• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modular Title Screen

PsyShockker

Maybe you should try re-downloading the resources. I got the audio for all 6 styles.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Update!

How many of you saw this coming? I've updated the Main Script and the Resource Pack to add a brand new style to the collection of Title Screens. The gimmick for this one is that if you have the Easy Mouse system installed in your games, you can make the whole screen dance around to your mouse. The various elements are layered and track the mouse at different "stretches", so you get that parallaxing effect. If you don't have the mouse in your system, the TS will just calculate a circular trajectory and follow that path.

P.S. Sorry for the crap quality audio in the video, when exporting to YouTube under default settings, the video gets all messed up. The included .ogg file for the track is HQ though. So no worries. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, it is the Title Theme from the Pokemon Origins anime.
Spoiler:

EDIT: Added the "Press Start" text to the screen, which I initially forgot

FR/LG intro also applies to the Gen 1 styled Title Screen.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Just a brief post to let you guys know that I've updated the Script with several new configuration constants. This is nothing significant, but it does give you easy access to previously "hidden" configuration options.

Years
Ok, this might sound really dumb..
But where do I paste the script into? :p

1.) Open RPG Maker, and your project
2.) Press F11, this will open up a window called the script editor.
3.) On the left side, you should see a list of what sound like subroutines. Scroll down to the bottom to find "Main"
4.) Right-click that one and click "Insert"
5.) Name the newly-created section whatever you want, probably something like "Title Screen Resource"
6.) Now, on the right side of the window, paste your script.

Sorry if I sound patronizing by including steps like "open RPG Maker". I just don't know how much you already knew about editing scripts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
I'm getting the error

Script 'BitmapCache' line 393: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Titles/gen6_bg

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Well...
It obviously tells you why it doesnt work.
If you dont insert the graphics it wont work.....

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Alright, so I've been trying to figure put how be able to have an event call a specified intro sequence, and just play the actual sequence without going to the loading screen. But so far it has involved passing self-references and adding a Boolean parameter to each of the Intro Scene methods, which has only caused more confusion and exceptions to pop up, since once I cancel the intro scene, it appears to keep updating, crashing my game w/ a null pointer.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to just use the into animation, or point me to some documentation for how the scene/screen interactions work?

-Thanks-

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2019
Hey Luka! What's up? I'm always working on my Pokemon game: Rayquaza's Rage, and I get slow fps when I load up my game.exe. For instance, I have it set to Screenstyle = 6 and the Kalos animated title screen is running at slow fps. A while before, I had segmented a gif into frames and messed with the main script to display the images before the splash. I changed it back to default. Is there something I did wrong? Please help it's greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2016
NameError occured (Line 60)
uninitialized constant PBSpecies?

Anyone else have this error?

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
This script is really excellent! It's been very helpful in making smoother moving images, thank you Luka!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 28, 2017
Sorry but I have a problem when i start the game it says this

"????? '(Name of the Script)' ? 23 ??? Name Error ???????
uninitialized constant PBSpecies"

maybe it's completly easy and dumb but, I don't know what to do...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
PLEASE, help me, i'm from Brazil, my english is not the best... I copied the file Title to Pokemon Essentials>Graphics>Titles, and the file Audio>BGM to Pokemon Essentials>Graphics>Audio>BGM, but all the time i start the game, the game is crash. Because have this error??

Years
PLEASE, help me, i'm from Brazil, my english is not the best... I copied the file Title to Pokemon Essentials>Graphics>Titles, and the file Audio>BGM to Pokemon Essentials>Graphics>Audio>BGM, but all the time i start the game, the game is crash. Because have this error??

You don't have to have perfect English to post the error you get. It's pretty hard to help you otherwise, we don't know what's wrong.
However, there's no reason you should have an Audio folder in Graphics, I think you misread the instructions.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
You don't have to have perfect English to post the error you get. It's pretty hard to help you otherwise, we don't know what's wrong.
However, there's no reason you should have an Audio folder in Graphics, I think you misread the instructions.

Well, in your script, it comes with this setting:

# Config value for Selecting title screen style
SCREENSTYLE = 6
# 0 - The custom-styled screen (dynamically moves with the mouse [if present])
# 1 - FR / LG
# 2 - HG / SS
# 3 - R / S / E
# 4 - D / E / E
# 5 - B / W
# 6 - X / Y <- Definitely the best one

When I go to play, the following message appears:
RPG XP stops working (The same thing happened a time with Essentials V15, when trying to capture the Pokémon was the same error)

But if I change the value of SCREENSTYLE = 6 for SCREENSTYPE = 4 the game works normally ...

GAME DOES NOT WORK:
SCREENSTYLE = 6
# 1 - FR / LG
# 2 - HG / SS
# 3 - R / S / E
# 4 - D / E / E
# 5 - B / W

RUNNING GAME:
SCREENSTYLE = 4
# 1 - FR / LG
# 2 - HG / SS
# 3 - R / S / E
# 4 - D / E / E
# 5 - B / W

I want you to help me, causing the SCREENSTYLE = 6 works without giving any error. Already grateful! :) -_- ^^

#############################################################

And I wanted to ask you something else ... Anyone can create a script where the character flies? Example: You create an item ... When used aprece the following message: Do you want to fly? (Yes No)

If the character you click yes, the tileset, charset will change the character and will to another layer WHERE HE find other NPC's flying ... This causes the character to increase the speed ... And if the character GO Initial LAYER he will fly around the map, or fly over items NPC's ...

I appreciate if they create such a script. In fact everyone will love, because this script is something fascinating, amazing ... From now! Grateful! {XD}:)♥^^

Last edited:
Years
Well, in your script, it comes with this setting:

SCREENSTYLE = 6
# 1 - FR / LG
# 2 - HG / SS
# 3 - R / S / E
# 4 - D / E / E
# 5 - B / W

When I go to play, the following message appears:
RPG XP stops working (The same thing happened a time with Essentials V15, when trying to capture the Pokémon was the same error)

But if I change the value of SCREENSTYLE = 6 for SCREENSTYPE = 4 the game works normally ...

GAME DOES NOT WORK:
SCREENSTYLE = 6
# 1 - FR / LG
# 2 - HG / SS
# 3 - R / S / E
# 4 - D / E / E
# 5 - B / W

RUNNING GAME:
SCREENSTYLE = 4
# 1 - FR / LG
# 2 - HG / SS
# 3 - R / S / E
# 4 - D / E / E
# 5 - B / W

I want you to help me, causing the SCREENSTYLE = 6 works without giving any error. Already grateful! :) -_- ^^

#############################################################

And I wanted to ask you something else ... Anyone can create a script where the character flies? Example: You create an item ... When used aprece the following message: Do you want to fly? (Yes No)

If the character you click yes, the tileset, charset will change the character and will to another layer WHERE HE find other NPC's flying ... This causes the character to increase the speed ... And if the character GO Initial LAYER he will fly around the map, or fly over items NPC's ...

I appreciate if they create such a script. In fact everyone will love, because this script is something fascinating, amazing ... From now! Grateful! {XD}:)♥^^

1. I'm not the author of this script
2. You still didn't post the actual error you're getting
3. Don't request unrelated scripts in Scripts & Tutorials

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
1. I'm not the author of this script
2. You still didn't post the actual error you're getting
3. Don't request unrelated scripts in Scripts & Tutorials

Let's try again ... just when i put the "SCREENSTYLE = 6" and start the game aprece this error:
RPG MAKER STOPPED RUNNING
When I change the SCREENSTYLE = 6 for SCREENSTYLE = 4 PLAY NORMALLY wheel ...

NOTE: SCREENSTYLE = 6 <- Game does not run
          SCREENSTYLE = 4 <- Wheel Game
           ERROR: RPG STOPPED FUNCINNAR.

Well I can only report it. Sorry, grateful!

Back