• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon Exile [1.0 Beta Demo (Remastered, 8 hrs)]

Which fossil starter do you think will have the coolest Primal Reversion?

• Aurorus

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • Tyrantrum

Votes: 104 70.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
I downloaded it, but when I try to open the game it gives a 'RGSS-RTP Standard not found' as an error.

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
I downloaded it, but when I try to open the game it gives a 'RGSS-RTP Standard not found' as an error.

So I wasn't aware of this earlier, but the game requires some standard archives from RPGMakerXP. I'll change the main download soon so hopefully this shouldn't have issues. If you see this before I'm able to get another main download up, you can download the RPGMakerXP Run-Time Package (RTP) here:
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

I'll let you know when I get the main download fixed again.
-PokeVec40

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
So, another update:

I recently created a new Relic Castle thread for this project. The link is here:
http://reliccastle.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=808

I was also wanted to ask any of you about if I should add any additional features before the update. If you have any suggestions, feel free to reply. Here's a few things I'm planning to add:
- Pokémon can follow the player (like HGGS)
- Gym leader rematches (via Pokégear calling system?)
- New Mystery Gifts

Make sure to keep up with both threads, different things will be posted on each!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Here are my suggestions for features:
-Something like the DexNav in ORAS. And make it show the wild Pokemon's nature too.
-Secret Bases
-Trainer customization
-Pokestar Studios
-A tournament like the PWT in B2/W2

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Here are my suggestions for features:
-Something like the DexNav in ORAS. And make it show the wild Pokemon's nature too.
-Secret Bases
-Trainer customization
-Pokestar Studios
-A tournament like the PWT in B2/W2

Thanks for the suggestions- I Think It would be interesting to modify the Pokeradar to have a DexNav-like interface. The Pokéstar Studios idea seems interesting, but I think I would try do use the same concept just with a different theme.

Guest123123

The theme that plays during the title screen sounds very familiar to me, but I can't recall where it's from. I think it was music in Triforce Heroes, or maybe Mystery Dungeon?

Also, the OP says there are 8 cities/towns but I counted 7 both when I was playing the game and in the list of maps in the OP.

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
The theme that plays during the title screen sounds very familiar to me, but I can't recall where it's from. I think it was music in Triforce Heroes, or maybe Mystery Dungeon?

Also, the OP says there are 8 cities/towns but I counted 7 both when I was playing the game and in the list of maps in the OP.

Yeah, I forgot to change the number. Caprock Town was originally two separate towns, but the size didn't make much sense, so I merged them into East and West Caprock- I'll change that on the Main thread. Also, the music is originally from Pokémon Rumble if you were wondering.

Thanks for playing my game!

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
The Feature where Pokemon follow their trainers would be nice.

Yep, gonna hopefully add that soon :). Right now, I'm working on a Hidden Grotto/Secret Base hybrid thing that the player can customize. Following Pokémon scripts have notoriously collided with other game scripts, so it might take a lot of time to find and address all the potential bugs. More details on the RelicCastle Thread if anyone's curious.

-PokeVec40

Azewilous

Lord Aze
Years
Not sure where to report bugs for this thread, or if the ones i have found have been reported already, but first the Pokéballs on the healers are set forward by one row, and in Quirona city, when I leave the Pokémon Center, I don't spawn in front of it, I spawn 11 steps to the left, so like near the entrance.

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok, so after about 8 hours straight of screaming at the incompetence of Ruby (because I am a 'perfect programming god') I finally managed to get the Secret Hollow mechanics up and running for the next update. (See RelicCastle thread for more info). Right now, each player has one active Secret Base at once, with customizable music, effects (fog, etc.), and up to 40 individual decorations can be placed in one Secret Base.

I have some screen shots below:

ddnt0zo.png

By the way, thanks for all the feedback on bugs and other things- you all rock for catching some of those for me!
-PokeVec40

Azewilous

Lord Aze
Years
The event for the players first battle with Kathryn was still active after getting back from
the other region of Rakosa. Also the sprite of Kathryn wasn't there the event was only triggered.

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Thanks for the feedback all of you!

Work on Pokémon Exile has been slow but steady the past week-
Here's some teasers on the two Gyms I just added:
- Gym 3: Leader- Carson, Psychic type
- Gym 4: Leader- Emma, Grass type
scdKVFR.png

-PokeVec40

Years
"RGSS-RTP Standard not found" pops up and closes the game window before it even starts. Do you know how I could fix this?

Azewilous

Lord Aze
Years
"RGSS-RTP Standard not found" pops up and closes the game window before it even starts. Do you know how I could fix this?

I believe this means that you need to install the RGSS Run Time Package, which I found a version just google "RTP Maker RTP Download" (Apologies can't post links yet, recently joined these forums). Just Select the "RPG Maker XP" package then download and install it, after everything should work fine.

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Guess who's just got back from kicking butt in the Sinnoh Region!
4x2an9P.png

(Edit)... Also here's a clip of the new title screen that has to do with one of the game's main Legendary Pokémon. This was made using Luka S.J.'s resource/script pack with modifications. Feedback anyone?
wwiAJx4.png

-PokeVec40

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Hello,i have a question,in the next update,will u remove the PRG MAKER requirement competely or i just misuderstood it?

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Hello,i have a question,in the next update,will u remove the PRG MAKER requirement competely or i just misuderstood it?

So for any RPG Maker XP game, it is not required that you actually purchase the entire software,(which costs $$), but simply to download and install the totally free Run Time Package, or RTP for short. (Link is above). This is not the actual software, but simply a library of default resources (sounds, images, etc. that the game needs to run). In the next update, you will not need to even use these resources, as all of the resources will be referenced directly in the game folder. This means the actual download for the game may be bigger, but the RTP will not need to be installed.

Hope this helps!
-PokeVec40

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
So for any RPG Maker XP game, it is not required that you actually purchase the entire software,(which costs $$), but simply to download and install the totally free Run Time Package, or RTP for short. (Link is above). This is not the actual software, but simply a library of default resources (sounds, images, etc. that the game needs to run). In the next update, you will not need to even use these resources, as all of the resources will be referenced directly in the game folder. This means the actual download for the game may be bigger, but the RTP will not need to be installed.

Hope this helps!
-PokeVec40
Very informative answer thanks a lot! :)

Back