The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed POKEMON: Dark Rising

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old August 20th, 2012 (1:46 PM). Edited August 20th, 2012 by tajaros.
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
    I'm only saying this bc I spent the past 2 days playing the hack & just entered the cave for the Entei event, so I already know you guys said re start the hack, but do I have to since I didn't get tat far for the new patch?

... can one of you guys tell me if all the events are now working in the updated patch bc I don't want to restart again if they aren't.

Thou thanks for the updated patch.
    Don't download the patch yet I'll be releasing a patch with 100% all evnts working... :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
    I have a small question...why forest dont have proper entrances ? i mean it looks like a gate from fr/lg but there is no building like fr/lg...it is....weird
    Also what's new on the updated patch ? is it worth to start over ? I'm playing beta 1.5
    Furthermore why that station you receive prof oak's parcel is in a cave ?
    About the doors in Twist woodlands, it's because we don't have good tiles yet...

A more greater patch will be released in an hour, and yes it's worth restarting because there's a new area... :)

It's because Mainland cave is a cave that connects you to another Region, but in that Region you can only access the Station... :)

EDIT: Ok, here's the patch with all events working... :)
    Try restarting so you guys can play it properly... :)
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip Pokemon Dark Rising Fixed.zip‎ (1.23 MB, 127 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    Old August 20th, 2012 (4:55 PM).
    pokemon revenge developer

Thanks man gona restart this later & see how far I can get. Thanks for fixing the events. Will let you guys know if anything else is buggy.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
      Old August 20th, 2012 (6:17 PM).

Playing the newest update and so far everything is working perfectly! I am a bit concered about how much harder the game got after the entei event though my pokemon were no match for either pete or dray, so I had to grind for a long time can you add some good grinding spots, so that leveling up to continue the story doesn't take as long? I have a request for a pokemon in Dark rising v2 Golett it was one of my favorite of the new pokemon
        Old August 20th, 2012 (7:45 PM). Edited August 20th, 2012 by DarkRisingGirl.
        Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
          Hey everyone, the patch Tajaros just put out with ALL of the events working is now up on the main post of the thread. Now, I can finally put 80% focus into finishing the second half of this rom & 20% into the 2nd rom. Now that the 2nd rom will have ALOT more OW palletes, I can easily fully customize every sprite in the hack. So with that said, if any OW spriters who are interested in having their work shown in a full-scale hack, please PM me. I'm very interested in new OW sprites for the hero & heroine Oren and Orena. So if anyone has walking/running sprites that you believe look similar to the hero & heroine of this hack, and want them in a hack, PM me. The 2nd rom "Pokemon Dark Rising 2" will be a straight Continuation from where the 1st left off. It's already in early stages of production and the beginning has already been throught out and practice scripted. In the meantime, enjoy the error-free Beta 1! ^.^

@_Nixon1

Golett will be in beta2 before the 6th gym leader inside the Temple Desert. Along with Trapinch and other ground types like Baltoy, sandile, etc.
          Old August 20th, 2012 (11:16 PM). Edited August 21st, 2012 by atie.

Nature: Quiet
            I downloaded it in the night before the new patch came out, I played abit and went to sleep, now I'm here in the morning I wanted to check this thread again and I see a new patch came out so I wanted to save my game to patch but when I did a major bug appeared and I was like looooooooool, What a coinsedence.

I like the starters and the story-line is quite interesting even though I only had made it to the forest :X
            strange that I didn't notice this hack earlier it seems to be a while out there.

EDIT:When I wanted to save I accedentely pressed the trainer card which made it freeze and its still not fixed yet :C

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Gliscor is boss. Period.
            Old August 21st, 2012 (1:13 AM). Edited August 21st, 2012 by Mr. Black.
            Master Of Reality

Nature: Gentle
              It's working fine for me !It also has a proper arceus cry in the titlescreen :D
              Old August 21st, 2012 (1:59 AM). Edited August 21st, 2012 by atie.

a question thats maybe stupid but will Poliwrath have Drizzle or is it really only Politoed only?
                and is the lab to revive fossils in this beta?
                and Physical/Special split?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Gliscor is boss. Period.
                Old August 21st, 2012 (4:21 AM).

I played through a bit of the game, and it's really beyond great. But I'd tone down the difficulty. It took me almost half an hour to beat the first battle. It's tolerable for now, but you should look into making it easier.
                  Old August 21st, 2012 (6:44 AM).
                  Order Must Be Restored

Sorry about the difficulty in the game. I haven't gotten that "balance" yet. I want it to be extremely hard but not impossible. The lab to revieve the new fossils is in the 3rd city. The physical special spilt will be in the 2nd rom not this one. And yes Poliwrath will have drizzle as well. All of the evolutions keep the same ability you caught it with.
                    Old August 21st, 2012 (6:50 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
                      Sorry about the difficulty in the game. I haven't gotten that "balance" yet. I want it to be extremely hard but not impossible. The lab to revieve the new fossils is in the 3rd city. The physical special spilt will be in the 2nd rom not this one. And yes Poliwrath will have drizzle as well. All of the evolutions keep the same ability you caught it with.
                      Have you tried playing the game as you're making it? That's how I keep a perfect balance. There are some parts of DR where you need to grind a lot to be able to beat a trainer. I suggest adding more trainers to cushion the problem.
                      Old August 21st, 2012 (10:19 AM). Edited August 21st, 2012 by atie.

Quote:
                        Great although Im already gonna pick blaziken as my fighting/hybrid I chose Ludicolo as water/grass since his Swift swim is almost always on in this reign it rains alot . The difficulty is low, the reason why is cuz you win tons of cash its way to easy to spam potions and the dragon starters make it even more easy (not that it is bad) but im not that far yet it might be overwhelming overpowered who knows.

Gliscor is boss. Period.
                        Old August 21st, 2012 (1:48 PM).

Reached the end of the beta! I have to say great job. From everything I saw level wise by the end of the beta I''m going to spend the time between now and the next beta grinding my pokemon up a few levels I barely beat Dark Pete. I did find 3 glitches one was at the begining of the ice cave if you try to exit once you enter it will take you to the exit of the mansion. 2nd one was a big pearl in the ice cave somewhere I don't remember where that would come right back after you took it and walked a little bit away. The 3rd glitch I hate to say it cause I loved to abuse it was zen headbutt making pokemon flinch every time it hits
                          Old August 21st, 2012 (1:54 PM).
                          Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by atie View Post
                            I downloaded it in the night before the new patch came out, I played abit and went to sleep, now I'm here in the morning I wanted to check this thread again and I see a new patch came out so I wanted to save my game to patch but when I did a major bug appeared and I was like looooooooool, What a coinsedence.

I like the starters and the story-line is quite interesting even though I only had made it to the forest :X
                            strange that I didn't notice this hack earlier it seems to be a while out there.

EDIT:When I wanted to save I accedentely pressed the trainer card which made it freeze and its still not fixed yet :C
                            You can just use the save state option, sorry I'm still trying to fix it... :)

Quote:
                            It's working fine for me !It also has a proper arceus cry in the titlescreen :D
                            Thanks, I learned to insert Cries so I tried inserting Arceus' cry... :)

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
                            Have you tried playing the game as you're making it? That's how I keep a perfect balance. There are some parts of DR where you need to grind a lot to be able to beat a trainer. I suggest adding more trainers to cushion the problem.
                            Actually she let me BETA Test it that's why all of the events are working and I finished it within maybe 3 days? xD

Yeah, I know what you mean, for me KAYO is the Hardest one to defeat, but since I know all the secrets of the game It's not that hard for me... xD
                            Old August 21st, 2012 (3:19 PM).

another new version?, man, i may sound like annoyed, but, with each fix or new patches, i had to start all over, even thought i had that much progress, but, can you say that this will at least be the last time i have to start over?, and, is worth of?, forgot to add, if the second region of the game is going to be on anohter rom, then, we have to start over with out pokemon team or what?
                              Old August 21st, 2012 (8:13 PM).
                              Order Must Be Restored

You won't have to start over anymore as ALL of the events are working now. You will have your dragon pokemon at its highest evolution at lv30 in the second rom. The player will tell Prof.Ivan he or she only wants their dragon starter transfered over to the 2nd region. There will be A lot of new pokemon in the 2nd and many from the 1st as well.
                                Old August 22nd, 2012 (12:13 AM).
                                Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
                                Quote:
                                It's pretty funny that 50% of fans say it's easy and the other 50% say it's hard... :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                Old August 22nd, 2012 (4:47 AM).
                                Master Of Reality

Quote:
                                  You won't have to start over anymore as ALL of the events are working now. You will have your dragon pokemon at its highest evolution at lv30 in the second rom. The player will tell Prof.Ivan he or she only wants their dragon starter transfered over to the 2nd region. There will be A lot of new pokemon in the 2nd and many from the 1st as well.
                                  I guess the second rom is your second hack right? Also by saying new pokemon you mean from genV ?
                                  Old August 22nd, 2012 (5:53 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It's pretty funny that 50% of fans say it's easy and the other 50% say it's hard... :D
                                    The game's not really hard. The levels for the evil team higher ups tend to escalate randomly in the game, which ends up turning grinding into a must. I mean, around getting to the 4th gym, most of my mons were around the late 40s and early 50s, especially since I grinded. The 4th gym leader has his party around the low-mid 50s, but the last member of the evil team you face has their party around the low 60s. So yeah, the level spikes are far too extreme. Another thing is that very few new trainers were inserted to compensate for this problem. To tell the truth, the problem is not the level spikes, but there are far too few trainer battles between the gym matches.
                                    Old August 22nd, 2012 (6:48 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2012 by MrGameNerd1998.

Let me just say that I love this hack so far:D. But whenever I enter the Atlantic Cave from the Atlantic City side, the script where you battle Brock again repeats. I wasn't going to complain because of the free XP, but it crashed my emulator!:'(
                                      Old August 22nd, 2012 (6:54 AM).

Quote:
                                        The game's not really hard. The levels for the evil team higher ups tend to escalate randomly in the game, which ends up turning grinding into a must. I mean, around getting to the 4th gym, most of my mons were around the late 40s and early 50s, especially since I grinded. The 4th gym leader has his party around the low-mid 50s, but the last member of the evil team you face has their party around the low 60s. So yeah, the level spikes are far too extreme. Another thing is that very few new trainers were inserted to compensate for this problem. To tell the truth, the problem is not the level spikes, but there are far too few trainer battles between the gym matches.
                                        you can always use exp. share if you want more battles but its annoying to re battle over and over again, its not hard, Garchomp 3x sword dance and earthquake spam that **** and you win 70% of all battles with 1 pokemon but it's so boring (almost fustrating) battling with 1 Pokemon and seeing your others be so low is weird :S

especially if your team is awesome as mine :D

Gliscor is boss. Period.
                                        Old August 22nd, 2012 (7:41 AM).
                                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                        Memento Mori

Quote:
                                        Of course, it's not hard. I belong to 50% that say it's fairly easy ;)

Old August 22nd, 2012 (5:54 PM).
                                        DarkRisingGirl DarkRisingGirl is offline
                                        Order Must Be Restored

Hey everyone, An update will be posted tommorrow or Friday. This update will feature the map of the next city NUMASSITY CITY. As promised, I've done the map & if people still feel I am not good enough for the maps in this hack, I will pass the job on to someone else. I have put alot of time into building the map for this city, and I will put in just as much effort as I did with this map, to the remaining maps of this hack if I am still the mapper after this week. I'm glad there are no more errors with the main events of the 1st beta and I have fix that 1 warp exiting frozen dungeon to the exit of Amaris's Mansion.
                                          Old August 23rd, 2012 (12:31 AM).
                                          Master Of Reality

cool ! we'll have an update ! But as for the mapping i'm ok with it your mapping style isn't bad.
                                            Old August 23rd, 2012 (1:18 AM).
                                            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                            Memento Mori

Quote:
                                            cool ! we'll have an update ! But as for the mapping i'm ok with it your mapping style isn't bad.
                                            If mapping style is too similar to the original games, it's not good style, even you must admit that.

Old August 23rd, 2012 (2:48 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2012 by RedFan.
                                            Master Trainer

This hack looks nice, I'd like to apply as a mapper if you need one. :D

Proof of work:
                                              Spoiler:

IF you like it PM/VM me :)

Quick Reply