• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
Oh my god, so much win. I definitely want to see Wreck-it Ralph even more now. I was wanting to see it as soon as they said Dr. Eggman was going to be in it, and this is even better! On the topic of the animated series I loved AOSTH more than Satam, but I was never a Satam fan. :\ Sonic X was pretty cool, but I think I'll watch the japanese dub this time around.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Welcome Sector Revenge to the Club!

Well if the fans can do it, Sega can certainly do it too!

Sorry I couldn't type that with a straight face.

So anyway, talking about AOSTH reminded me of all the forms of animation Sonic has been in. The stupid cartoony-ish Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, his overrated adventures with the freedom fighters, his quest to find his mom with his fan character siblings, or the for some reason liked Sonic X show.

I've only seen some of the episodes of AOSTH, but every episode is pretty much the whole show. Its stupid and silly, and I'd personally stick with Animaniacs for the random slapstick cartoon of the 90's.

Sonic SATAM is AS OVERRATED AS...

Generation 3.

So...yea...

Also I don't get why so many people like Sonic X so much. I watched the whole thing. I don't think it was bad, I just don't find it as great as most people say it is. What was the point of transporting them to the human world? Why not keep it in their own dimension? I like how it did integrate lots of the game characters like The Chaotix and Shadow, and even making adaptations of Sa1 and Sa2. But I just find it a little unentertaining at points AND THE ENGLISH DUB HORRENDOUS.

AKA you're the Sega of Japan fan. Perfectly fine with that. I really dislike Underground though. Every thing besides the the theme song I don't like about it. :P

And duh....it's 4Kids dubbing. At least Mike (Eggman's voice actor, as for some reason this site is censoring out his last name :P) is the only redeeming thing out of Sonic X.

Username: Sector Revenge Maybe one of these days I can find Sonic in Pokemon Emerald, ya dig?

Favorite Sonic Character(s): Well let's see here. Shadow is just badass. Silver is amazing, I have a strange liking to him, since many prefer Shadow as it appears, I go with Silver. lol But I like Blaze, Amy, Jet, Knuckles, basically everyone in terms of likeliness but I'd have to go with Silver

Clever...and welcome to the club. ;)

Oh my god, so much win. I definitely want to see Wreck-it Ralph even more now. I was wanting to see it as soon as they said Dr. Eggman was going to be in it, and this is even better! On the topic of the animated series I loved AOSTH more than Satam, but I was never a Satam fan. :\ Sonic X was pretty cool, but I think I'll watch the japanese dub this time around.

In the case of Wreck-It-Ralph..... http://www.radiosega.net/news/sega/2012/07/sega-adds-wreck-it-ralph-to-all-stars-racing-transformed/

He's in All-Stars Racing Transformed. Now before the hate comes rolling in, this is a clever marking deal between SEGA and Disney and makes a hell of a lot more sense. Ralph is a 'videogame' character, and in the movie he 'jumps' into different games. So he 'jumps' into this one and races with them. I don't care if some see this as "oh SEGA doesn't care about their history'...

One, it's Sumo Digital creating this game, not Sega. Second they have a quite the budget to make this game better this time around. Plus the full number of racers hasn't been announced yet...so yeah.

Oh...now I see Sky Rail, Windy Valley, and other modded stages in Generations PC, along with physics changes...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 4, 2020
I like the idea of adding Wreck it Ralph to All-Stars Transformed or whatever it's called. It just shows that they're willing to cooperate with other people, which they didn't used to do. But I was gonna get it either way though, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
That's some pretty clever cross promotion, I'm honestly surprised I haven't even thought about the possibilities. Hyped officially for both the game and the movie now.

Certainly better than another port of Sonic Adventure 2, a game that hasn't aged well.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
That's some pretty clever cross promotion, I'm honestly surprised I haven't even thought about the possibilities. Hyped officially for both the game and the movie now.

Certainly better than another port of Sonic Adventure 2, a game that hasn't aged well.

Agreed. And SA2 hasn't aged as badly as SA1 that's for sure. Definitely getting Transformed.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Yeah! I'm gonna get it too! And then I can play with all my favourite Sega characters like Danica Patrick and its gonna be-waitwhat?

Starway

Artist and Gamer
Years

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
So...how about that Sonic fan Remix? You know, that game Yuji Naka said was better than Sonic 4...

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Well...it plays better than Sonic 4, thats for sure! Seriously Sega *Maor whinig aboot the pyshicsa nd how fanz can meak better 2d gaymz*

Uhh...so how about that game Blue Spheres Forever?

Its a beautiful recreation of the Blue Spheres special stage, and in my opinion, the only bearable special stages in Sonic history. It contains all 128 MILLION special stages (All from each individual Sega Genesis game and Sonic 1 itself + Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and best of all, a level creator.

http://www.bluespheresforever.com/

Seriously this looks awesome, and knowing that in the possible Sonic 4 episode 3, Dimps is gonna rehash Blue Spheres. And its gonna be the only rehash some people wanted...

...or how about they make something original...

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Well...it plays better than Sonic 4, thats for sure! Seriously Sega *Maor whinig aboot the pyshicsa nd how fanz can meak better 2d gaymz*

Right about that! SEGA did notice how much attention that game was getting too. XD

Uhh...so how about that game Blue Spheres Forever?

Its a beautiful recreation of the Blue Spheres special stage, and in my opinion, the only bearable special stages in Sonic history. It contains all 128 MILLION special stages (All from each individual Sega Genesis game and Sonic 1 itself + Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and best of all, a level creator.

http://www.bluespheresforever.com/

Seriously this looks awesome, and knowing that in the possible Sonic 4 episode 3, Dimps is gonna rehash Blue Spheres. And its gonna be the only rehash some people wanted...

...or how about they make something original...

SEGA (Sonic Team rather) hasn't made an original Special Stage in years. That's No Good.

Blue Spheres Forever, man that game is gorgeous.

Hey, hear about the Sonic Amateur Games Expo AKA SAGE? Where the best Sonic hacks and fan-games converge in one place? Wanna see see some new and possibly good 2D Sonic games? That's the place.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I heard of it when I was kinda obsessed with Sonic fangames. My ambition to create my own is still strong!

In fact, I have the perfect place to start...

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
I heard of it when I was kinda obsessed with Sonic fangames. My ambition to create my own is still strong!

In fact, I have the perfect place to start...
Only sonic game you'll ever be happy with.
I also tried testing you stament about Sally Acorn in the cartoon...
and It doesn't hold up at all....
You must have missed quite a few episodes to come to those conclusions

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Because apparently if you like a game but hate most of the games in that same franchise, pointing out a flaw with that one game you like still equates to hating everything but the first few games in the series. I have no idea where I was going with that.

Okay, I admit. I was wrong about Sally. She does go to Robotropolis lots of times. But I still find her really annoying, and she always whines about her father.

But everything else I said is true, like it or not. Robotnik just infuriates me because of how bad he is...

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Only sonic game you'll ever be happy with.
I also tried testing you stament about Sally Acorn in the cartoon...
and It doesn't hold up at all....
You must have missed quite a few episodes to come to those conclusions

Is this about Sally in the cartoon? I thought this was about the comic Sally. XD

Because apparently if you like a game but hate most of the games in that same franchise, pointing out a flaw with that one game you like still equates to hating everything but the first few games in the series. I have no idea where I was going with that.

Your counterargument made me laugh a bit. I never really heard you say one negative thing about the Mega Drive/Genesis games.

Okay, I admit. I was wrong about Sally. She does go to Robotropolis lots of times. But I still find her really annoying, and she always whines about her father.

But everything else I said is true, like it or not. Robotnik just infuriates me because of how bad he is...

I find Underground's Robotnik to be the worst out of the animated fat scientists. I have some likability to SatAM's Robotnik.

And what about the fifth Sonic animation, Sonic the Movie/Sonic OVA?

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Your counterargument made me laugh a bit. I never really heard you say one negative thing about the Mega Drive/Genesis games.

Well, all major issues that I had with Sonic 1/2 are resolved with the use of Emulators and Save States. And the only problem I have with S3&K is that some of the levels like Marble Garden and Sanopolis kinda drag.

I find Underground's Robotnik to be the worst out of the animated fat scientists. I have some likability to SatAM's Robotnik

I haven't seen Underground in quite a while, but I do recall him actually taking some action. I also recall him feeping the Rich people alive to get money off of and Robotosizing the poor. Pretty smart thing if you ask me...

And what about the fifth Sonic animation, Sonic the Movie/Sonic OVA?

The Sonic movie is what SATAM and AOSTH should have been. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman look exactly like how they did in the games. Sonic had 3 x 3 sets of spines instead of his old crappy US spines...seriously they look awful.

Anyway, I also think the english voices are good. Tails can get annoying at times, but frankly Tails has had only 1 good voice actor in his history...all the other times he has sounded like a 2 year old boy or a girl. The movie's plot was also good. NO pointless crap, just good Sonic vs Eggman. Its weird that they didn't include Amy though...

They should just make a show based on this movie...

...or better yet the japanese continuity...

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Um...can I join?
Username: Darkpokeball
Favorite Sonic Character: Blaze The Cat.
*cough* d *cough
(Read the bolded letters, from the order that they were written, left -> right)
Spoiler:

Favorite Sonic Game:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
Love this one, because of the chao garden and the awesome Sonic/Shadow/Tails/Eggman stages. I hate Knuckles and Rouge levels...(Mad Space in particular)

-or-
Sonic Colors DS:
I loved this one! Good levels, great gameplay! The only DS game where I've gotten all Chaos Emeralds.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
>_>

<_<

I think Chaos Garden sucks. I think its a boring waste of time that Sega rightfully axed. And the only reason to do it is because of the Green Hill level.

That is all.

Back