Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Draconius GO

Old September 5th, 2017 (9:22 AM).

are we gonna get the elite 4 update, or do we have to wait because school started again and you wont have time to work on it until Christmas break

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 10th, 2017 (11:32 AM).

I need some help I got the mission to take over the Pokemon fan club in saffron , but I getting
      I will come back when I'm stronger. I'm I missing some thing or do my pokemon need be a certain level
      Old September 14th, 2017 (5:34 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by 007mathew View Post
        I need some help I got the mission to take over the Pokemon fan club in saffron , but I getting
        I will come back when I'm stronger. I'm I missing some thing or do my pokemon need be a certain level
        There's a mission for that. Don't worry ATM.
        Old September 15th, 2017 (8:55 AM).

Nature: Hasty
          Progress: School is crazy hard, and I'm not getting a lot of free time to keep my grades up AND do balance Rocket Rising. I haven't done much in the past month besides study.
          I'm definitely part way through the Elite Four event, but it's big and I can't release it in chunks otherwise it will definitely break somewhere.
          It's all planned out though, I just need the actual time to sit down and throw energy into it.

I'm also trying to pepper in side events and recruiting possibilities that you can do between League rounds, since each round gets successively harder than the last.

Sorry guys, I know you're being patient but since summer free time is over it's gonna take awhile for me to get anything done.
          Old September 15th, 2017 (10:44 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SaltRoad View Post
            Progress: School is crazy hard, and I'm not getting a lot of free time to keep my grades up AND do balance Rocket Rising. I haven't done much in the past month besides study.
            I'm definitely part way through the Elite Four event, but it's big and I can't release it in chunks otherwise it will definitely break somewhere.
            It's all planned out though, I just need the actual time to sit down and throw energy into it.

I'm also trying to pepper in side events and recruiting possibilities that you can do between League rounds, since each round gets successively harder than the last.

Sorry guys, I know you're being patient but since summer free time is over it's gonna take awhile for me to get anything done.
            thanks for the progress this summer, and good luck with the schooling. cya elite 4 till December lol
            Old September 19th, 2017 (11:23 AM).

Thanks for the massive progress this summer.

I think this game really have potential.

I have been following the game for over 2 years now, and have a total play time of about 19 hours, on my current save (without all the game overs)... Please keep adding great and difficult content.

Will be looking forward to December!
              Old October 22nd, 2017 (2:25 PM).

Progress: I've added two new recruitables, Tali and Morgan (I need more guy characters...) and I'm getting through the League stuff.
                Not too much progress during the school year, unfortunately, but I have been working on it here and there.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by 007mathew View Post
                I realized I may have misunderstood this. You're using version 5.5?
                Before that patch there may have been an error where the base wouldn't get taken over if you somehow got TOO MANY takeover points.
                (https://www.mediafire.com/file/3mjvvjzjplw1pso/RocketRising5-5.exe)
                As long as you're using this patch, and did at least 4 extra missions (Pokemart, Copycat, Salon, Pippi, or the Funding Guy from the Cinnabar Pokecenter sidequest) then this patch will let you take over the Saffron Base when Idris tells you to.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jonuman View Post
                Thanks for the massive progress this summer.

I think this game really have potential.

I have been following the game for over 2 years now, and have a total play time of about 19 hours, on my current save (without all the game overs)... Please keep adding great and difficult content.

Will be looking forward to December!
                Yeah you've been here for a long time! Jeez, 19 hours is forever. I'm glad you've been enjoying it!
                Old October 24th, 2017 (3:55 PM).
                Seer of Ledian's true power!

Nature: Impish
                  so when I was playing I went to pewter city and I really confused the game "I'm way past the museum quest" and when the earthquake happened again in mount moon the game soft locked figure I'd say something
                  Old October 24th, 2017 (6:22 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AkioMoto View Post
                    so when I was playing I went to pewter city and I really confused the game "I'm way past the museum quest" and when the earthquake happened again in mount moon the game soft locked figure I'd say something
                    Huh, that definitely shouldn't happen. You're using the most recent, 5-5 right? Where are you in the story?

In the current version you shouldn't get any Redra conversations as long as you're anywhere past the PokeCenter with Maxx mission.
                    In the earlier versions that conversation would still happen if you visited it anytime before the Fuchsia Park event. Which was a bit unfair, which is why it got fixed.
                    Old October 24th, 2017 (6:42 PM).
                    Seer of Ledian's true power!

Nature: Impish
                      Quote:
                      Huh, that definitely shouldn't happen. You're using the most recent, 5-5 right? Where are you in the story?

In the current version you shouldn't get any Redra conversations as long as you're anywhere past the PokeCenter with Maxx mission.
                      In the earlier versions that conversation would still happen if you visited it anytime before the Fuchsia Park event. Which was a bit unfair, which is why it got fixed.
                      I have 5-5 and I'm before the cerulean gym event so I'm not sure what happened I got there through diglet cave and then it happened and I got warped
                      Old November 1st, 2017 (10:00 AM). Edited November 1st, 2017 by Mercilec.

This is probably the pokemon game with the best features. I mean there is ACTUAL ATTACK and GUARD???? .nough said. the best.

Ok, here is my feedback at first glance.
                        I wont go on and talk about all the awesome features u have (ATB?? Skill Usage System??.. amazing!). And the rest are all great BUT ofc there are also some things that i dont really understand or find fitting.

Here they are

The item system: What i understand is that u wanted to add some form of customization on the pokemons but i dont think actual GEAR fit the pokemons. So im going to suggest something else ( i dont think ull need to do any changes code-wise).
                        Instead of Accessory, Armor or Weapon slots i suggest u add something and call it: Souls sytem, OR Empowerment system, Or Spirit system. This system will offer 3 slots (as many as you want) where you can equip a sort of something and that something can enchance stats, skills, give new passive/active skills to the pokemon, or whatever else you want, its up to you.
                        The idea is: Your pokemon has 3 (again the number is a quick guess of mine representing your gear slot system) open slots of (whatever the name is) which allows you to further boost your pokemon.

----

Luck Stat: Hmm i never understood the purpose of Luck in games, i mean, Luck itsself is not any kind of real attribute, ppl mostly add it to create balance. Anyway all cool.

Regarding stats, you could also add:

Reflexes which increases:
                        Chance to dodge, Chance to critical or even Chance to hit.

Focus which increases:
                        Chance to resist a mental attack (effects like Sleep, Confusion, etc)

----
                        Question.
                        I didnt notice any sort of types, did u remove them ? (would be awesome). Because if you remove the types you can do something else. You can add INHERIT passive skills to each pokemon, meaning, these will be skills with each each pokemon "borns"/exists. Like for example. Pikachu being the electric type he is, can have lets say +20% resist to electic dmg. Another skill. When below 35% HP increases Electric attacks' damage by 30%.
                        Those are just 2 skills i came up with, if you can up with more skills then awesome. Just make sure the skill fit each pokemon (i can help you with ideas!).

---
                        Also, im not sure whats the formula behind physical attacks' damage. But what if you make physical attacks deal damage based on your Attack? (or they already work like than and i am just being stupid? )

---
                        Another thing i suggest is: in-combat make pokemons have their REAL size, for example, if Raichu is a little bigger than Pikachu, we should be able to see it. I believe real sizes add to the immersion, things feel more real.
                        Old November 3rd, 2017 (11:30 AM).

Progress: The Pokemon League event is very nearly finished! I'm testing out the last round of Trainers, and the climactic end fight. That's probably where I'll end for this update,

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by AkioMoto View Post
                          I have 5-5 and I'm before the cerulean gym event so I'm not sure what happened I got there through diglet cave and then it happened and I got warped
                          Oh I see. It should get fixed after the Cerulean Gym event. I'll adjust the event in game so it fixes earlier in the future.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Mercilec View Post
                          This is probably the pokemon game with the best features. I mean there is ACTUAL ATTACK and GUARD???? .nough said. the best.

Ok, here is my feedback at first glance.
                          I wont go on and talk about all the awesome features u have (ATB?? Skill Usage System??.. amazing!). And the rest are all great BUT ofc there are also some things that i dont really understand or find fitting.

Here they are

The item system: What i understand is that u wanted to add some form of customization on the pokemons but i dont think actual GEAR fit the pokemons. So im going to suggest something else ( i dont think ull need to do any changes code-wise).
                          Instead of Accessory, Armor or Weapon slots i suggest u add something and call it: Souls sytem, OR Empowerment system, Or Spirit system. This system will offer 3 slots (as many as you want) where you can equip a sort of something and that something can enchance stats, skills, give new passive/active skills to the pokemon, or whatever else you want, its up to you.
                          The idea is: Your pokemon has 3 (again the number is a quick guess of mine representing your gear slot system) open slots of (whatever the name is) which allows you to further boost your pokemon.
                          The item system mimics the Pokemon series pretty closely. There are all kinds of items in Pokemon, like Leftovers or Quick Sashes or so on. It's really difficult to just transfer those items over to an ATB system though, so I just shifted to something a little more Final Fantasy with the Weapons and Accessory.
                          But you've pretty much got it in that Accessories do things like enhancing stats, or giving immunity to certain Move-types!

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Mercilec
                          Luck Stat: Hmm i never understood the purpose of Luck in games, i mean, Luck itsself is not any kind of real attribute, ppl mostly add it to create balance. Anyway all cool.

Regarding stats, you could also add:

Reflexes which increases:
                          Chance to dodge, Chance to critical or even Chance to hit.

Focus which increases:
                          Chance to resist a mental attack (effects like Sleep, Confusion, etc)
                          Luck, in VX Ace, is used to avoid Status ailments like Sleep and Confusion. Just like the Focus stat you mentioned!
                          But that isn't obvious from the name "Luck". There's probably a way to erase it visually from the game but I haven't dug into the code yet.
                          Reflexes are interesting, because that is a hidden stat within the game that can be affected by certain items and such. I don't know why it's default hidden in VX Ace. Again, a coding thing I would have to dig into to get it to show up.

Quote:
                          Question.
                          I didnt notice any sort of types, did u remove them ? (would be awesome). Because if you remove the types you can do something else. You can add INHERIT passive skills to each pokemon, meaning, these will be skills with each each pokemon "borns"/exists. Like for example. Pikachu being the electric type he is, can have lets say +20% resist to electic dmg. Another skill. When below 35% HP increases Electric attacks' damage by 30%.
                          Those are just 2 skills i came up with, if you can up with more skills then awesome. Just make sure the skill fit each pokemon (i can help you with ideas!).
                          Pokemon Types are still around! All of your own Pokemon, and your enemies, have strengths and weaknesses to skills based on your type. Even in the intro Nugget Bridge, if you use Pikachu's electric moves against the birds, you can see that they are weak to those electric moves.
                          But because some Pokemon have types that change when they evolve, there's not a place that I can put their Types. There are only descriptions for Actors, not Classes (which would change from Charmeleon class to Charizard class during evolution).
                          For this same reason you may have noticed that the Description of your Pokemon doesn't change when it evolves.

TL;DR Types exist but there's nowhere good to put that information except for attack skill icons.

Quote:
                          Also, im not sure whats the formula behind physical attacks' damage. But what if you make physical attacks deal damage based on your Attack? (or they already work like than and i am just being stupid?:) )

---
                          Another thing i suggest is: in-combat make pokemons have their REAL size, for example, if Raichu is a little bigger than Pikachu, we should be able to see it. I believe real sizes add to the immersion, things feel more real.
                          a.hp -= (a.hp * 0.1).to_i; [a.atk * 2 - b.def * 1, 1].max is the ATTACK FORMULA.
                          So it is based somewhat on your Pokemon's attack (a.atk) and somewhat on your opponents defense (b.def).
                          Attack formulas are very interesting.

Making Pokemon their real size... it's something I've thought about, and I might tackle it once I've gotten the game's plot finished. I think it could add some interesting looks to the battles! Giant pokemon like Onyx side by side with little ones like Pikachu or Pidgey.
                          Old November 7th, 2017 (10:01 AM).

better move sets for arodactyl and fix gyradose skill pool ...gonna need them to beat the elite 4
                            Old November 8th, 2017 (2:34 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by supereffective View Post
                              better move sets for arodactyl and fix gyradose skill pool ...gonna need them to beat the elite 4
                              Aerodactly has... Wing attack -> Whirlwind
                              Quickattack->Tailwhip->Agility->Scary face
                              Bite->Hyper Fang
                              and Hyper Beam.

What other moves should it have?

Yeah in the current update Magikarp is hard coded to learn bite when it evolves to Gyrados.
                              Old November 8th, 2017 (4:59 PM).

Quote:
                                Aerodactly has... Wing attack -> Whirlwind
                                Quickattack->Tailwhip->Agility->Scary face
                                Bite->Hyper Fang
                                and Hyper Beam.

What other moves should it have?

Yeah in the current update Magikarp is hard coded to learn bite when it evolves to Gyrados.
                                crunch , and a good rock attack ..ancient power , rock slide? sky attack.... and I was referring too gerydoses mutated form...the skill set is not fully operational.
                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:33 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by jenje008.

hello.... Loving the game and the idea of being a vilain .... but I am stuck with Redra mission I can't pick her house lock
                                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:49 PM).

Progress: Been out with a cold, and Finals are creeping up. But in a few weeks I'll be out on vacation and able to really dedicate some time in again. All that's left is the big Rival battle.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by jenje008 View Post
                                    hello.... Loving the game and the idea of being a vilain .... but I am stuck with Redra mission I can't pick her house lock
                                    Picking the lock involves holding down the buttons all at the same time. If you're not playing the game on a computer this might not be possible. But, you don't need ALL the clues.
                                    Here are all of the clue locations.
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Two are in the locked house towards the South of Celadon
                                    The recruiter on the 4th floor of the base
                                    The grunt on the 1st floor of the base near the boxes
                                    The grunt outside the Pokemon Center
                                    The guy on the date on top of Celadon Department Building
                                    The fisherman to the left of the Casino.
                                    Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:22 PM).

[QUOTE=SaltRoad;9800166]Progress: Been out with a cold, and Finals are creeping up. But in a few weeks I'll be out on vacation and able to really dedicate some time in again. All that's left is the big Rival battle. and I swear ill get areodactyal fully weaponised in the next update

hey sorry about your cold man, hope you do well on your test...gosh those tests man. god bless ya and good luck. cant wait to see if gary using 3, 4 or 6 pokemon lol
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (2:05 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by jenje008.

Hello great game so far thanks for it ....how can I evolve Haunter and pikachu?
                                        Old 1 Week Ago (2:42 AM).

Progress: Wrapping up finals and then back to Rocket Rising. Should be a busy month ahead!

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by supereffective View Post
                                          hey sorry about your cold man, hope you do well on your test...gosh those tests man. god bless ya and good luck. cant wait to see if gary using 3, 4 or 6 pokemon lol
                                          Being sick is the WORST. I'm so glad I'm better finally!
                                          For Gary/Rival, I really really wanted to give him 6 Pokemon. I like his team and it would ensure that the fight is really hard.
                                          But, unfortunately, that's cheating. So 3 it is, similar to all your earlier fights with him.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by jenje008 View Post
                                          Hello great game so far thanks for it ....how can I evolve Haunter and pikachu?
                                          Haunter should evolve automatically into Gengar at lvl 35.
                                          Pikachu can be evolved using a Thunderstone, which you should be able to find on the 4th floor of the Celadon Department Store.
                                          (Maybe I should make those evolution Stones dual purpose as Accessories somehow?)
                                          Old 1 Week Ago (8:15 AM).
                                          supereffective supereffective is offline

I like fight gary with 6 pokemon at somepoint even if its not for the championship.
                                            Old 1 Week Ago (6:53 AM).
                                            shinymissingno shinymissingno is offline

Nature: Quiet
                                              Ooh, now this sounds interesting~ I think I'll wait until there's more substance to the demo, but I'm DEFINITELY gonna be watching this one. I'm a sucker for games where you can play as a Rocket member~
                                              G҉̢͜l̷҉̸̧í̢̛͡͞t̶̛͜c̶h̸͏͟e̵͟d͜͝͞ ̴̢͝͠a̧͠҉n̶̶̕͜d͞͞ ̶̕G̛͟l̢͠͏̧͟á͜m̴͝ǫ̡͘͜͜ŕ̀̕o̵̢̡͡͞u̶̴̡͘͟s̷̨̡ ̶̀́a͞͝ņ҉̛d̷͟͡ ̨ŗ̷͘è̡͜͡͠a̢̧̨͟͟d̷̴̢͞͝y҉̷ ̷̢̨̀͞t͘҉̢͟ǫ́͘͟͝ ͏̧͢͢͏C̵̡ǫ̕͢Ŕ̨́͠ŗ̴Ư͟҉p̶̢͘͠͝T̴̴̢
                                              Old 1 Week Ago (7:03 AM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by shinymissingno View Post
                                                Ooh, now this sounds interesting~ I think I'll wait until there's more substance to the demo, but I'm DEFINITELY gonna be watching this one. I'm a sucker for games where you can play as a Rocket member~
                                                At this point I think there's about... 10 hours of gameplay at minimum? It's hard for me to estimate when I'm speedrunning everything but that feels about right to me.
                                                We're pretty much at end-game now.
                                                Old 1 Week Ago (7:03 AM).

Quote:
                                                  At this point I think there's about... 10 hours of gameplay at minimum? It's hard for me to estimate when I'm speedrunning everything but that feels about right to me.
                                                  We're pretty much at end-game now.
                                                  just finishet the demo yesterday NEVER FELT BORED at all. it took me 19h but I did a lot of grinding... waiting for the next update and the League ... GOOD LUCK
                                                  Old 1 Week Ago (12:54 PM).
                                                  supereffective supereffective is offline

take a year off after completeing then add a plus one with major crazy trainer battles for a second playthrough like for example officer jenny will have 3 arcanines instead of two growlethes etc etc

Quick Reply