• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Stadium 2 Hack (30% done) - Need Help with Crystal hacking

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
Introduction

You see, you're not dealing with the average Pokémon Hack anymore...

References aside, yes, this is real. This is a Pokémon Stadium 2 hack. Transfer Pak works, and there is the problem. I need to make Crystal hacks that are compatible with it. Anyone that knows how to use the Pokecrystal dissassembly is welcome.

And as proof, here's a Charizard. Complete with improved stats and typing. There are more in the spoiler.
nvsnSLp.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. The raw images are in the spoiler.

Edit: Now with a video! This is a full match against Red's new R1 team.

Current Progress

Stadium 2 Changes

*Updated Move List
*Updated Base Stat List

*Improved Evolution Methods of Certain Pokémon.

*Removed all RBY TM Learnset Flags.
*Updated All TM Learnset Flags.

*Updated the Kanto Starters' Movepool.

*Altered Red's R1 Team

*Type-Effectiveness Chart Changes
Poison vs. Ghost x1/2 -> x1
Grass vs. Dragon x1/2 -> x1
Dark vs. Steel x1/2 -> x1

Dragon vs. Steel x1/2 -> x0
Dragon vs. Ice x1 -> x1/2
Poison vs. Water x1 -> x2
Steel vs. Dragon x1 -> x2

*TM Changes
TM07 Heal Bell
TM12 Reflect
TM13 Light Screen
TM21 Twister
TM32 Body Slam
TM34 Substitute
TM40 Rock Slide
TM42 Thunder Wave
TM43 Mega Punch

Spoiler:

This project aims to completely rebalance Pokémon Stadium 2 and have two Crystal hacks that can be paired up with it.

As you may imagine, Stadium 2 has some strict rules that make many hacking ideas too hard or flat out impossible, like new moves or Pokémons and Fairy-typing.

Now you may be wondering, why would anyone limit themselves and jump into mostly uncharted territory (Try to find a working Stadium 2 hack. Spoiler: There isn't one.) instead of just hacking Fire Red?

There are many answers to that question. I'll focus on two.
The most notable one is online play. There are N64 and GBC Emulators that can handle at least a bit of that. Local Multiplayer is definitely possible too, and unlike online, I tested it already.

The other is an amazing post-game adventure with multiplayer.
Hacks simply end once you complete the Story, beat the E4 and catch all legendaries.

In this project you clear Crystal, and have everything from Stadium to do. And if that wasn't enough, Online just ensures the game only ends when there's no one else to play, and with both Crystal and Stadium having insane replay value, this will still keep the game going.

Now, with the project's story over, let's see what work we have ahead of us.

Like I said before, this project aims to rebalance Stadium 2, and develop two Crystal hacks.
Obviously, the Pokémon Stats, Items and other game mechanics that affect Stadium will have to be changed exactly like the Stadium hack.

Both Crystal hacks are remakes with a more fleshed out plot, better mapping and increased difficulty. When I say increased difficulty, I DON'T mean grindfests.

Instead, the plan is to have an improved Trainer AI and more importantly, level caps for certain major battles. I already have a system designed to implement fair caps, but I'm not fleshing it out to the public in this post since it's already too long. The reason for an anti-grind system is simple, you shouldn't need to grind endlessly to keep up with a hack, nor you should grind endlessly to get past hard battles in a hack either.

Regarding the plot of the hacks, one is a remake of the Crystal storyline and the other is a remake of the Red Storyline. That way, players can pick their favorite region first, including the pokémons that usually take too long to show up in vanilla Crystal or not at all, like Snorlax, Mewtwo and the Legendary Birds. Both versions should have all 251 pokémons.

Stadium is the main draw of this hack though. Impressively enough, the AI in Stadium 2 was able to adapt to the new stats and typing of all moves and Pokémons, so AI is not an issue. However, the basic issue I have with S2 hacking is simple. The only tool available to deal with it is a Hex Editor, and I don't know how to repoint in S2. (I have no idea of the size of the banks. Yes, I'm embarrassed about that.)

With that said, ALL trainers and rental pokémons will be updated, and my current plan to rebalance S2's rental Pokémons include removing competitively unfit pokémons (No more Weedle/Caterpie/Magikarp sandbagging) and using their slots to have more movesets for other Pokémons. (EG: Having a Curselax in a slot and a Drumlax in another.)

Current Team Members

Just me, Volt-Ikazuchi, or Volt for short.

Application Form

As you might have guessed, this is a huge and pretty difficult project. Therefore, even though this is my first hack, I don't think beginners should apply. However, this isn't a rule, anyone who can pull their weight is welcome.
Despite that, I do plan to build this hack with community interaction. For example, community feedback on the Stadium 2 balance is very important, and players that clear either of the Crystal hacks while the Stadium 2 hack is in progress will be able to submit their team to replace one of the vanilla Stadium 2 trainer teams following certain rules.

With that said, this is the form:

Username:
Contact Means:
Timezone:
Skills:
Experience/Proof of work:
Other information:
Your Name for the Hack Projects and Team:
(Yes, I don't have one. I'm not good at naming.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 13, 2020
I don't know how far you have adjusted rental Pokemon. I recently went through and gave Max DVs/IVs (Except for certain Hidden Powers) to all anything goes rental Pokemon. I gave them all Smogon competitive movesets. It turns out you can have more than one of the same Pokemon so I started replacing weaker evolutions with more of the other Pokemon with different movesets. I'd be interesting in being able to change mechanics though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
I don't know how far you have adjusted rental Pokemon. I recently went through and gave Max DVs/IVs (Except for certain Hidden Powers) to all anything goes rental Pokemon. I gave them all Smogon competitive movesets. It turns out you can have more than one of the same Pokemon so I started replacing weaker evolutions with more of the other Pokemon with different movesets. I'd be interesting in being able to change mechanics though.

Yeah, that's what I planned for Rental Pok?mons. But I still haven't changed any yet.
I still have to redo all the movepools, I changed a lot of moves and Pok?mons take forever to learn moves, especially good ones, in GSC.

I did managed to edit the Type-Effectiveness Chart though. For example, Steel is immune to Dragon in my latest patch. Outrage is now a 120BP move, so I needed something to keep it in check. (Just like Gen VI, except it makes sense, unlike Fairy-types)

My real issue is that there is way too much work for me to do on my own though. Just updating and upgrading 251 movesets is a chore, let alone implementing everything on Crystal.

Sure, everything I've planned is possible, the bulk of the Stadium changes were already made, but it is time consuming.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 13, 2020
Yeah, that's what I planned for Rental Pokémons. But I still haven't changed any yet.
I still have to redo all the movepools, I changed a lot of moves and Pokémons take forever to learn moves, especially good ones, in GSC.

I did managed to edit the Type-Effectiveness Chart though. For example, Steel is immune to Dragon in my latest patch. Outrage is now a 120BP move, so I needed something to keep it in check. (Just like Gen VI, except it makes sense, unlike Fairy-types)

My real issue is that there is way too much work for me to do on my own though. Just updating and upgrading 251 movesets is a chore, let alone implementing everything on Crystal.

Sure, everything I've planned is possible, the bulk of the Stadium changes were already made, but it is time consuming.

Yeah you are welcome to take my changes if you want, message me. I'd be interested in how you change any of the other attributes such as attacks. Would be cool to update Stadium 2 to a modern Gen battling system.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
Update: Edited all TM learnsets and the Type-Effectiveness Chart.

Still need people that know how to work with the Pokecrystal disassembly.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I'm afraid I can't help with the disassembly, but I just wanted to say this is a really cool idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress! :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 9, 2019
Playing Pok?mon glazed and I forgot who tutors Rock Slide, where do I go to find him?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
i hacked pokemon stadium 1 and added fusions but i have some issues now idk how to add the sprite name of fairy and steel cuz of lack of space in the offset of types names and repoint doesnt work in n64 roms
anyways this is the progress i made
-new textures
- fusions
- new type chart of effectiveness
-every trainer have better AI
-replacing moves to interesting ones (gen 1 to gen 7)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
What the... How did you even do that!?

I managed to change a couple things in Stadium 2, including changing whole moves (except for the animation), but you clearly got some interesting stuff going on.

How did you implement the fusions? Did you actually manage to change the models? Also a bit curious about what moves you replaced.

As for how to add types... I just can't see it happening without repointing, but I can try to find something out.

Btw, we got a Discord server for this project, so if you want more updated info or just an easier place to communicate, join in at: https://discord.gg/Ba2MsmD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
nvm i figured out how the type sprites works and the move pointers aswell
i used the same animations effects cuz when i tried to edit animations it freeze or moves doesnt do damage
about textures is very easy just dump them and edit them manually
ok ill join

Back