• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
vote for green saphire
I like the story and grafics,an that title is vergy good xD

btw meggido my hack,dawn rainbow is a hack of EMERALD not firered xD

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
I'm voting for my own hack. Because I think it's storyline is quite unique and something new. And because I really like the graphics.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
I once again vote for Aether!
I made a post earlier on the last page voting for it last week!
look at that for reasons :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I vote for any hack other than Aether XD
Jus kidding.

I'm voting for Aether, because the interior tiles are amazing, the outdoor tiles are awesome.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I'm voting for my own hack. Because I think it's storyline is quite unique and something new. And because I really like the graphics.
That's a real dick move, my friend.

Aether. The tiles look amazing(indoor and out), aswell as the palettes. Not too much to go on script-wise, but I'm hoping.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Lolwut? You... can't vote for your OWN hack. Obviously.

That's a real dick move, my friend.

its more than just that its also not allowed pluse defeates the purpose and makes people not like you grow up and read the rules

There's no rule against it, you guys. But the thing is, with voting for yourself, you're only doing yourself a disservice (I'm almost entirely sure that's not a word, but whatever). The way I view the HotW is kinda like a popularity contest - which in essence, it is. When you get votes and win HotW, it's like acceptance; you must have done something right to get people to like your hack and vote for it. If you lose, then maybe you should pep things up a bit, make them better or more appealing. In any case, voting for yourself only hurts you in the long run. And besides, look at all of the hacks that have won HotW so far. We're at 80. Have you seen how many hacks that have won HotW that have actually turned out into something? Very, very few. In all honesty, winning HotW is a step, but it should not mean the world to you guys, okay? :D

It is your decision, though. If it were me (and don't worry, I've been in that position before) I'd delete that post. Go ahead and keep it if you want. :)

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
There's no rule against it, you guys. But the thing is, with voting for yourself, you're only doing yourself a disservice (I'm almost entirely sure that's not a word, but whatever). The way I view the HotW is kinda like a popularity contest - which in essence, it is. When you get votes and win HotW, it's like acceptance; you must have done something right to get people to like your hack and vote for it. If you lose, then maybe you should pep things up a bit, make them better or more appealing. In any case, voting for yourself only hurts you in the long run. And besides, look at all of the hacks that have won HotW so far. We're at 80. Have you seen how many hacks that have won HotW that have actually turned out into something? Very, very few. In all honesty, winning HotW is a step, but it should not mean the world to you guys, okay? :D

It is your decision, though. If it were me (and don't worry, I've been in that position before) I'd delete that post. Go ahead and keep it if you want. :)

That actually makes sense. If someone told me that voting for yourself in HOTW hurts you, I'd be like, 'Wtf are you talkin about?', but now that put it that way, it isn't worth it. I didn't know you could vote for yourself but, I wasn't going to do it even if I knew I could.

Should be a rule if it isn't I guess. ^-^ Helps it make it a true popularity contest.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

actualy there is like a month ago there was a big problem with voting for yourself and medigo(something like that) made a rule you cant vote for yourself

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
actualy there is like a month ago there was a big problem with voting for yourself and medigo(something like that) made a rule you cant vote for yourself
Yeah, megiddo did make a rule against it, and like Vrai said, it'll only hurt you in the long run(he had a personal experience). So you should delete your post, or a mod will.

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
Confusion:
To be eligible for the HotW, your thread should not be more than 30 days old.
30 days old in the Progressing Hacks or total 30 days old ( Scrapbox + Progressing Hacks )?

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
The winner is Aether with 5 votes.
Green Sapphire had 2 votes.

Narutoactor's vote was not sufficient. I did indeed add the rule a while ago. The location does matter. Any hack in progressing is required to have a decent amount of information and screenshots. Scrapbox hacks are not required to have said things. I'll fix that Takuoro.

Editing

Last edited:
Back