• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Valve Fanclub

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
Years
The Valve Fanclub
valveclub.png

This is a club for anyone who is a fan of the video game company Valve, the makers of games like Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike.

Rules
- This goes without saying, but please follow all PC rules!
- You don't need to be a fan of all Valve games. Just one is good enough for me. 8'D
- No bashing characters/shippings/etc, and please respect your fellow members.
- Please do use spoiler tags when posting spoilers! (Major character deaths, big reveals, betrayals, etc)
- Stay on-topic, please?
- To join, please post "Sandvich" somewhere in your post to prove you read the rules.

Members
Ciervo Volante
Zeffy
mervyn797
Chadie
Deathshot
Gentleman Fish
Sammyskitty
Hiroshi Sotomura
Steel*

Userbars, Buttons, etc
Spoiler:

To start us off, a topic:
What's your favorite Valve game?

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Joinage, because I play valve games. XP

sandvich

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
Years
YAY OUR FIRST MEMBER!! ;U; *throws confetti* I was half-afraid nobody would join because that happened with the last club I made.

Plus also I forgot to answer my own topic;
What's your favorite Valve game?
I like them all. :U But I might like HL2 by just a liiiiittle bit more than the rest. xD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I like most Valve games, really. But the good ol' Counter-Strike will be my favorite from them all. Team Fortress (Classic and 2) would come on close second.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Oh great! A Valve fan club! I want to join as well.
I like Counter Strike, I'm a bit too addicted to it. XD And yeah, I like sandvich as well!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oh great! A Valve fan club! I want to join as well.
I like Counter Strike, I'm a bit too addicted to it. XD And yeah, I like sandvich as well!
I'm addicted to CS as well. Back during the summer I played Counter-Strike literally every day. xD

Chadie

Satzi
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
I actually like and played most of Valve games, but CS is definitely my favorite; we [me and my friends] used to go to this Internet network café every weekend and play against random people there. I kick ass in it. Left 4 Dead comes second, very closely. :D

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
Years
Wow holy crap, I turn around and get all these posts? YAY. 8'D

actually I've never played CS.

@Chadie
Re-read the rules pleasu? ;u;

Chadie

Satzi
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
I forgot this was a group/club, haha. And sorry about that. I guess I want to join, Sandvich :D

Deathshot

Unregistered User
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
I am up for joining this as well!
If you wish to add me to steam: Deathshot333

btw-------

http://kotaku.com/5663410/steam-to-introduce-digital-trade+ins

Site above said:
Right now, if you buy a game from Steam, finish it and don't want it, well, you can...delete it. You can't go trade it in. But there are whispers that the digital purchase giant is considering implementing such a scheme.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter, taking a break from wildly speculating about the future of the industry, has actually gone on record to say he's heard Valve will soon be allowing those who download a game to trade it in.

"Steam is phenomenal, it's a great service," he told NowGamer. "Steam gives gamers enough other stuff so that they don't resent the fact they can't trade in their games. And you know, name all the Steam games that you've purchased that you've traded back in to somebody else for credit. Steam's about to let you do that supposedly, you know like trade and exchange, but they're going to take a fee from it."

Interesting. At the moment, if you delete a game you've purchased, you may not get anything back in return for offloading it, but you can download it again in the future. Giving consumers the option of forsaking that convenience in exchange for credit towards future purchases would, we'd imagine, go down a treat with most of Steam's regular users.

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
Years
@Chadie
lol it's okay! Welcome to the club. 8D

@Deathshot
mm you're forgetting somethiiing.

But that trade-in thing sounds cool! I'd love to do that. xD

Deathshot

Unregistered User
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
Hmm What am I forgetting?

Btw, Favorite Valve game would have to be Half-life. I have played it since it was owned by Sierra.

Deathshot

Unregistered User
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
Half-life gave a lot of things when it was made. Just check out the mods for it and a sandvich.

Off-topic:Btw guys, the Trade-ins thing has been proven false.

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
Years
@Deathshot
Ding ding ding! Also, sucks that the trade-in thing was false. XP

@Gentleman Fish
Welcome. 8'D

Thought I'd post this. You guys might like it. or not

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years