• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
Is there a possibility that the z crystals will repeat that is ash getting fire z crystal? If it is not like that then probability of Litten's evolution is low. Then Litten will only evolve if Ash is hlgoing to get Incinium Z Crystal.

mystreon

The Forgotten eeveelution.
Years
Rowlet is definitely comic relief, its always sleeping in ash's backpack being all cute n' stuff tho granted honestly it could still fit for the most part in ashs back pack and owls are light in general as a dartrix so i could see it evolving once into comic relief moody shy sleepy teen owl and littens whole get stronger for the memory of is adoptive father sorta means it should atleast evolve once

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Rowlet is definitely comic relief, its always sleeping in ash's backpack being all cute n' stuff tho granted honestly it could still fit for the most part in ashs back pack and owls are light in general as a dartrix so i could see it evolving once into comic relief moody shy sleepy teen owl and littens whole get stronger for the memory of is adoptive father sorta means it should atleast evolve once

Evolving doesn't necessarily equate to strength(or what I'm trying to say is that you can become really strong without evolving). Ash's Bulbasaur or Snivy are pretty powerful Grass types despite being in their base form. The reason I bring this up is due to the often ignored Delia factor when it comes to Litten. Delia took a liking to all of Ash's Pokemon in Episode 24 but none more so than Ash's Litten. The way it acted around her and the fact she carried it around in her arms suggest that it may not evolve(She carried it around again in Episode 42).

Also I have a theory that a Pokemon in Sun and Moon will only evolve after they witness or see it's evolved form in the flesh. Rockruff saw both midday and midnight forms and wanted to grow stronger so that it could evolve(from which it evolved into that special form for marketing purposes). Lana's Popplio saw its evolved form and like with past companions before her, Popplio will likely represent the growth she has as a Trainer(meaning I fully expect Popplio to evolve at some point and probably when Ia and Koana return to the show as recurring characters). Pikachu won't evolve because it doesn't want to so that leaves Rowlett and Litten. We've yet to see either of its evolved forms so until we do, they're unlikely to evolve(Rowlett for comedy reasons, Litten because of Delia's affection for it). We never saw Bounsweet's evolved form so Mallow doesn't quite fit the mold but her Pokemon still represents her growth as a Trainer/character(even if I feel they've kind of shafted her in lieu of Lana and to a lesser degree Lillie).

I know my theory is a bit of a stretch, particularly because the writers can do w/e they want but the whole Delia factor is something I've been championing for awhile now.

Years
Evolving doesn't necessarily equate to strength(or what I'm trying to say is that you can become really strong without evolving). Ash's Bulbasaur or Snivy are pretty powerful Grass types despite being in their base form. The reason I bring this up is due to the often ignored Delia factor when it comes to Litten. Delia took a liking to all of Ash's Pokemon in Episode 24 but none more so than Ash's Litten. The way it acted around her and the fact she carried it around in her arms suggest that it may not evolve(She carried it around again in Episode 42).

Also I have a theory that a Pokemon in Sun and Moon will only evolve after they witness or see it's evolved form in the flesh. Rockruff saw both midday and midnight forms and wanted to grow stronger so that it could evolve(from which it evolved into that special form for marketing purposes). Lana's Popplio saw its evolved form and like with past companions before her, Popplio will likely represent the growth she has as a Trainer(meaning I fully expect Popplio to evolve at some point and probably when Ia and Koana return to the show as recurring characters). Pikachu won't evolve because it doesn't want to so that leaves Rowlett and Litten. We've yet to see either of its evolved forms so until we do, they're unlikely to evolve(Rowlett for comedy reasons, Litten because of Delia's affection for it). We never saw Bounsweet's evolved form so Mallow doesn't quite fit the mold but her Pokemon still represents her growth as a Trainer/character(even if I feel they've kind of shafted her in lieu of Lana and to a lesser degree Lillie).

I know my theory is a bit of a stretch, particularly because the writers can do w/e they want but the whole Delia factor is something I've been championing for awhile now.
If the writers don't want to give firium z crystal to Ash ten they could make Litten stay with Delia itself but I hope thats not the case cause Incineroar will be important for Ash

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Compared to Rowlet Poplio isn't a comic relief. Plus Togedemaru and Turtonator cannot evolve and Lillie and Mallow are not as good trainers as Lana ( uptil now ) , so Poplio has high possibility of evolving.

I disagree. Popplio looks like a comic relief and i think it is one. No way Rowlet is a comic relief.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
People need to remember that Incineroar and all those pokemon have unique Z Crystals. Just because he doesn't get a Firium doesn't mean he won't get an Incinirium.

Years
So because of Rowlet being comedy relief and Delia taking a liking to Ash's Litten, it would be a first if all of the starters Ash caught for a region never evolved. Also, as Code pointed out there seems to be a theme of one of the main cast's Pokemon evolving being hinted at after encountering their evolutions, as seen with Rockruff interacting with both a Midday and Midnight Lycanroc, and hence it evolved into Dusk Lycanroc which is a hybrid of the two.

Popplio interacted with a Brionne in a recent episode, and considering Lana's new Z-Move goal it wouldn't be a surprise if Popplio did evolve in the future. Maybe Rowlet and/or Litten may have a hinted evolution if they encounter a Dartrix or Torracat.

Years
People need to remember that Incineroar and all those pokemon have unique Z Crystals. Just because he doesn't get a Firium doesn't mean he won't get an Incinirium.

I have already mentioned that due to Incinium Z chances of Litten's evolution are high but Ash not getting Firium Z and considering Delia factor (as stated by code) brings down the probability of it's evolution.
If it evolves it should evolve quickly to Incineroar because u can't keep a strong pokemon like it without it's own unique Z move.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
I'm not even for sure if Rowlet will evolve, because it's evolutions don't seem to popular, and i do think Litten will evolve once into Torracat and i think that will be it.. But Ash needs to capture two more Pokemon because as of right now his team is incomplete.

Last edited:
Years
I'm not even for sure if Rowlet will evolve, because it's evolutions don't seem to popular, and i do think Litten will evolve once into Torracat and i think that will be it.. But Ash needs to capture two more Pokemon because as of right now his team is incomplete.

As far as I know, Decidueye is the most liked of the final stages by the fans, so that will definitely be a factor to consider.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
Years
Right now the chances for Rowlet evolving is really slim, unless they make an episode dedicated to Rowlet itself, changing it's "attitude"? Rowlet's line personality are actually very different, especially between Dartrix and Decidueye.

And the problem of comic relief... Why don't they just shaft it to Sophocles' Togedemaru, and let Rowlet and Popplio both can have the chance to evolve. I mean, it's not like they can save Sophocles' annoyance from the anime anymore.

Litten showed some promise to be capable of evolving, but honestly, Litten looks way more comfortable with Delia rather than Ash lol, I would be perfectly fine if it wants to stay with Delia and Ash went back to Alola without Litten, but that will means no Torracat / Incineroar for Ash.

It's not necessary for Ash to have a full team since there's no League here, and even if Kukui somehow pull it successfully, Ash didn't went through the water trial. Still, I can see him having either Crabrawler, Passimian or Jangmo-o, let's not care about the Fightium Z that he supposed to received from Hala for now...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
As far as I know, Decidueye is the most liked of the final stages by the fans, so that will definitely be a factor to consider.

You're right. Rowlet evolving seems up in the air as of right now, i can see LItten evolving only into Torracat once and staying that way. Ash may not even have an complete team this time around, i can see him having Crabrawler on his Alola team and that might be about it.

Years
Even if there isn't any League in Alola they might bring in one or
I think Gladion will be first champion of Alola after defeating the elite 4 or Professor Kukui and then there will be battle between Ash and Gladion for the title of champion.
So Ash will definitely have a full team and may be 7+ Pokemons form which he can release someone or send for training.

Ash can get any two form Crabrawler, Passimian and Jangmo-o. If he gets Passimian he will give it for training. He could also get an Alolan varient of gen 1 pokemon so the choice could be Sandshrew.

Guys do you think team rocket will ever use the darkium z crystal??

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think Gladion will be first champion of Alola after defeating the elite 4 or Professor Kukui and then there will be battle between Ash and Gladion for the title of champion.
So Ash will definitely have a full team and may be 7+ Pokemons form which he can release someone or send for training.

Ash can get any two form Crabrawler, Passimian and Jangmo-o. If he gets Passimian he will give it for training. He could also get an Alolan varient of gen 1 pokemon so the choice could be Sandshrew.

Guys do you think team rocket will ever use the darkium z crystal??

Eventually yeah. I don't know why they would give it to them or not. I mean they went through an entire episode battling over the Z-Crystal so I don't know why they wouldn't use it. But they need to get a Z-Ring first, somehow.

Something else that could happen is them losing it and someone like Gideon would take it.

Years

In the latest episode, Kukui hinted he may plan to establish the Alola League, similar to how he did in the games. If Ash reaches the League with only the current four Pokemon of his Alola Team, he could potentially bring back some of his older Pokemon like he did in the Sinnoh League.

I mean, who'd love to see some of Ash's very forgotten Unova team get a chance to shine?

Years
In the latest episode, Kukui hinted he may plan to establish the Alola League, similar to how he did in the games. If Ash reaches the League with only the current four Pokemon of his Alola Team, he could potentially bring back some of his older Pokemon like he did in the Sinnoh League.

I mean, who'd love to see some of Ash's very forgotten Unova team get a chance to shine?

But Ash should have a 6+ Alola team and he should change teams for every battle bring the old ones back.
For most of matches Alola team itself.

Last edited:
Years
As is going to catch a Pok?mon from akala and one from
Poni

The problem is that Akala is done and dusted for now, though that arc is airing in the dub at the moment. It's just that Ash is based on Melemele due to that island being where the school is at.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah, Akala island is over for now, although they might make returns in the future, and technically Rockruff evolved on Akala island, so there is that. He still hasn't been to big island at all, which is going to take a while. That is where I think the next catching of pokemon will take place. There isn't much to Melemele Island or Akala. But there is a lot on Big Island.

Back