• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Open World Pokémon Games (Badge Level Scaling and HM Items)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
What is your opinion on "open world" Pokémon games like Crystal Clear and R.O.W.E.? I think they make for a unique playthrough, despite the simple concept. Usually these games have levels that depend on badge count and things like HM items.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I liked the many different options with R.O.W.E like the different modes and, of course, just the open-world feel. The QoL changes were also nice. I have no experience with rom hacking, so I have no idea how hard this would be, but I was wondering how difficult would it be to have multiple regions in your hack. I know they have hoenn on the same console so a multi region game might be a cool idea. Good luck with your hack!

Years
  • Seen yesterday
On the whole, I like Crystal Clear. I like that I could pick Pikachu for a starter, that you can go wherever you want and beat the gyms in any order. I also like that you can rebattle the gym leaders as well at different levels on demand unlike ROWE where you have to wait until the next day. I also like that you can buy every TM and have Move Tutors to teach moves that Pokemon can't actually learn in the vanilla games. However, I would have liked the original Elite 4 to be retained at the Indigo Plateau, and perhaps the New Elite 4 could've been retained as post-Elite 4 bosses.

I haven't played ROWE yet, but I don't like you can only rebattle the gym leaders once a day. But I think I'll play it some day because it has a randomizer mode (including having random starters).

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 16, 2023
im going to focus more on rowe since i played it the most, and being honest, im really a fan of how they did it.
i think they did both of the levle scalling and the pokemon selection in a great way, im guessing they use the amount of gym badges you have in order to scale the lvels and they did a really good job at it! you can start at any town just like you would start at littleroot1 and i think they did the modes very well too, be it the hard mode or randomizer, and the implementation of newer gen pokemons or even the wonder trade.
while i dont mind pokemon games not being open world, i think the rowe team did an wonderful job at it.
i dint play crystal clear yet, but i dont doubt they made a good job too.

Back