• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skylar's Goals

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
IMG_7682-2g9ptdb.gif
I have a few goals I want to do this year, or resolutions or..whatever you want to call them. Uhm. I'm not too good at making these and I'm not sure how this works, I've never made a resolution thread for myself for the new year. These goals may or may not work out, and I'll probably add more eventually. All I ask is for your support <3
My Goals:
-Find happiness
-Make new friends
-Get a job OR go to college
-Get stable mental health (that might be worded weirdly I apologize)
-get back into writing

All I need is your support and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Uhm..I'm bad at doing these..sorry.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Really great goals! As far as deciding between work and school, go to school, this day and age a HS diploma you might as well say it's the equivalent of being a HS dropout 10 years ago.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
the only thing though is that school scares me. i don't want to go to a big college. also..i'm scared that i won't be good enough for college.
You could always try finding a small college to go to, there should be one somewhere for you to go to.

Years
the only thing though is that school scares me. i don't want to go to a big college. also..i'm scared that i won't be good enough for college.

What are you hoping to do as a job or career? It is possible to get a job, even a decent one, only with a high school diploma. While you can't walk in and get the job of your dreams, there are opportunities where jobs will train you or careers where you can build you own portfolio.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I know this might not help reach your goal, but if you want something to do in the meantime or something to help you look good on applications, volunteering at an animal shelter might be great. You seem to love animals and you are probably pretty good with them.

Years
i'm hoping to either become an author or something to do with mental health, like helping people with mental health issues. or anything with animals works.

While volunteering is good, you can actually possibly get a job working at kennels! (Or other animal stay over places) I don't know how much they pay, but they are a profit business instead shelters, so they should be able to pay you. If you need a job job that is steady, don't try what I'm about to say, but you can also start working as a pet sitter/dog walker. There are website for posting stuff locally, as well as ads in local shops. But like I said, if you need a steady job this is going to be hard to get started.

In terms on mental health, you will need to be certified so it's sorta impossible that I know of to break into that without college. I wouldn't recommend going to school to be an author. Just keep working on stories and writing, start looking for small or local article writing opportunities.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
hello, uhm, i'm planning on going to an animal shelter to see if i can volunteer soon possibly later this week. this week is a busy week for me and my mom so uh...yeah. wish me luck i guess?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
good luck! i do have to ask though, are you able to get to this shelter consistently? it's very important to be able to get there easily and often, even when volunteering.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
If they end up offering you a position, make sure to discuss scheduling with your mom in advance then! Also, totally ask for a paying position before a volunteer position. ;P

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i went there and i asked to be a volunteer. they gave me a sheet to fill out and whatnot so hopefully when i fill it out and take it back i'll be..settled in? if that makes sense lol. i look forward to it. just not...big dogs because big dogs scare me... ;-; i got bit by one once :c so now a lot of big dogs scare me. welp.

Back