• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are the most important things to make a blog successful in your opinion?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Thinking about making my own during this year so I'm curious to about various opinions. Also if you have an experience with blogging, sharing with it will be much appreciated. Thanks!

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
- First, define your purpose why you want to blog (to make money someday? hobby?).
- Second, what platform to use? Blogger.com works best for starters
- Third, the content of your blog. Choose one topic that interests you but don't jump from one topic to another (Ex 1. from gaming to music, to health, etc..) (ex 2. Pokemon to Minecraft, to GTA to etc..).

Hope this helps. If you have questions I'm happy to answer them.

Years
To add on to the above, I believe a major point is to be consistent. This seems like rather common sense (it is), but you'd be surprised how much of a time sink blogging is. It's something you want to be prepared to be doing for the long haul and to dedicate some degree of time for.

So for example, if you're the type of person to update your blog only on weekends with (x subject matter here), be consistent with it so your audience knows what to expect. Be transparent with any changes in schedule so you won't risk losing any potential viewers if suddenly you have more free time on a weekday.

-Izuna-

Banned
Years
Thinking about making my own during this year so I'm curious to about various opinions. Also if you have an experience with blogging, sharing with it will be much appreciated. Thanks!

It depends on what of blog you want to make. I mean its main topic, commercial or non-commercial type because according to this you'll need various tools for your site. Anyway for both of them the most important things will unique domain name, content and design :)
There are many special resources for hosting and web building, for example, in case of commercial site I can recommend Weebly and Bluehost for using, they're rather good and cheap, you'll need to pay smth like no more $12 per month for using them. And for non-commercial projects, especially if you're a total newbie in web building, WordPress will be your best friend. It's a free platform and is very convinient and simple even for beginners so you can make your blog with your own hands, there are so many nice tutorials about using WordPress.
Nice and well-functioning design is a very important thing too. Making it totally from scratch isn't a good idea for newbies because it's rather complicated and you'll need to employ someone for this which won't cost cheap. For non-commercial sites web builders usually recommend to use web templates, they provide you ready models for site which you can just simply modify according to your tastes. Wordpress styles https://www.templatemonster.com/wordpress-themes.php are the most popular in this case but there also many templates for other platforms too. They aren't expensive and can be free too but the second ones often have limits for design and some other functions so you should check them before using.
And the last important part is advertising, especially for commercial sites. For making you blog popular you'll need to have a cool attractive logo, also use SEO and SMM tools for attracting your possible readers. These tools are the main ones in case of online advertising but of course you can use more of them. And yeah, these things are a rather expensive thing too.
Hope that was helpful!

Back