Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
25,490 posts
9.6 Years
My company (a hotel) is a good example of PBXs in use. Well both that and SIPs actually, but the main way to show them in use is that we have a bunch of phones each accessible over our Internet network, yet still also reachable from outside networks, being very personalised for the needs of the user of said phone network. Main an example of PBXs there but still something I'd very much like to set up amongst my roommates should they have need and/or use for a fixed telephone system which is unlikely. More it's something I'd love to try out but it's just not really feasible which is a shame.
That sounds really awesome and let me know if you ever do set something up like this :)

I've been wanting to get a Raspberry Pi for my FreePBX/Asterisk setup for some time now, that way it's at least not running off a VM on my desktop and running on a physical device instead. And since my last post, I've figured out how to configure it to receive incoming calls from an Obihai device, but have yet to get outgoing calls working.

Circuit

Wiring your Circuits

Age 23
Male
Berlin
Seen July 28th, 2019
Posted July 17th, 2019
4,814 posts
11.6 Years
That sounds really awesome and let me know if you ever do set something up like this :)

I've been wanting to get a Raspberry Pi for my FreePBX/Asterisk setup for some time now, that way it's at least not running off a VM on my desktop and running on a physical device instead. And since my last post, I've figured out how to configure it to receive incoming calls from an Obihai device, but have yet to get outgoing calls working.
I definitely want to try it out, it's something that has been bugging me since I started living with roommates. But landline phones here for home-use are kinda costly, which is a shame.

I'd love to get one of those, or an Arduino, but more so to program various things around my room, like lighting for example. In my own place I have a lot more plans such as automated processes at home to do with ventilation, cleaning etc, but that's a way off I think. Definitely something I've got planned though. Also building my own emulator would be nice. My dad has already built one, along with an amplifier too.

TY

Age 23
Male
Netherlandia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
2,651 posts
227 Days
for some reason I think my Task Manager is broken. Yesterday I experienced a random crash and after some testing it would seem when I try to launch a game both my CPU and GPU rise up to 100%

now I have not been able to replicate the crash itself, but I find it odd that these two rise with even a low demanding game aswell as a very demanding one
best of all, performance isn't even affected at all and after 4 hours of testing I still have not crashed.
Also I find it very odd that when I look at the settings its supposed to use up 1/8th of the GPU, instead of it all.

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
25,490 posts
9.6 Years
for some reason I think my Task Manager is broken. Yesterday I experienced a random crash and after some testing it would seem when I try to launch a game both my CPU and GPU rise up to 100%

now I have not been able to replicate the crash itself, but I find it odd that these two rise with even a low demanding game aswell as a very demanding one
best of all, performance isn't even affected at all and after 4 hours of testing I still have not crashed.
Also I find it very odd that when I look at the settings its supposed to use up 1/8th of the GPU, instead of it all.
Is this happening on all of your games or just one in particular? You might be experiencing a severe memory leak.

TY

Age 23
Male
Netherlandia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
2,651 posts
227 Days
Is this happening on all of your games or just one in particular? You might be experiencing a severe memory leak.
It's happening on multiple ones, but not every game has the same issue. For instance OpenTTD doesn't give the issues I described, but when I launch StarCraft: Brood War or Rainbow Six Siege (especially the latter is making it go bonkers to 100%) the whole CPU & GPU usage skyrockets on Task Manager

and strangely enough it doesn't impact anything and everything handles fine... that or it has been doing this for ages and I could get better performance oof

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
25,490 posts
9.6 Years
It's happening on multiple ones, but not every game has the same issue. For instance OpenTTD doesn't give the issues I described, but when I launch StarCraft: Brood War or Rainbow Six Siege (especially the latter is making it go bonkers to 100%) the whole CPU & GPU usage skyrockets on Task Manager

and strangely enough it doesn't impact anything and everything handles fine... that or it has been doing this for ages and I could get better performance oof
In this instance, I would uninstall games you know for sure have the issue, making sure that all data is removed, then reinstall. If the problem does not go away, then run an elevated command prompt (Windows key + R), type cmd, then press Enter while holding down Control and Shift at the same time. From there, type sfc /scannow and that checks to see if any bits of your Windows install have become corrupt.

TY

Age 23
Male
Netherlandia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
2,651 posts
227 Days
Currently running a memory scan, will try that once it's done

Glad I got pretty darn great dl speeds otherwise it would be a pain to redownload up to 200GB of stuff lol

EDIT: was indeed some corrupted files, got them fixed
Advertiser Content