• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Ayn Loki

Years
Link to Article: https://liliputing.com/2022/05/ayn-...-makers-of-the-ayn-odin-android-handheld.html

The company behind the Android-powered AYN Odin handheld game console have announced they're working on a new model with a nearly identical design, but one key difference: the AYN Loki is a handheld gaming PC that runs Windows.

According to a brief teaser video, the Loki will be "the most affordable Windows handheld ever created," with prices starting at $299 for an entry-level model with a 12th-gen Intel Core processor or $499 for models with AMD Ryzen 6000U chips featuring RDNA 2 graphics.

It's unclear what processor(s) will power the AYN Loki handheld, but the company has suggested on Chinese social media that the Loki will be available with a choice of an Intel Alder Lake processor with Intel integrated grpahics or AMD Ryzen 6000U chips with RDNA 2 graphics.

Backers of the AYN Odin crowdfunding campaign and members of AYN's QQ group may also be able to pre-order the Loki at discounted prices, and according to Taki Udon, the storage is user replaceable, which means that folks who order one of the lower-priced models may be able to upgrade to a larger SSD.

ayn-loki-pricing.jpg

While the teaser video makes it look like at least some models of the AYN Loki will be the same size as the company's Android-powered Odin handheld, Taki Udon says that not all of the Loki models will be the same size, suggesting that the "mini" and "max" refer to more than just the pricing and specs.

That's not to say that the new model is identical to the Odin when it comes to physical design. It looks like the Loki's display may be a little smaller than the Android-powered Odin's 5.98 inch, 1080p display

Another way in which the AYN Loki looks a bit different than the Odin: the company's Android-powered Odin has action buttons with a Nintendo-style X, A, B, Y layout, while the Loki will have an Xbox-style Y, B, A, X configuration. That change makes sense for a Windows handheld, since Microsoft's operating system includes native support for Xbox-style controllers.

ayn-loki-1200x577.jpg

Other details we can glean from the video include that the USB-C port, audio jack, and microphone all remain unchanged, as do the rest of the buttons, analog joysticks, and the D-Pad.

It's unclear when the new AYN Loki will be available for purchase, but you can find more details about the company's existing Android-based AYN Odin handhelds with ARM processors at the AYN website: https://www.ayntec.com/collections/odin

pkmin3033

I have to admit, I love how sleek these things are, especially given how tacky a lot of its competitors look. I gave serious thought to purchasing an Odin early last year, because I really do want a machine dedicated to emulation, and the price for what it offers is extremely appealing. £60 for a 51GB SD Card on top of the purchase price and you're good to go. They're a great budget option.

But...I have a Steam Deck coming, so this would be a bit of a waste of money for me, when that can do everything this can and more besides, and do it better. Unfortunately you get what you pay for, and whilst the price makes this a great option, there are better ones out there.

Years
It all depends on if it is using ddr5 dual channel ram and hopefully they put 16 gb of dual channel ddr5 ram, if it does it could be a good alternative to the Steam Deck if you want a windows device as this will have both zen 3 which is better than the Steam Decks zen 2 and it will also have the rdna 2 graphics architecture.

Back