• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Judgment (V2.0 available now!)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Titlescreen.png
1. Introduction

Welcome to the Shoto Archipelago!

And yes, Shotou means archipelago in Japanese, it will be my naming scheme. The SPA (Shoto Pokémon Association) made drastic changes to the league after a huge incident 24 years ago. The two regional leagues were merged into one and trainers attended in special schools to get their license. Trainers have to respect their Pokémon and they can lose their license if they treat them poorly. Another incident two years ago between the previous champion Victoria and the new one Noah led to more severe rules. As Noah's younger sibling, you are accepted in the Gacko;-) academy so you can follow in his footsteps. Meanwhile, a gang of banned trainers who can use Poké Balls without having a license named the Outlaws appears. They seem to be after Arceus' plates that are used to power up the main features of the cities.

2. Features

Experience a semi-open world gym challenge!

The Shoto archipelago is separated in two main islands and several smaller ones. After completing the first gym in the academy, you can choose which of the next three to challenge. You can fight the last six gyms in any order and then you will be able to compete in the league. The smaller islands will only be accessible in the post-game where you have complete freedom.

Mapscreen.png
A simple map made in Paint of the southern areas with the first main island to the west. This is only a template and I hope to update the region map with a more refined image.

Familiar faces, but different identities!

All the characters use sprites from people everybody knows in previous official games. They behave completely different, but you might see some similarities to their old personalities. Is it because I'm bad at making custom sprites or is there more to this in the plot? Most likely both.
Prof Wenge (Sycamore): The headmaster of the academy who works on a secret project.
Victoria (Cynthia): The former champion who was banned two years ago after an incident.
Damian (Blue): Victoria's son who tries to prove himself so he can restore her reputation.
Angela (Bianca): A sweet girl who wants to honor her sick grandfather, the first champion.
Hubert (Silver): A trainer who only trained the highest ranking Pokémon with harsh methods.
Joe (Ilima): He breeds Pokémon for the academy and he is also the first gym leader.

Various changes and scripts come together!

The graphics of the overworld are in Gen III style and I also use some custom tilesets. The menus are like Gen V and the music is from that generation too. Pokémon models look like the ones from Gen VI-VII and trainer sprites come from different DS games and custom creations. It was my aim to use the style of different generations to make my game more unique.
The type chart has been updated with the new Sound and Wind types. Gen V Pokémon evolve 5, 10, 15 or even 20 levels sooner and Pokémon that evolve during trades do this with a Link Stone. Some Pokémon have an extra secondary type and I made additional new hold items. There are also several scripts included like EBDX, following Pokémon, Ride Pager and overworld encounters.

3. Screenshots

See what you can expect during your journey!

Spoiler:

The screenshots only show areas and cutscenes until you have beaten the first gym. You'll have to discover by yourself how the entire island will look like.

4. Credits

A big thank you to everybody in here!

A list of the people credited to all the resources and plugins I have used for my game.
Spoiler:

5. Glitches and Feedback

Not everything will work as expected!

As I am the only person working on this game, there is always chance you'll run into an error. I only have recently updated to V19.1, so it's possible I forgot to make a few side events compatible. You can always report crashes in this threat and I'll do what I can to fix these issues.
One I haven't been able to remove is when you save just before switching from an indoor map to an outdoor. When you reload the file, the maps suddenly overlap and this disappears when you reenter. It can give players a scare and it can be very annoying to walk on if there isn't a door nearby. If you have any idea what the cause may be according to this video (View attachment glitch.mp4), please inform me so I can remove it.
The Ride Pager won't let you move on mounts that are based on making terrain passable. I could emulate this through a custom script instead of relying on the code in the plugin. Some mid-battle dialogue and transitions from EBDX didn't get through the compiler. I don't know how those are ignored and others have been added to the data files later on.
I would appreciate it if you would give me some feedback about different topics. I'm curious what you think about my map design, encounter tables, level scaling and gym leader/rival teams. If there is any advice you can give me, it could allow me to improve in the future.

6. Download

A quick click and you can play!

Here you can find the link where I'll share my rar and it goes until the credits:
Download here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Online now
I saw how cooL this game looks, I will be happy to help you out with testing the game for bugs or crazy issues I'm really experienced in testing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
I saw how cooL this game looks, I will be happy to help you out with testing the game for bugs or crazy issues I'm really experienced in testing.

Thanks for the reply as I hope to get at least three testers so they can pick gyms two to four in a different order each. If this isn't the case, I'll message you the link by the end of the month so we can focus on beta testing in June. What I'm worried about the most is my switch barriers so people can go to places they aren't supposed to. While it is semi-open world, there is still a story structure in my game and I hope I didn't oversee anything too critical.
I did my test run in around 7 hours play time and I fought all the trainers, but left the Pokédex alone. I had a team with four Pokémon at the credits at L31 which was around the same as the last opponent, so I think my level curve is good. I'm already busy mapping out and eventing the areas after the demo, but I don't think it will be too difficult bringing fixes over. Even after all the recent delays, I would like to have the demo out by the end of June.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
i want t beta testing the game i will agree gladly

Thank you for making the time. I'll message you the link together with the other beta testers.

could you do level cap like reborn then scaling wont be necessary

I'm not that familiar with Pokémon Reborn, but I do know it has some of the hardest difficulty in fan games. The level of trainers in my game increase a set amount based on the number of badges you have if you are on certain maps. Wild Pokémon levels don't change, so you'll need to be careful which area you'll pick first or new team members will be too far behind later on. If a player wants to be overleveled, it is their own choice like in the official games.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Maybe a discord server should be made so the beta testing progress could be in check easier?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe a discord server should be made so the beta testing progress could be in check easier?

I have never used Discord before, so I'm not sure about that. Shouldn't this thread or private messages be enough to communicate?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Direct massages sound fine i seen the sound type is added to game if you dont care can you tell me its match ups in the game?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 16, 2022
View attachment 101469
1. Introduction

And yes, Shotou means archipelago in Japanese, it will be my naming scheme. The SPA (Shoto Pokémon Association) made drastic changes to the league after a huge incident 24 years ago. The two regional leagues were merged into one and trainers attended in special schools to get their license. Trainers have to respect their Pokémon and they can lose their license if they treat them poorly. Another incident two years ago between the previous champion Victoria and the new one Noah led to more severe rules. As Noah's younger sibling, you are accepted in the Gacko;-) academy so you can follow in his footsteps. Meanwhile, a gang of banned trainers who can use Poké Balls without having a license named the Outlaws appears. They seem to be after Arceus' plates that are used to power up the main features of the cities.

2. Features

The Shoto archipelago is separated in two main islands and several smaller ones. After completing the first gym in the academy, you can choose which of the next three to challenge. You can fight the last six gyms in any order and then you will be able to compete in the league. The smaller islands will only be accessible in the post-game where you have complete freedom.

View attachment 101460
A simple map made in Paint of the southern areas with the first main island to the west. This is only a template and I hope to update the region map with a more refined image.

All the characters use sprites from people everybody knows in previous official games. They behave completely different, but you might see some similarities to their old personalities. Is it because I'm bad at making custom sprites or is there more to this in the plot? Most likely both.
Prof Wenge (Sycamore): The headmaster of the academy who works on a secret project.
Victoria (Cynthia): The former champion who was banned two years ago after an incident.
Damian (Blue): Victoria's son who tries to prove himself so he can restore her reputation.
Angela (Bianca): A sweet girl who wants to honor her sick grandfather, the first champion.
Hubert (Silver): A trainer who only trained the highest ranking Pokémon with harsh methods.
Joe (Ilima): He breeds Pokémon for the academy and he is also the first gym leader.

The graphics of the overworld are in Gen III style and I also use some custom tilesets. The menus are like Gen V and the music is from that generation too. Pokémon models look like the ones from Gen VI-VII and trainer sprites come from different DS games and custom creations. It was my aim to use the style of different generations to make my game more unique.
The type chart has been updated with the new Sound and Wind types. Gen V Pokémon evolve 5, 10, 15 or even 20 levels sooner and Pokémon that evolve during trades do this with a Link Stone. Some Pokémon have an extra secondary type and I made additional new hold items. There are also several scripts included like EBDX, following Pokémon, Ride Pager and overworld encounters.

3. Screenshots

The screenshots only show areas and cutscenes until you have beaten the first gym. You'll have to discover by yourself how the entire island will look like.

4. Credits

A list of the people credited to all the resources and plugins I have used for my game.
Spoiler:

5. Glitches and Feedback

As I am the only person working on this game, there is always chance you'll run into an error. I only have recently updated to V19.1, so it's possible I forgot to make a few side events compatible. You can always report crashes in this threat and I'll do what I can to fix these issues.
One I haven't been able to remove is when you save just before switching from an indoor map to an outdoor. When you reload the file, the maps suddenly overlap and this disappears when you reenter. It can give players a scare and it can be very annoying to walk on if there isn't a door nearby. If you have any idea what the cause may be according to this video (View attachment 101470), please inform me so I can remove it.
I would appreciate it if you would give me some feedback about different topics. I'm curious what you think about my map design, encounter tables, level scaling and gym leader/rival teams. If there is any advice you can give me, it could allow me to improve in the future.

6. Download

I'll soon give you a link you'll be able to download the Rar file with my game. It only covers the first island until the fourth gym and I hope to finish the second island within a year. No promises!
I would appreciate it if a few people would volunteer to be beta testers. I can message the link to them when I have enough before I post it on this thread.

If u need a beta tester, I'm so down for trying out your game

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
If u need a beta tester, I'm so down for trying out your game

Thank you and now I have the three beta testers that I wanted. I'll still wait until the weekend to send everyone a message with a link in case more will ask. I would prefer if all testers play at the same time and pick a different route with gyms 2-4. You can decide to choose between the Fire/Grass/Water gyms because you'll have a different companion based on the number of badges you have.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 16, 2022
Thank you and now I have the three beta testers that I wanted. I'll still wait until the weekend to send everyone a message with a link in case more will ask. I would prefer if all testers play at the same time and pick a different route with gyms 2-4. You can decide to choose between the Fire/Grass/Water gyms because you'll have a different companion based on the number of badges you have.

that sounds unique. I'm so looking forward to testing out your game this weekend!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I got an issue the game cant open up since the grapic card isnt fiting so i cant testing the game

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 16, 2022
I had an issue with the game opening, but when i press "New Game" I get a "map" error...
WIsh I could beta test it for ya.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
I had an issue with the game opening, but when i press "New Game" I get a "map" error...
WIsh I could beta test it for ya.

Is this the same error you have messaged me about before? It's good that you could get past the title screen, but I'm still confused about this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Are you still hiring for new beta tester?

Off course as two out of three testers seem to have issues with starting up and the last one hasn't answered yet. There is always room for more, so I can give you the link to see if you can even get into the intro screen.
I still really don't understand what went wrong for one tester so please reply if you encounter something similar. I'm still waiting for a solution and I don't want to place the link here until everything has been resolved.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Mar 31, 2023
View attachment 101469
1. Introduction

2. Features

View attachment 101460

3. Screenshots

4. Credits

Spoiler:

5. Glitches and Feedback

One I haven't been able to remove is when you save just before switching from an indoor map to an outdoor. When you reload the file, the maps suddenly overlap and this disappears when you reenter. It can give players a scare and it can be very annoying to walk on if there isn't a door nearby. If you have any idea what the cause may be according to this video (View attachment 101470), please inform me so I can remove it.

6. Download

I'll soon give you a link you'll be able to download the Rar file with my game. It only covers the first island until the fourth gym and I hope to finish the second island within a year. No promises!
I would appreciate it if a few people would volunteer to be beta testers. I can message the link to them when I have enough before I post it on this thread.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Mar 31, 2023
Hello Speedy Aggron!
I think the game is pretty cool. I would be more than happy to test it. I love these kinds of jobs. So, please give me a chance to test it.
Please
Thank you!

Back