• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Yes, of course there will be gyms.

And this is a little mapping update, made my me:

Just a random route I made for Region 2, still need some improvement. And yes, I can't use the shaded tree tiles lol

Years
It looks great Azura, but there is one thing. Near the bottom of the map, there is a ledge that is directly behind a tree. You might want to fix that.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Ok, forget what I told about vacations.

It's time for a cool tiny thing update, but something that really makes the difference...
Some of you may have seen the last preview and thought it was ok, but missing something.

Well, it isn't anymore, since I've just put animations for the moves:
ncbs1hy4.png

ncbs2rw0.png

ncbs3qt6.png

ncbs4dv9.png

Hope you guys like this, and be prepared for new improvements soon ^^

~Azura.

Last edited:

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
umm... Maybe someone explained this and i just didn't see it but... Why do the last 2 screenies show Feraligator but say Typhlosion? Srry if i just asked somthin that's been answered.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Look's like Azura used the wrong pokemon sprite. But it looks great so far, can't wait to see it in action.. a video maybe?

Overclocked

Paired with......Myself
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2007
You might want to fix ember being super-effective against normal.
Anyway good luck with this game, it's getting better by the day.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
You might want to fix ember being super-effective against normal.
Anyway good luck with this game, it's getting better by the day.

A super effective hit happens when the damage is 80% or more of enemy's HP. A Lv 99 Typhlosion against a Lv 41 Blissey... now tell me if it isn't supposed to be super effective =]

DeM0nFiRe said:
umm... Maybe someone explained this and i just didn't see it but... Why do the last 2 screenies show Feraligator but say Typhlosion? Srry if i just asked somthin that's been answered.

>.>
I knew something was wrong lol. I was sleepy...

rm2k3kid said:
Look's like Azura used the wrong pokemon sprite. But it looks great so far, can't wait to see it in action.. a video maybe?

I can't make videos... Heart can... But will do as soon as I find her again.

Talking about videos, could you send me some of those videos you recorded for me? I need to put the animations in order. Thanks

~Azura.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Hey azura, actually in the real games super effectve is independent of damage. Super effective has to do with strengths and weaknesses so a lv 8 squirtle's bubble would be super effective on a lv 78 charizard but it would only do like 1 dmg. so overclocked was actually right. you might wanna fix that(unless u were trying to change that)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Hmm, I'll have to read the in-depth guide again. (again...)

Edit: ok, I think I invented that part of 80% lol... but isn't it weird that.. like... 5 damage is super effective?

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Keep is saying Super Effective. It does make sense. And since it is your game and not Nintendo's game, you can do what you want with it lol.

Oh and nice screenshots. I'm guessing you fixed the sprite in the screenshots cause there is nothing wrong with it now lol.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Battle system looks great, I envy you XD

As a rule, Fighting type moves are meant to be SUPER EFFECTIVE against Dark types like Umbreon. I would try to keep the mechanics as close to the official games as possible to be honest, but it is your choice.

Great job on some of your mapping too, very lush and detailed. Tis what I like to see ;)

Keep it up :D

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Battle system looks great, I envy you XD

As a rule, Fighting type moves are meant to be SUPER EFFECTIVE against Dark types like Umbreon. I would try to keep the mechanics as close to the official games as possible to be honest, but it is your choice.

Great job on some of your mapping too, very lush and detailed. Tis what I like to see ;)

Keep it up :D

Thanks for the comment. The game mechanics are as close as the official ones. I just suggested that it's weird.

Oh and nice screenshots. I'm guessing you fixed the sprite in the screenshots cause there is nothing wrong with it now lol.

Yeah, I fixed... you know... I have all the first 251 pokémons in the database. 250 had the right sprites. Only 1 was wrong. I randomly chose to put it. Lucky, huh?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
The evil team is... won't say, because I don't want to simpy give the story away. You'll have to wait for the demo to check this out.

And yes, of course I'm using FRLG tiles. There are tons of screenshots and videos of the game, and they all have FRLG tiles. However, there are some custom tiles adopted from DP, like side stairs, and more. If you could make more... let's say... elaborated questions, it would be great.

Updates:

Mapping, mapping and mapping! I'm on a row for mapping. Having some ideas for mini quests that you'll have to do along the game. Some of them you'll sorta have to guess, like if you find and battle all bugcatchers, you'll get something (no, that's not a quest, just for example)

Like I said, just some random ideas, that weren't even discussed with ~Heart yet (as she is working hard this week too), but will be as soon as she's back in business.

Sorry for no screenshots, but my back hurts badly and I need to sleep...

~Azura.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
lol, go to sleep, it helps regenerate your thoughts for the next day ^^ I love everything so far! and I love the starter town!! Good luck, and I like your screenshots ;)

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Nice project. Good idea working together as opposed to independence. The only problem I've ever had in creating a Pokemon game is probably the most common when using RM2K3/XP. The battle system. Yours at least appears to be fairly far along. If you get over that hump, I don't see why you'd have any trouble finishing this game.

That's also a big step having all of those Pokemon in the database. That can be a very stressful task when having to repeat the same basic function over and over. Congratulations.

I already can hint at your storyline by the title of your game. Though nothing specific, I just have images in mind from hearing "Metropolis".

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Thanks for that comment... I was really losing my hopes of Metro getting good critics like those (instead, of silly questions).

Working on a game is, indeed, stressful. I confess that inserting the Pokemons in the database is the most boring work ever, but when you see it done... its just awesome.

Trying to guess the storyline, eh? Hmm... if you want to give it a shot, do it. Maybe something you say is correct, and if not, we could steal the idea from you and use later. Err... ignore the last part heheh

~Azura.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Yes, well I don't have much to guess as far as storyline goes, though metropolis makes me think of a city that is kind of covered in ruins and perhaps sinking into the ocean or something. Abandoned area that once had great technology. Some might consider something like this to be Atlantis, except the Metropolis I see is still very much visible above land.

I really have no clue but you said to throw out what I was thinking so there it is.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Trying to guess the storyline, eh? Hmm... if you want to give it a shot, do it. Maybe something you say is correct, and if not, we could steal the idea from you and use later. Err... ignore the last part heheh

~Azura.

lol, nice azura. If u want I can help with the storyline, I always have Ideas floating in my head. Just say the word and ill snatch one for ya. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back