• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I am undecided. I'd need a Wii U first, but I think I would probably have one by then. =p But who knows. Maybe I'd end up with both if I think it's worth it (helped by the fact they'll have different stages), and if there's a neat deal going for the two (the latter is unlikely though). What I do know is that at the very least I'll get one of them for sure, haha.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I am undecided. I'd need a Wii U first, but I think I would probably have one by then. =p But who knows. Maybe I'd end up with both if I think it's worth it (helped by the fact they'll have different stages), and if there's a neat deal going for the two (the latter is unlikely though). What I do know is that at the very least I'll get one of them for sure, haha.

Yeah, I am in the exact situation. I already own 3DS, but not a WiiU. I will definitely be purchasing Smash 4 for the 3DS, but idk if I want to spend $250 on WiiU just for the game. Mario Kart 8 comes out next year as well, I may buy the WiiU then.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
I'm hoping to pick up a Wii U in the post-Christmas sales, so that I can get SSB and MK8 and such.

I wonder if they'll actually add many new characters now? We have 3, might get a couple more?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Of course we'll get more...it should be right about time for a new character already actually. :/

Where's my Lil Mac?

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Geno For Smash 4 Miiverse Campaign

(If this is spamming, don't hesitate to take it down)

So, I looked at how fans got Earthbound on the American virtual console by flooding the Japanese miiverse page. And I wondered if the same could be done for a character many (including myself) want in Smash. And that character, is of course, Geno. Of course, the attempt would need to be organized...

Now how this is going to work is I'm going to spread this message around. I encourage you to do the same, you have my permission to copy/paste. Then, on December 26th, we will flood the japanese Smash Bros. community in hopes Nintendo will see and attempt to license the character from Square. So, Pokecommunity, what do you say?

P.S: Remember, Geno's japanese name is <3♪?!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
rosalina_super_smash.png

Roslina and Luma have been confirmed as playable character(s)! Well, I say 'characters' loosely because they are both treated like the Ice Climbers, and you can play as two characters for one.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You can also see the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWhWAUrLqKQ&feature=player_embedded

I thought Sakurai won't be revealing any newcomers until he finishes revealing the returning veterans, but it looks like I was wrong. The fact that we now have 5 Mario reps pretty much kills off Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Geno, and Paper Mario's chances at entering since 5 is the current limit for any of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
How appropriate considering I've been playing A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD lately.

Too bad Zelda is one of the most boring characters to play as. I HATE her moveset.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
How appropriate considering I've been playing A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD lately.

Too bad Zelda is one of the most boring characters to play as. I HATE her moveset.

Her moveset -is- kind of lackluster compared to others, but, I'm not sure - I've been playing her a lot in Brawl recently, and, I think she's okay~

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Her moveset -is- kind of lackluster compared to others, but, I'm not sure - I've been playing her a lot in Brawl recently, and, I think she's okay~

From one of the screens it looks like she's getting at least one more new move in the next game. I hope that happens, I enjoy playing as her in SSBB (even more than Shiek).

Pinta77

I want travis touchdown in the new super smash.Maybe no more heroes isnt the most popular game but... wii fit trainer... cmon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I want travis touchdown in the new super smash.Maybe no more heroes isnt the most popular game but... wii fit trainer... cmon.
No More Heroes is published by Ubisoft, which is a western third-party company. Sakurai isn't going to travel all the way to Europe or the U.S. to get a foreign third-party character, so we're more likely to get a third-party character made in Japan (Pac-Man/Lloyd, Snake/Simon Belmont/Bomber Man, Professor Layton, Dragon Quest protagonist). Also, Wii Fit Trainer is this game's R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch, and she's also from a new IP post-Brawl, which Sakurai wants after complaining about the lack of new Nintendo IPs that would fit well in Smash Bros.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Do you guys think that we could see a Kingdom Hearts character? I think it's possible; Kingdom Hearts has been on the DS and 3DS now.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years

I find that funny because Zelda is my weakness. When anyone uses her, I instantly suck. I just can't counter her moveset well. xD

Do you guys think that we could see a Kingdom Hearts character? I think it's possible; Kingdom Hearts has been on the DS and 3DS now.

I said something like this about that Playstation All-Stars game, like how they didn't include many iconic characters like Sora. In the case of Smash Bros, as much as I would love to see Sora in this game, I don't think it will happen.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I find that funny because Zelda is my weakness. When anyone uses her, I instantly suck. I just can't counter her moveset well. xD
If you're not familiar with zoning style like Snake (who is actually very very good at it) and Zelda then I can see anyone having trouble. Depending on my character, I have trouble too. However, Zelda is absolutely terrible in both Melee and Brawl. It was only until Project M when a friend of mine started using her with her buffed up Din's Fire that I had to play match ups and counter-pick characters that can zone better like Toon Link and Snake. (Not so much Snake in Project M, though.)

And please god no Kingdom Hearts. I don't mind Snake because the MGS universe is so utterly ridiculous and self-aware that he actually fits (nevermind Kojima and Sakurai's friendship), but he's still a bit much. Sora would be pushing it.

Years
I'm not good as any of the female characters so far, though I don't find them particularly difficult to dispatch, either. I main Pikachu and Ness, and I'm starting to get into Jigglypuff.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Let's discuss how the roster is going to be organized this time around. As we've already known, each roster sets the characters by series, whether it's horizontally on the first two games or vertically on the third game. There also appears to be a new row added within each installment (64 started with 2 rows, then 3 in Melee, and 4 in Brawl). The Mario series is always displayed at the beginning at the roster, the Kirby series is always displayed at the heart of the roster, the Pokémon series is always displayed near the end of the roster, and Mr. Game & Watch is always displayed at the last row/column of the roster before the Japan-exclusive IPs/third-parties and the random button (since Brawl). If the roster for SSB4 is 5x9, then it'll be difficult to add more new IP characters in the roster, assuming all the characters from Brawl return, but if it's 6x8, then it'll ruin a pattern of adding one new row in each installment. Remember, the total number of characters must be at least 50 due to Sakurai's comment on balance issues, including transformation characters, so we can't have a 5x10 roster, which will only go over 50. Because of Rosalina's reveal, we've might've lost a spot for Wonder Red or Shulk.

Disney owns part of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, and I imagine them being a bigger pain to negotiate with than Square Enix due to being a juggernaut corporation. Also, including Sora would also mean removing any references to Disney since they never originated from video games.

Back