• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another sign-up

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Roleplays need people. We are people. But unlike ghosts, living people are a somewhat scarce commodity. People, most of 'm, are subjected to time, in one way or another. Some of us age, some of us accidently shift in and out of it. Because of this we are limited in our rp capabilities, like we are in anything else. So when do you, as a people, decide to make another SU for another RP, or start another RP?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Lately, never. RIP

Back in the day, as soon as a RP felt exciting and I was fairly sure I could commit for a while. I was always rather bad with keeping myself at a number of RPs I could handle well :')

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Honestly, sometimes I make sign-ups for the sake of making them or on a whim. It's not always indicative of whether I'm genuinely "invested," more "let me get a post or two in with this funny ass concept before this thing tanks" lmfaoo

So -- I'll actually answer your other question about post frequency here, Ice -- it's up to the sociability of the GM and the other players to keep me around for the long run. Otherwise, if there's no real conversation or sense that the GM really cares about their player base, there's nothing to gain from my perspective. On the other hand, great OOC experiences breed consistent posts from me. Not that I don't have other hobbies, but I really like dedicating time to a roleplay I care about, and the people that keep it afloat are a big reason for why I care.

I think I could be a decently sociable GM but it all comes down to motivation. I have a plethora of ideas but lack the passion to write for them. That's why I haven't started a roleplay yet, although I'd like to.

Last edited:

seattles

contemplating.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2018
when i'm absolutely sure i have the time to commit, or have the energy to do so.

sadly, there will be no future SU's, because i know my replies/posts will be very late. i have a lack of motivation and my muse is somewhere in the very deepest darkest corner. which is sad. sigh

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Like I stated in the "why don't you post more" thread my health is a major factor in how much I post, so I'm aware that I can't spread myself too thin without serious risk of letting people down. Right now my focus is on PTA and I don't want to let the players there down, we have some seriously awesome people involved. It would take something really special for me to resolve to make an SU right now but I never say never.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
It depended on the people, really. I loved RPs that incorporate working together or GMs that make an actual effort of communication with the players to see how they're doing character wise to get an idea of how to progress the storyline. I prefer RPs to be out of the norm, even if basic trainer stories can be fun, but there really needs to be something that draws a major interest.
I also like when there is a time limit on putting out posts because that can really put my butt into gear. Yea, life happens, but a few sentences here or there throughout the week really does build. Also makes you not want to let down the other players. It becomes a real bummer when only one or two people are the only ones putting out posts when there are supposed to be 10+ people in it?
Right now I would love for a dark themed pokemon rp to pop up.

Last edited:
Back