• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icy's Custom Cards

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Highly inspired by the old Zeo jumbos, here's My Neighbor Snorlax (based on Hayao Miyazaki's animated film, My Neighbor Totoro)!

my_neighbor_snorlax___fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7x24sp.png

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Printed some more cards.
Spoiler:

I hate to say it, but I probably won't be faking anymore for a while. I'm wanting to take a break from Pokémon fan art and focus on my own characters. However, if I draw any that I think could be used on cards, I may still do that (Pokémon cards for Fakemon and Trainer cards for humanoid OCs).

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Even more printable jumbo cards, including a never-before-seen Celebi card!

Click the thumbnail of the card you want to print, then click the download button on the right side of the resulting deviantART page. When printed at full resolution, they should measure about 7.6 x 10.6 inches.

celebi_fake_card__printed_jumbo__by_karite_kita_neko-d7ysrk6.jpg

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to post these guys. They're also printable jumbos.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Played around with my Neo blanks to make a new template. As a test run, here's a card featuring one of my Fakemon...

shining_mizavie_fakemon_card__custom_template__by_karite_kita_neko-d80dd2k.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2014
Nice cards you made,I will probably make some

LOL how this got alot of comments

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Nice cards you made,I will probably make some

LOL how this got alot of comments

Where do you make these cards at?

Thanks! It'd be great to get more people here into card faking.

I don't use a website to make my cards. I use Photoshop for most of mine (though GIMP is a free alternative if you don't have Photoshop). I've made most of my recent resources myself, but you can find those and a lot more here: http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Made a remake (sort of) of my older Alex's Codec & Toi card. It's no longer a trainer's Pokémon and I changed the name, added flavour text, and slightly revamped the artwork (removed the texture and outlines to give it a slight 3D look). It's available as a printable jumbo, so feel free to download it here.

printable__lovey_dovey_porygon__jumbo_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d81qjdo.png

And I printed it as the largest card I've ever made, measuring a whopping two feet tall! (Note: The printable jumbo linked above isn't this big.)

custom__lovey_dovey_porygon___giant_printed_jumbo__by_karite_kita_neko-d82qpel.png

Now I need to laminate it or find a frame to keep my cats from destroying it. =w=

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Is there anyway I could just print these at walmart?
I mean, they probaly put it on a good quality print setting, and you can just save the resolution as it is in the file.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Is there anyway I could just print these at walmart?
I mean, they probaly put it on a good quality print setting, and you can just save the resolution as it is in the file.

Legally, no. Walmart has rules against printing copy-written material, which would include custom Pokémon cards. My sister used to work in their photo department. Also, it's illegal for anyone to make money from fake/custom cards (since Walmart gets paid for printing photos, it would be a violation of the law). Some people/businesses don't care and will charge for them, but your safest bet is to print them yourself.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Legally, no. Walmart has rules against printing copy-written material, which would include custom Pokémon cards. My sister used to work in their photo department. Also, it's illegal for anyone to make money from fake/custom cards (since Walmart gets paid for printing photos, it would be a violation of the law). Some people/businesses don't care and will charge for them, but your safest bet is to print them yourself.

Darn...
Well maybe I can print pieces of the card that take the most ink, and then print the other part at home >:)

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: I haven't made any fake cards in forever! @_@

Welp, hopefully I'll be getting back into faking soon. I'm planning to work on a new set, but I'm not really up do doing the illustrations yet. In the meantime, here's a new card with some rather simple but usable artwork.

crystal_onix__fake_card__by_icycatelf_d8nvwik-375w-2x.jpg

Not as cool as Purity's old Crystal Onix, but I've been wanting to make my own for a long time and someone just recently reminded me of it. I made two versions, a Fighting-type and a Water-type. The art pops more on the Fighting blank, but I think I prefer the overall feel of the Water-type version.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Got some holographic paper (that I can print directly onto) and tested it with my Crystal Onix card.

crystal_onix_fake_card__printed__by_karite_kita_neko-d8pttf6.png

EDIT: Here's one with a new back I designed for customs.

R9AssYql.jpg

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Okay, this one is MUCH better and far more realistic than my past few cards. I hope you like it!

japanese_shining_dunsparce__fake_card__by_icycatelf-d907vz9.png

Shining Dunsparce Lv.25 HP40 - You can't have more than 1 Shining Dunsparce in your deck.

Land Snake Pokémon. HT: 1.5 meters WT: 14 kilograms

(G)(L) Bumble 10x
Flip a coin for each damage counter on this Pokémon. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.
If this Pokémon is Confused, put 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon for each tails.

When spotted, this Pokémon escapes backward by furiously boring into the ground with its tail.

Weakness (F) Resistance (P) Retreat Cost (C)

That left border of the Ability box on the alternate version kinda feels like something you'd only be able to get away with in the digital form of the card.

Are you talking about the Stage bar? I agree, since having a solid border color makes it easier to cut cards. I think the design around the name would be far trickier to cut around, though. Of course, I'm sure that Cascade doesn't intend for cards with these blanks to be printed.

Years
That attack has an interesting effect. Not realistic for balance reasons, but still interesting.

Are you talking about the Stage bar? I agree, since having a solid border color makes it easier to cut cards. I think the design around the name would be far trickier to cut around, though. Of course, I'm sure that Cascade doesn't intend for cards with these blanks to be printed.

I was more talking about that pink thing below the Stage bar. Though the Stage bar and name bar are bothering me now that you've pointed them out.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
That attack has an interesting effect. Not realistic for balance reasons, but still interesting.

I was more talking about that pink thing below the Stage bar. Though the Stage bar and name bar are bothering me now that you've pointed them out.

Admittedly, the effect was just something I quickly thought up. I wasn't going to require Confusuion for the tails damage at first, but I thought it would be a little too overpowered. Since "Bumble" means "to act in a Confused manner," I decided to implement Confusion into the effect. I was going to make the attack Confuse Shining Dunsparce, but then I thought it would be too underpowered. In the end, this is the effect I settled on. I thought it balanced out well enough, but you're more knowledgeable on that subject.

Why wouldn't the pink part work in print?

Years
Admittedly, the effect was just something I quickly thought up. I wasn't going to require Confusuion for the tails damage at first, but I thought it would be a little too overpowered. Since "Bumble" means "to act in a Confused manner," I decided to implement Confusion into the effect. I was going to make the attack Confuse Shining Dunsparce, but then I thought it would be too underpowered. In the end, this is the effect I settled on. I thought it balanced out well enough, but you're more knowledgeable on that subject.

Why wouldn't the pink part work in print?

The pink would work, but the left border (as in, the portion of the border that's kind of not there) between the pink and the normal card background just is something I think wouldn't work in print.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Birthday gift for Cascade! A day late, but w/e.

happy_birthday__cascade__by_icycatelf-d910x5f.png

Translation:
Spoiler:

Porygon.Gamma concept by cscdgnpry.

Fun fact: This is the first time I've used Pokémon Art Academy's free-paint mode.

Back