• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ultra Sun] Pokemon Barren Black!

Dooz

Dooz
Years
I would like to preface this post by imploring you to simply click this Google Drive link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U9SGjc2iUDDKXNsdHfWjJa4LjECsDiS9?usp=sharing

It contains immensely detailed documentation of every single aspect of the hack, and describes it in much better detail than I can in this post. Every single question you may have, and anything you would want to know can be found there. What I am showing in this post is only a small fraction of the experience, to advertise the documents and hack! The documents are essentially a post on their own, so check them out! Thank you so much if you do! You will NOT regret it!

The documents are not messy and cluttered like this post, I assure you! The post is just cluttered because I don't want to go through the trouble of making it when the Google Drive speaks for itself! I'm just copy pasting a text blurb from one of the documents, and then attatching totally random pictures from little assorted things in the hack, but I assure you, just look at the drive if you've read this far and it seems like something in your alley!

Pokemon Barren Black is a multifaceted hack of Ultra Sun, based on the Unova region. The pokedex consists solely of Unova Pokemon, with new and never before seen buffs. The hack has countless New Moves, New Abilities, Quality of Life enhancements, and much, much more.
Everything from the Music, Pokemon, Totem Pokemon, and Trainers have all been replaced with Unovan versions. This hack breathes new life into obscure and overlooked Unova Pokemon, and fan favorites. The difficulty of the games have been magnified, with well thought out Totem Battles and increasingly difficult but fair and logical Trainer Battles including non important trainers. Every single aspect of the hack is entirely optimized for a fun, rewarding and COMPETETIVE experience, with an emphasis on fairness! Many hacks nowadays go all out in difficulty but fail to consider practical applications. I take a very unique approach in my Pokemon enhancements, new moves, new abilities and more- as my goal is to create a totally new experience which has never been seen before! Virtually EVERY single move has been altered to fit new niches and to be viable, and EVERY SINGLE move description has been rewritten to highlight these new differences, whether they be percentages, Z-Effects, or more!

Again, this is only a tiny, tiny fraction of how much I could write about this. It's best you just look at the Google Drive yourself and see it at your own leisure! Over 1000+ hours have been poured into the documents themselves being convenient for your viewing pleasure!

Join my Discord server if you have any questions, or need help, or want to contact me at all! I'm pretty active, and the Server is growing!

Here is a link to the Luma Patch! It works for custom firmware, and can be used in other ways to play as well! Join my Discord for more assistance, but the patch comes with instructions!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cw4aozu4kfh9c2x/Pokemon+Barren+Black+Definitive+Edition+v1.2.zip/file
EV Training.PNGFairy Moves.PNGMore Fairy.PNGWaterfall.PNGExpertise.PNGVindicate1.PNG

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Sample Changes.PNG

Attachments

• Eelektross.PNG
    Eelektross.PNG
    362.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Accelgor.PNG
    Accelgor.PNG
    360.6 KB · Views: 475
  • Ghetsis.PNG
    Ghetsis.PNG
    303.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Ghetsis2.PNG
    Ghetsis2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 288
  • Ghetsis3.PNG
    Ghetsis3.PNG
    226 KB · Views: 299
  • Spook.PNG
    Spook.PNG
    31.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Simisear.PNG
    Simisear.PNG
    185.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Sawsbuck.PNG
    Sawsbuck.PNG
    360.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Samurott.PNG
    Samurott.PNG
    361 KB · Views: 185
  • Trainer Sample.PNG
    Trainer Sample.PNG
    110.2 KB · Views: 520
  • Versatility.PNG
    Versatility.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 200
  • Vindicate.PNG
    Vindicate.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Totem Sample.PNG
    Totem Sample.PNG
    95.8 KB · Views: 405
  • Hyper Beam.PNG
    Hyper Beam.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Dooz

Dooz
Years
Thank you! :) And I have been making hacks for, about a year. There was a Beta I released back in December of 2020, then I began working on the final release which is much greater in quality (as you can see) aha, and before that I made a (now very outdated) hack based on the Sinnoh region. The next project is going to be basically the same level of detail as this one, but with all 721 Mons in it!

Years
Marx321: Nope, this is a 3ds hack - use Citra if you want to emulate.

Also (unrelated to the emulation question), regarding the documentation, is it normal for all of the images to be bunched up at the bottom of the document, or is that a bug with my word processor? I'm using Word on an Android phone to read the docs.

Dooz

Dooz
Years
Yeah that is definitely NOT intentional haha- I would definitely reccomend just viewing it on a Laptop or Computer. If I try to view it on my mobile phone it's extremely buggy, I'm not familiar with a word processor or android phones, but it seems whatever it is for you- definitely not intended haha. Thank you for responding to the other person by the way! :)

Years
The docs also glitch out when viewed in Word on my laptop, yet it is fine when viewed via Google Drive (also on my laptop). I guess the documents only load correctly on Drive.

Also, really looking forward to trying out this hack, excellent work!

Last edited:

Dooz

Dooz
Years
That has nothing to do with the hack itself, that's dependent on your hardware. I have friends who run Citra just fine on relatively crappy laptops, so you should be fine with some optimizations, unless your system is very poor. Either way, it won't be up to me or the hack if it runs well D: sorry!

H e a p.

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 23, 2022
Is this ROMhack really needs to use an actual 3ds? I thought it will be a good idea for putting it into Citra emulator... let alone a 3ds.

Back