• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Clubs Feedback and News

Years
I agree with you, the member lists is what makes a club a club and to take that away that would sorta turn the clubs more into a general discussion thread, which defeats the whole purpose.

I'm definitely saying yes to keeping the member lists. It pretty much needs it or it won't be a proper club.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I was under the impression the member lists were already optional :o I know we put a lot of emphasis on member lists and sign-up posts being mandatory back in 2012, but that was due to a pretty big amount of new clubs that often times just contained an introduction, which we felt was a tad too little effort to put into the clubs, so it became a thing that was required for the clubs to go through approval. But as the influx of new clubs died down a bit, and as more club owners wanted to be rid of the member lists, it kinda moved from being a mandatory element of the opening post to being more of a recommended element to guide people who were having trouble with getting some content into their opening posts. But yeah, I was fine with no member lists and sign-up posts in clubs, as long as the club owners managed to give the opening posts a bit of content without them that wasn't just a short introduction.

I do see a lot of benefits in members lists though. For one, like you mentioned Wicked, it does feel more like a club. I feel like it kinda gives a sense of unity, and I think that's what distinguishes clubs from simple discussion threads. It also gives way for certain features, like the points system and whatever else creative stuff people can think of and if designed correctly, it can make the opening post look better. But this is all just flavour to the clubs, and a way for owners to mix up the experience, so I don't think that's much of a reason to make it mandatory.

So yeah, in short, I think member lists should be optional, but definitely recommended.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I say to keep them.
There would be a lot of post and go plus in profiles we have the section were u put your club memberships well how would u determine your member then plus it also keeps a record of people that are in the club as well.
Bottom line it really makes the clubs more professional to without them its random people coming whenever theres a topic they like. I think without them we may even have less people coming and more people going b/c of a post and go atmosphere will most likely be formed. Plus its not like the sign up form is a lot of work really its hardly any say ur name your partner and answer a topic not to hard really! :)

Years
it also would possibly make it feel less exclusive so anyone could chime in at any given time, but that does encourage post-and-go much more, which we want to remove.

This is exactly why people are joining clubs and why this sub forum exists imho.

If clubs weren't a thing, you could just put everything in the "Pokemon general" and have the "less exclusive" discussions there. Clubs are supposed to gather those who are interested in the club's main topic and keep them there. Being on a member list makes you feel like a part of a community inside the community and promotes the discussion.
At least that's how I see it :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Contests/Competitions, Club Events

I tried to make an event, but ended up in failure. Because of timezone problems, lacking of active members, technical problems and lack of promotions too. I believe events are going to work, but they must be well promoted and there should be attractive prizes to encourage our members to participate in.

For event example, we can have all 18 types clubs can co-organize event, 'The Best Type' competition of sort. But in order to participate this event, those 18 clubs should organize a member only competition, and then the winner of the Water-type Tournament should represent Water-type to battle the champions of other types. Sounds too grand, but hey it's just an example and it's fun too, haha.

Promotion

If we're talking about the promotion for the whole Club Forum, then that's something big. I'm not that active on Club Forum, except for my own club. So I have no opinion on that matter. If we're talking about the club their selves, organizing events and creating wonderful topics are enough. And some mini-games would do the trick, but the games should be related to the club itself and most importantly a discussion should go on while the mini-games are on (need more stuff to differentiate it from the Forum Games).

IRC

IRC is good, but focusing too much on IRC might even result the Club Forum to dry up more faster. There should be a counter to prevent the Club Forums from drying if IRC is considered. :)

Official Thread Reformation

Reformation is good as well, but we need detailed conversations on this subject.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
I am having a hard time getting more to sign up and keep the momentum going. I am thinking about giving out shiny electric types since I shiny hunt. I would like to create a in club electric type only tournament or a drawing competition. I would have a vs brachet chart matching members with their aponents and the members have to find the time to get together. Then the chart will be updated. For the drawing competition, members post their drawings and others vote on their favorites. The bracket chart tournaments could work for all clubs, like the water club vs steel club.

Reactions: Sun

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
So I have a couple of points that I'd like to get some feedback on regarding rules and such:

- Club Reservations: How long is a good length to let people have a reservation? Currently that sits at a week but I've been thinking of extending it a bit to give people some more time just in case things come up.

- Club Revival: Currently we have a rule that all clubs are considered dead after 30 days, but I've been toying about letting an owner revive a club within 45 days if they so choose.

- Double Posting: Right now a club owner may double post after a week to bump up a slow club, but only may do so twice. I'm thinking maybe shortening that to 5 days considering activity is up lately.

Let's hear your opinions!

Dedenne1

Years
Club Reservations
Personally i feel 1 week is usually fair but some people cant always get on or wanna spend some time making the first post or are still debating it sooooo maybe 2 weeks is more fair? It definately would give people rough time to make a club! :3

Club Revival
Not really needed if theyre inactive for a month its kinda fair game to shut it down and proves a lack of interest either by the owner or the members. I think 30 is a good number and quite fair.

Double Posting
I dont really like the double post rules only cause if i post last and i have an Announcement thats urgent or id like to say i have to edit that post or wait till someone else posts and people who already read that post wont read it again so double posting by owners should probably be allowed to double post quicker if need be. Why is there a 2 time limit though? Unless im reading it wrong it seems like sometimes clubs can go inactive for a long period of time and it may be needed to double post a couple of times.

Also i have a question is there any rules that state that PC members need to have x amount of posts before making a club or be a member for x amount of time?

Wicked3DS

Years
Club Reservations
Personally i feel 1 week is usually fair but some people cant always get on or wanna spend some time making the first post or are still debating it sooooo maybe 2 weeks is more fair? It definately would give people rough time to make a club! :3

I was thinking 10 days or 2 weeks, but I'd have to get more feedback before making a change.

Club Revival
Not really needed if theyre inactive for a month its kinda fair game to shut it down and proves a lack of interest either by the owner or the members. I think 30 is a good number and quite fair.

Fine by me.

Double Posting
I dont really like the double post rules only cause if i post last and i have an Announcement thats urgent or id like to say i have to edit that post or wait till someone else posts and people who already read that post wont read it again so double posting by owners should probably be allowed to double post quicker if need be. Why is there a 2 time limit though? Unless im reading it wrong it seems like sometimes clubs can go inactive for a long period of time and it may be needed to double post a couple of times.

It's a one week time limit and only the owner can double post, but only twice in a row. I'm willing to scale that back a bit since double posting rules have become much less strict recently. Basically, I'd like it to just be don't spam and bump your club every 3 days just to get more activity.

Also i have a question is there any rules that state that PC members need to have x amount of posts before making a club or be a member for x amount of time?

There is no rule about that and I think it's good that way, but if others want to rebut that I'd be willing to listen.

What else? I know Dedenne isn't the only one here that has some thoughts about this stuff. At least I hope not.

Wicked3DS

Years
So I'm going to have 3 day weekends the next two weeks, so I should be getting a good bit done for the sections, including some new stickies, so if you guys have any other suggestions, please post them! I'm excited to move forward with building this place up again. Also, sorry that it's been a bit of a down month, I've been pretty busy and I took some time away to regroup a bit, but I'm excited for what's ahead.

Wicked3DS

Years
I'm finishing up a directory for us that I'll have posted later tonight, but I have a question for you all. Do you think Team Aqua and Magma should be required to be one club, or could they be separated? If they are made together, it wouldn't be an issue if you ask me, but I'm not sure if they should be separated since they are so entwined in the universe. So let me know what you think!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Personally I'd say they should be the same. Overall, I think the teams are too similar to really need two seperate clubs. One argument I can see for keeping them separate, would be how much they distinguished the personalities in the remakes, although I still don't think that's quite enough. Overall, the themes, designs and goals for the two teams just seem way too similar, and I could imagine, if it were to ever happen, that having both clubs at once would just result in discussion in one club just being a small variation from what it is in the other club.

Also, judging from the amount of Team Aqua/Magma clubs that have been while I've been here, I don't think they're popular enough either to constitute two clubs. So I feel like just combining the two teams would be overall better, just to get enough people in.

Wicked3DS

Years
So thanks to help from Achromatic, we have a forum splash! As you can see, I have featured the Pokecommunity Puzzle League with a picture and a link on the right side. We have done featured clubs in the past, but got away from it for a while and now I'm happy to say that I'm bringing it back in full swing. I chose Puzzle League because I think it's a great complement to our other spinoff club, Mystery Dungeon.

The next order of business is how we want to go about picking this Featured Club. Back in the day there was a "Club of the Month" which we could definitely bring back if you guys are interested (and honestly I would like doing that as well). The winner would get an emblem and be featured in the banner up top as it is now.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
So thanks to help from Achromatic, we have a forum splash! As you can see, I have featured the Pokecommunity Puzzle League with a picture and a link on the right side. We have done featured clubs in the past, but got away from it for a while and now I'm happy to say that I'm bringing it back in full swing. I chose Puzzle League because I think it's a great complement to our other spinoff club, Mystery Dungeon.

The next order of business is how we want to go about picking this Featured Club. Back in the day there was a "Club of the Month" which we could definitely bring back if you guys are interested (and honestly I would like doing that as well). The winner would get an emblem and be featured in the banner up top as it is now.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

I think Club of The Month would be a great idea, Quajutsu! :)

Years
I'm definitely up for a Club of the Month, it's sorta like the Featured Club but it we spotlight on a chosen club for a whole month, like how Pokemon Anime spotlights on a certain character each month.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Club of the month would be a surely awesome idea, it will highlight the club and get it also help in bring the certain Featured club more members and even People attention! So you should definitely bring it back :)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm fine with Club of the Month, I'm just hoping that it wouldn't create any bad rivalries/competition among clubs nor the featured CoTM overshadowing the clubs that couldn't make it.

Dedenne1

Years
I think its a great idea as i already said to Quajutsu itll definately increase activity in the featured club and hopefully get more people to this section :D

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I think its a great idea as i already said to Quajutsu itll definately increase activity in the featured club and hopefully get more people to this section :D

Which is the part I'm exactly skeptic at. I don't really see the point on featuring a club that is already known as Club of The Month. I see imbalance there, it's like giving more power to an Uber tier Pokémon, whereas the weak ones should be assisted instead.

As I said, as long the whole thing is healthy for the whole forum section then I'm in it.

Dedenne1

Years
Which is the part I'm exactly skeptic at. I don't really see the point on featuring a club that is already known as Club of The Month. I see imbalance there, it's like giving more power to an Uber tier Pokémon, whereas the weak ones should be assisted instead.

As I said, as long the whole thing is healthy for the whole forum section then I'm in it.

Well i think it would be meant to help the smaller clubs and any club that has difficulty increasing activity. I dont think itll hurt anything and will only boost all the clubs though theres always that possibility.

Back