. An excellent one, I must say!

Anyways, welcome aboard! The PokeCommunity is glad to have you here. Since you're playing white right now, how about visiting the 5th generation section where you can talk about anything of B/W as well as B/W2! We have loads of topics there. And right below that section is the Trade Corner, which is a great place to help you with your pokedexes.

Anyways, great to meet you! Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you need help, and see you around! :)

Back