• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but it seems like you've got a tile error on the top of the house. Other than that I think it's looking pretty neat so far!

Thanks, and I don't know why it's like that. The map itself doesn't show that, it must be lag or something in the game itself.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Not really a fan of orohnpokemon's tiles or Gen 5 ones in general, but it does look pretty nice. It's often hard to pull off wooded starting towns since most of them just have 4 houses out in the open and the only trees surround the town as a whole, but you seem to have done it well. The trees really seem to clash with the grass, though, imo, maybe you could change the palletes so the greens coexist a bit better. Hopefully the crit was half decent and good luck with the game, steve.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Just wanted to show my 3D engine test map here on PokeCommunity. It was made in GameMaker 8.0. It's using a modified version of a Kit I am making in GameMaker to turn it 3D (the Kit is going to be 2D since it's easier for me work with). This 3D engine is going to be used in 2 projects, Pokemon RisingEmerald and Pokemon Cinder and Foam. The current screenshot uses models from Pokemon Cinder and Foam.
pokemon_3d_engine_test_by_daspirit-d5924nc.png

Watch my deviantArt for updates on my Kit and/or the projects I'm helping out with!

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I know it is not pokemon related, but I have been playing around with udk, It is the first map I have actually created.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2023
This is the first concept screenshot of Pokemon Bronze, which will be set in Pok?mon Prism's region, Naljo! Here i'm showing one of Prism's comeback features, sidescrolling areas!
screenshotsidescroll.png

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Lbyh2.jpg

Random Tiles I was working on thrown into game maker.
May make a Short Platformer.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Wow, Ramond, that looks really good, but it seems a little too dark. The player seems to blend into the background and it's really hard to see (or that may be because my computer brightness is the lowest lol). I really like that light source, I see it's those Pokemon from BW. Is there any AA in the light source circle? It looks a little rough.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
When you actually play the game, you will see the player easily :D
And this map is suppose to be dark, actually :D

Btw, those are moving circles I must tell you :D

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Looks very... Minecraft-y. I like the tiles.

How does the terrain generator work? Are you laying down layers of materials? If so, you'll be missing some cool landscape features such as overhangs.

I actually made something similar over a year ago. The way I did it was to use 2D Perlin noise added to a vertical gradient; the values of the noise above a certain threshold were stone, and those below were air. Values in the middle would map to soil, so you get a nice band of soil between your air and rock. Once you have a basic terrain shape, you can decorate it by adding ores to random stone tiles, and grass to soil with air above.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Got bored so made a new menu:
Side notes, background is animated, bar above Pokémon icons is a badge display. Can left click trainer to get info or right click for options. Arrow changes position depending on how close to the edge the Pokémon info box.
capture0121.jpg

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Looks very... Minecraft-y. I like the tiles.

How does the terrain generator work? Are you laying down layers of materials? If so, you'll be missing some cool landscape features such as overhangs.

I actually made something similar over a year ago. The way I did it was to use 2D Perlin noise added to a vertical gradient; the values of the noise above a certain threshold were stone, and those below were air. Values in the middle would map to soil, so you get a nice band of soil between your air and rock. Once you have a basic terrain shape, you can decorate it by adding ores to random stone tiles, and grass to soil with air above.

It's suppose to look minecrafty. It's not gotten far at the moment. I'm still learning but I'll try see if I can get overhangs in.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Video for a project I'm working on with a friend. Not much, but we're just getting started. Plan is to essentially be an Action-Oriented version of the handheld games. With our own innovations too, of course.

^Not working for me, but here's a pic:
scaled.php

Last edited by a moderator:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I know it is not pokemon related, but I have been playing around with udk, It is the first map I have actually created.

If you've really made the map yourself than it looks good, simple but good. Im guessing however you didn't code the gun and GUI yourself? I haven't used UDK in awhile but I know they usually released it with stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back