• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Pokemon Contests

Years
ebjdCqq.png

First introduced in around Gen 3, Pokemon Contests have been a staple in pretty much nearly every generation since then except Alola and Sinnoh (I think? I may be wrong on that). Contests essentially serve as somewhat of a getaway from the seriousness of battling into something fun and more lighthearted.

But would you like to see them back for the next generation? Or would you rather they be replaced with something else, entirely? I'm kinda curious to see how many people want to see something like this back, still. :o

Years
I'd like to see them if they could be done similarly to RSE! Had suuuch an amazing time with contests in gen III, hold many great memories of those. Definitely miles better than things like musicals and I hope we'll get contests or at least something similar or more entertaining in future gens.

Years
RSE was pretty much the only good way Game Freak handled contests, imo. .-. After that... they made them kinda uninteresting and really cheesy later on.

Years
yeah gen 3's contest system was pretty much the best one. but havent really tried out gen 6's contests so...

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I agree that RSE seemed to do contests the best. ORAS was based on them but the appeal section was kinda meh imo.

I still found them fun in say gen 4, but less interesting due to segments I didn't like much (e.g. dressing up) or mechanics (appealing to multiple judges just didn't work so well).

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
If we got some sort of reward for participating/winning the contests like points that could be used to purchase helpful items then I'd definitely want to see it return.

Back