• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Heaven

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
[agelimit]14A. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 14 years of age.[/agelimit]

This is a fanfic I have been working on for the past year. It is about a male Pokemorph named Adrian who ends up on a quest to save the world. I know the summary sounds cheesy but its the basic idea.

Anyway here is the prologue. I wrote it a year ago so any criticism I will ignore since my writing has become MUCH better since then. All of the chapters up to 21 I have already written and hosted on another site.

Lost Heaven

act1mk2.png

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Prologue

A dark shadow cast itself over the land of Kanto. It blocked out the gaze of the moon for a few seconds before disappearing. No one noticed the pokemon however. It landed in the mountains soon after.

Team Rocket meanwhile was busy shipping boxes in Johto. Much of their original plans and funding was lost due Red. The young Pokemon master who retired at the brisk age of 20 years old. He quickly stopped Giovanni the founder and CEO of Team Rocket. Red left Kanto to a faraway land for advanced training.

Giovanni sat in a large red soft chair. He was busy sipping from a large glass of Tequila. Giovanni was busy deciding on what shipment of pokemon he was going to steal next. Team Rocket was already the laughing stock of the pokemon world. Even pokemon officers in towns believed them not to be hardened criminals but in Halloween costumes.

It was then Giovanni heard his office door open. He turned his chair and saw a shadowy figure. He was draped in a long coat and wore a large fedora hiding his face.. He was very tall and Giovanni didn't recognize him.

"Mr. Giovanni. My Employers wish to give their warmest regards."

Giovanni rested his Tequila shot on his table. "What is this? Who are you." Giovanni quickly moved his hand to his phone ready to call his secretary.

"Oh no Mr. Giovanni. I wish to offer your organization a job."

Giovanni rested his hand away from his phone. "Okay I am listening."

"My employers wish to perform a pokemon related attack on a city sometime this week. However we lack the men and experience to do so. We wish your men to hit this city." The shady man tossed a photograph onto Giovanni's desk. Giovanni recognised the city in the photograph

"Bare in mind your work will not go unrewarded. Once you do our task your role in the new world order will be complete."

Giovanni had enough. "Wait world order? What are you talking about who are your employers?" The shady man was already walking out of his office. Giovanni quickly buzzed his secretary. "Assemble Locke and the rest for.." He quickly said the name of the city. He began to sip another shot of Tequila as he began to wonder what the Shady man was up to

Meanwhile a drilling machine off the coast of Cinnabar island was busy working. Cinnabar Island was renowned for being the place where the only fire gym was located. Or at least was until the volcano erupted. The gym was relocated to the nearby Seafoam islands for the time being.

The drilling machine was hard at work atop the volcano. Suddenly the drill stopped abruptly. One of the men running the machine took a look. He ran down the side of the Volcano towards where the drill was.

The man took a look at what looked like a large crate. He quickly moved it out of the way of the drill and opened it.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, my computer won't let me quote. I like this so far...

I think it's funny that Giovanni's got his taquila. Considering I'm writing about Silver, and Giovanni's his father, I thought this was interesting.

Anyway...just a few errors. One sentence could be better, more like this:

"Oh, no, Mr. Giovanni. I wish to offer you organization a job."

Something in that line. But, I like it.

Also, is this based off the manga? I'm left to assume so, but use of 'Red'...

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Actually I am using game cannon. I wasn't that big of a fan of the Manga

Anyway a fanfic tradition I always do is at the beginning of every chapter I post a little either song quote or famous quote. Its a good hook.

Lost Heaven

Act 1: Living life by the gun

Chapter 1: In the beginning

Super highways, coast to coast, easy to get anywhere
On the transcontinental overload, just slide behind the wheel
How does it feel
When there's no destination - that's too far
And somewhere on the way, you might find out who you are

Living in America - James Brown

Rain began pounding all around Kanto. Many people thought it was just another rain storm. Many of them did happen very recently

One town in particular was having hail. It was pounding on all the house's roofs and it sounded like someone was rolling gravel down them. One house for example was Adrian Carter's house

The house was quite empty. The only indication of life was Adrian's snoozing body in his bed. His bed hadn't changed at all in the 5 years he left it. Adrian turned 20 years old one month before. Not much of a celebration however. Just a small training session with his pokemon and a small party.

Adrian soon awoke in a slump. The rumbling of thunder was keeping him awake. He looked at his poke'nav's alarm. It read in big bold green lettering "9:32 AM." Adrian didn't usually wake up before noon anymore. He did when he was a trainer.

Adrian rose from his bed and yawned quickly. After stretching for a few minutes he walked into his bathroom. Adrian's brown hair was messy and uncombed. After showering and combing his hair Adrian walked down his set of stairs. The entire house was empty without a soul inside. Adrian's parents died in a car accident when he was just starting as a trainer. It was one of the things that pushed him to succeed.

Adrian quickly decided to make breakfast. Noticing the lack of ingredients and a kitchen that just screamed needing a good grocery shopping. Adrian simply helped himself to cereal as he did every day.

After a short breakfast he propped himself on his couch and began to watch the news. Mostly about how meteorologists were tracking new developments in space and were thinking there could really be pokemon from space. Which Adrian just didn't want to believe. More updates showed a pokemon rebelling. It was about an abusive trainer who struck one of his pokemon and was killed by an accident. The pokemon was put to death instantly without any indication of trying to get the crime resolved. Dozens of protesters were marching throughout Johto for pokemon Amnesty.

Adrian quickly switched his TV off. He walked to a small letter writing desk. Inside the desk was his champion's seal. Every champion of the Kanto Pokemon league would get a small badge with the Kanto crest embroidered in it. Adrian remembered that fateful day 1 year before when he managed to beat the pokemon league. It was a day he would always remember. Adrian stopped reminiscing for a second and placed his champion's seal back into his desk.

Adrian sat on his couch again and sighed. There was not much to do in his home town anymore. It used to be exciting especially when Red returned. But now that he left and Professer Oak rarely found any new pokemon Pallet was boring as hell. Adrian sighed very softly once more and yawned.

"As if anything is going to happen." He decided as he watched more TV.

Meanwhile

High above Kanto a purple pokemon was gliding through the clouds. A large gash-like wound in its side. It was carrying a large bag with it. The pokemon was falling towards the town of Pallet.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Chapter 2: Doorbells

"..Don't come hare hanging around my door

I don't want to see your face no more

American Woman - Lenny Kravitz

Adrian slowly got up from the couch and walked back to his room. On his desk was his pokenav which was on its charger. It's little screen was blinking excitedly meaning a new message. He quickly flipped it open and checked it out.

"Hey Adrian. When are you going to get out of Pallet? You've been there for a year now.

Cerulean city is good. I am writing this message while I am driving to Vermillian. So if you plan on leaving go there.

Sophie"

Adrian quickly closed his Pokenav and placed it back on his belt. Going to Vermillian with Sophie was definitely not on his agenda. Adrian met Sophie 2 years before in Saffron city. All she had was a small Flaafy which couldn't even perform thunder shock. Adrian stepped down from his room and walked towards his computer. Right next to the monitor was a neat 6 pokeball tray. Adrian's pokemon were housed in his pokeballs. However with the exempt of his birthday he didn't really train them. After the pokemon league things became very dull and going to Johto was becoming more tempting every day.

Adrian quickly logged onto his computer and read his messages. More stuff from Professer Oak reminding him to charge his pokedex. Which he remembered that day as his pokedex was also next to the computer and charging. The rest was email from his friend Locke in Fuchsia. Adrian was about to click it when he heard his doorbell ring. He soon got up and walked to his door.

Immediately after opening his door a wet purple being fell into his house. Adrian recognized it as a pokemon but didn't know which one. He quickly dragged the pokemon into his house and closed his door. Soon he picked up the purple pokemon and lifted it onto his kitchen table. Adrian noticed it had a bag which fell off it when it fell down. Adrian noticed the pokemon had a deep cauterized wound in its side. Something had given this thing a beating and it had been flying for a long time.

Adrian soon walked to his first aid kit and bandaged the pokemon. He also threw a towel over it and began to dry it. Soon the pokemon opened its eyes.

"Finally. Who are you?"

<M... Me...> the pokemon said into his mind. Adrian thought it would either roar or say its name like other pokemon would. Bu this one was actually talking.

<Mew...two> Mewtwo was not a pokemon he recognized.

"Well why did you come here?"

<For shelter> Adrian half expected this. The storm was getting more ravaging and his house was closest to the ocean. Adrian lifted the pokemon onto his couch and fetched a blanket.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nice overall...one thing that got me was

The entire house was empty without a soul inside. Adrian's parents died in a car accident when he was just starting as a trainer. It was one of the things that pushed him to succeed.

Random, much? You just kinda popped out of nowhere with his parents' death.

But, I like it so far. I like the song lyric idea...but you might want to add in more description. And the chapters need to be longer. These are a tad short...at least a page long will do it.

And you should use complex sentences a bit more. You're using simple sentences...try combining two sentences--that's a complex one.

Luckily, I actually like this one...some of the others I've read are nice, but bizzare beyond words. So, good going.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
I know the shortness of my chapters. But I am planning on getting around 100+ chapters spread out on 4 ACTS. Like in the Chrysalids I like to slip important things in the chapters so later when they become important people go and read back.

Chapter 3: Curiosity

"The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands,"

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

Mewtwo fell asleep soon afterwards. Adrian soon checked his bag for what he was holding. The bag was a beige saddle bag and it looked to big for him

When he dumped its contents on the floor Adrian examined them. One of them looked like a strange helmet. It had a wire leading to a small wrist band. There was a strange device the approximate shape of a calculator that didn't have a keypad. It was just a screen. The rest looked like strange pellets and other meaningless things.

Adrian peered over to Mewtwo again and saw him stirring. He waited patiently while checking out the inside of the helmet

<Whats your name?> The pokemon said into his mind. The whole telekinesis thing no longer bothered him. He felt he had seen much stranger things.

"Adrian Carter." Suddenly Mewtwo sat up with great difficulty.

<Are you...> There was a loud hacking cough following this. <Last years pokemon league champion?> Adrian quickly nodded. <Then I am at the right place.>

"Whats your story?" Adrian asked the pokemon curiously.

<I was captured in Johto last month by this strange organisation. I have seen human organizations before but this one was strange. They wore hooded outfits that were vividly white. Once I was captured they used strange experiments on me until only yesterday when they stated that they no longer needed me.>

"Why was that?"

<I do not know. But they attempted to kill me so I managed to escape with some of their prototype technology." He pointed towards the bag. "But I got wounded in the process.>

"Oh its not bad. Its only a little shrapnel. Nothing a trip to the reguvinator won't fix."

<No its much worse then that. I was injected with a special kind of parasite yesterday. It is eating away at my insides and this wound is currently afflicting me.>

"Well why did you seek me?"

<As I said before I came here for shelter but didn't know you stayed here. I overheard the humans speaking about something happening today in Pallet town. Some kind of pokemon raid. After I escaped I managed to find records of a recent pokemon league champion living here.>

"More like Ex-trainer." Adrian said softly getting up.

<Adrian I need your help. This is a big problem. I also overheard that this pokemon raid will also create a butterfly effect and do something to the entire world.> Mewtwo said getting up.

"Oh come on Mewtwo. Nothing like that can happen." Adrian said taking the TV remote out and turning on the TV.

"This just in. A strange ship called the "Harbinger" has just docked in the Pallet docks without a shipping Manifest. When the coast guard boarded the ship he was immediately attacked by a strange pokemon. Pallet town police have currently closed the docks off and are now observing the situation."

"Don't you see Adrian. It has already begun."

Suddenly a large explosion occurred on the TV. Adrian heard it from his house even. "This just in. A police car near the ship has just exploded." Suddenly the camera was wobbling uncontrollably as Adrian saw men dressed in black armed with Carbines shooting at the police. The men with carbines were obviously winning. Soon the camera went to black. Adrian quickly turned the TV off.

"Okay Mewtwo what do you want?"

<This is what I was talking about. I can possibly repel the Rockets but I will need your help.>

"Okay what?"

<Adrian this is a failsafe.> He suddenly picked up the helmet. <If I become to injured to fight slip this helmet on and place the armband around my wrist.> Adrian grabbed the helmet from Mewtwo.

"What does this do?" He asked the pokemon.

<When the time comes you'll know.> Suddenly Adrian heard more explosions outside his house. <Quickly we haven't much time.> Mewtwo opened Adrians door and walked out into the sun. Adrian never heard of terrorists trying to take over a small town like Pallet before.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm intriuged.

Anyway, down to business.

Rejuvinate is the correct spelling, I believe...(or hope...)

And may I ask, what is a shrapnel?

Ah, and...at the beginning of this chapter...you used to wrong to...you meant 'too'. x3

<I do not know. But they attempted to kill me so I managed to escape with some of their prototype technology." He pointed towards the bag. "But I got wounded in the process.>

Also, if Mewtwo's gonna talk with the <'s and >'s, then end the sentence like that...

Still good, though. Just watch your spelling and...end tags. X.x

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrapnel

I must say this is more criticism then I usually get with other fanfics I host on other forums. Yeah I forgot to edit that part when I was reading the chapter over.

Eh, at least you're getting some critcism. I'm quite active in the Fan Fic threads. I'm trying to keep track of mine, plus I like to read others, and give advice to the best of my knowledge.

It's just a downer that no one really writes about the manga characters. ;-; That saddens me...but, that's another subject.

Anyway, I think you're doing very well. I really do love the song lyric thing. It's nice, I was actually thinking of doing something similar in my last chapter...I make fics from the end up. Quite strange...but, like I've stated, you're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Chapter 4: Crashing down

Can't you hear me knockin' on your window
Can't you hear me knockin' on your door

Can't you hear me knocking - Rolling Stones

Mewtwo ran out of the house as quickly as possible. Adrian noticed Rockets near the dock running towards the house. Suddenly Mewtwo levitated into the air and lifted the rockets. Then he quickly placed them into a nearby tree.

Suddenly a large tank-like car came out of the woods near the edge of Pallet. Soon more Rockets swept out of it. Mewtwo quickly created a shield to dodge their bullets. Soon he managed to take them out as well. Adrian noticed the pain in the purple pokemon's eyes as he did more psychic moves.

Eventually the tank was thrown in the air. Mewtwo stopped levitating and went down on the ground clutching his side. Soon Adrian looked up and saw a large helicopter flying towards Pallet.

"Can't these guys do anything right? How hard is it to take down a simple pokemon?" The rest of the Rockets began to fall back as Mewtwo slowly lowered himself down to the ground. He slowly walked towards Adrian

Adrian felt like congratulating Mewtwo. He won after all. Once Mewtwo made it towards Adrian a sense of dread went through his eyes.

<Watch out!> He screamed into his mind. The rest happened as if it was slow motion. Adrian spun around and saw a Rocket with a bloodied face holding a gun. He fired one shot at them. Mewtwo shot what looked like a shadow ball at him. The Rocket was propelled into a nearby tree. Adrian looked down and saw a small hole in his shirt. He fell to the ground instantly. Adrian felt as if his brains were running on overdrive. Pain was pounding his brains into the dust. Adrian saw Mewtwo moving towards the bag that he brought out. Mewtwo slowly put the helmet onto Adrian's head. "Mewtwo what are you doing?" He managed to choke out. He felt so much pain just saying that.

<This helmet is called the Infomerger 2000. It will make us swap bodies. You will take mine and I will take yours. I was planning on using you in case I died I could live on. How ironic its the other way around> Adrian blacked out soon after. He heard a very loud hissing and found no more.

Adrian felt like he was crashing down. He let his brains melt into a purple haze.

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
In case your wondering Allan Gold is the main character of the G/S/C series. Its just I used the name Allan for him and I preferred using it instead of Gold like I did with Red.

Chapter 5: Newfound Experiences

I knew right from the beginning
That you would end up winnin'
I knew right from the start
You'd put an arrow through my heart

Round and Round - Ratt

A lifetime ago Adrian would have just dreamed a better dream. Adrian's dreams were usually about battling or the rain. But this one was much different

The scene was a flashback to 5 years before. Adrian had just beaten...much of his dream became blurry there. But the dream depicted when he was presented his trophy and prize money. Then he was entered into the league database. Adrian remembered heaving the heavy trophy and looking at the database.

"Say sir. Whatever happened to Red?" He asked Lance the former champion. He now mainly entered people in the league database along with being apart of the Elite 4. Though it was rare that a trainer managed to beat the entire Elite Four in one go and the champion. But the previous champion Allan Gold wasn't available for Adrian to face so Adrian became the champion right after defeating Lance and... someone else.

"Red? Oh I remember him. Rumor has it the last champion Allan went to Mount Silver and beat him."

"Mount Silver?"

"Yeah Mount Silver. A desolate mountain in Johto. The strongest pokemon imaginable are seen there. People experience horrors never thought possible in the pitch black cave. It is said that Allan went down deep into the cave and faced him. There he defeated him. Its possible that Red is still training there."

"What happened to Gold?"

"Oh Allan? Well after he left Mount Silver he went somewhere. But no one really knows..." The flashback ended abruptly there. Adrian remembered what happened there. He went back to Pallet town and everything went back to normal. His tournament winnings were what he enjoyed the most. Suddenly the scene flashed to many different memories. All not his, all from Mewtwo's point of view. He didn't recognize them at all. The dream ended in a blinding flash of light.

Adrian's eyes opened slowly. He felt like turning over and sleeping again. Yet he somehow didn't want to. He drew in a very long and deep yawn and got up. He peered around and noticed he was in his room.

"Yet another imaginative dream." But those flashbacks weren't something he saw very often. He slowly slid off his bed.

The first thing he noticed once his toes touched the ground was a new found feeling. He found himself walking down his stairs entirely on his toes. He paused at this but ignored it. He was still groggy and didn't perceive anything yet. He walked into his small bathroom.

Adrian shrieked when he looked at himself in the mirror. staring at him in the face was Mewtwo. He looked down at himself and shrieked again.

20 minutes later

It took Adrian 20 minutes to stop shrieking. He remembered what Mewtwo said before he blacked out. He slowly looked down at his hands and down at the rest of his body. What puzzled him was his fingers didn't have very large round tips at the ends of them. But were just as skinny. But the only other difference was his neck didn't have a tube connecting to his head. Adrian stepped into his tub and initiated a shower.

The warm water felt good on his skin. Adrian began feeling the parts of his body. Mewtwo had a slight coating of fur covering his body that Adrian never knew he had. Before he thought that Mewtwo didn't have any fur but this was different. It was like Mewtwo was cat-like

It took Adrian around 20 minutes to leave the shower. His fur felt matted to the bone. He found it easier to stand on his toes so he continued to walk like that. Adrian looked onto the coffee table and saw the calculator device. He slowly touched it.

"Dear Adrian." It said. Adrian picked up the device and saw Mewtwo's face looking at him. "If you are viewing this it means that I am dead and you are very confused. I created two failsafes since I foresaw two outcomes with a human. Either I would get wounded and I would use your body to stop Team Rocket. Or you would get wounded and you would stop Team Rocket. Obviously the second outcome happened. If this is true then we have switched bodies and I have used the remainder of your bodies' strength to lift you to your room and to bury myself behind your house. The Infomerger is able to give both occupants a burst of energy which you might be facing right now with flashbacks." Adrian felt like shutting it off yet didn't want to. But he still felt disgusted

"Now onto the matter at hand. You are the only one who can stop Team Rocket now. From what I have heard Team Rocket is going to try and use a power plant near Cerulean to do something called a "Master Plan." You must stop them"

"As if." Adrian said. Adrian noticed something. Before Mewtwo would beam something into his mind. But now Adrian spoke with his mouth. His voice was hard and unforgiving.

"Now something you should know Adrian is the Infomerger did do something else. Something it did when it transfered our minds is it weakened my body's psychic link. This is why your fingers do not have psy ability and your neck doesn't have a tube. Now this means you will not be able to use my psychic attacks." Great I am a handicapped pokemon Adrian thought to himself

"Now Adrian this may come to you as a shock but the infomerger only transfered some of your memories and consciousness into my brain. But this means that my brain is eventually going to recognize that something is wrong with itself. This is only a theory but eventually you will begin to see memories that are mine. Overtime your personality will evolve into mine and eventually all of your humanity will cease to exist." Adrian didn't believe it. The whole thing was to much like science fiction.

"Now Adrian. Find some way to get to the power plant. Team Rocket is going to do something at the power plant..." It cut off immediately there. Adrian picked it up and noticed that Mewtwo's recording stopped there.

"Well at least he stopped talking." Adrian said slowly. He began letting some of what Mewtwo said digest. Adrian stood up and began to ponder what to do next. He had to do something. Then it became obvious.

"Professor Oak.."

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Chapter 6: Knowledge

It was a baby boy
so we bought him a toy
It was a ray gun
and it was 1981

The Hardest Button to Button - The White Stripes

Adrian walked up to his room and looked around it. His pokenav was on its charger as usual. His clothes were everywhere. On the floor and sometimes on the ceiling fan. Adrian sighed and looked around. This was the first time he noticed that Mewtwo was naked. But Mewtwo was practically a wild animal he found no reason why he should wear clothing.

But Adrian still felt the need to wear clothes. It just felt natural to wear something. Adrian walked over to his closet and saw some clothing. There were simple shirts and sweaters hanging on coat hangers. Adrian fumbled around his clothes until he found something

Adrian used to wear an old hoody when he went on his pokemon journey. It was plain dark brown with the hood colored green. It was a zip up hoody and he always wore it 5 years before. Adrian slowly slipped it off the hangar and threw it on. Adrian's hoody had an inside pocket with two pockets found on either side of the zipper.

Adrian zipped the hoody up a little and looked around some more. He found Mewtwo's saddle bag and began throwing things into it. His pokenav and his pokedex (He actually upgraded it to the national dex). Adrian took the time to zip the bag up. However his hands made this simple task difficult. After several minute he finally did it.

Adrian lifted the bag up and swung it onto himself. Adrian believed that Mewtwo was a very weak pokemon due to his upper body being very small. But once Adrian put on the saddle bag it felt very light. Then he began to walk outside.

Once Adrian's toes touched the ground he felt better. He wondered if Mewtwo was more of an outdoors pokemon. Adrian began walking through the town noticing that it was very empty after the Rocket attack. It seemed that someone had sucked the life straight out of it. Adrian made his way towards the hill where Professor Oak's laboratory was.

. He found himself panting by the time he made it to the lab. Adrian quickly rang Professor Oak's doorbell.

"Who's out there? Go away." Adrian rang the door bell again.

"Professor Oak. It's Adrian Carter."

Adrian heard locks clicking and punching. Suddenly the door heaved open.

Professor Oak looked much different then when Adrian last saw him. Professor Oak's eye color changed from its familiar blue to brown. Plus his hair color changed from its Grey to brown as well.

"Who are you?"

"It's me Adrian."

~~~~1 Hour later~~~~

Adrian soon found himself sipping from a great mug of tea in his small living room. Professor Oak was pacing.

"So Mewtwo sent you some sort of message afterwards?" Adrian nodded and handed him the device. "Okay Adrian I think that we have to run some tests." Professor Oak led Adrian towards his research lab. Adrian walked into the middle of his exhibition room. Over the years Professor Oak managed to include much more to his research lab. He included a lot more high tech equipment.

After a few tests Adrian slipped off the table. Professor Oak walked over to him. "Well Adrian every one of my tests proved you are a pokemon. The pokedex registers you as Mewtwo, all the DNA and gene tests prove it as well. There is no doubt about it Adrian." Adrian sunk his head down slightly.

"Professor Mewtwo said something about how his brain would begin manipulating my mind. He said soon I would see memories that were his and my personality would be his. He said eventually all my human memories would disappear and I would become him." Professor Oak put a thinking expression on his face. "Well it seems more then possible." Adrian gulped slightly.

They walked back to Professor Oak's living room. Professor Oak switched on the TV. It showed downtown Pallet town. There was mass rioting in the streets.

"Team Rocket dropped a special gas over Pallet. It is changing people into pokemon." Professor Oak said. "They are rioting in the streets. They might come over here."

"So what happens now?" Adrian asked him. "Well you have to go hide out in Viridian. I don't know what they are going to do if they come here." Adrian nodded slightly and began to walk out of the Professor's lab. He was glad he had an excuse to go exploring once more

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Chapter 7: Colored lights

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Everything isn't meant to be okay.

American Idiot - Green Day

When Adrian made it to the woods outside Pallet it was around 6 PM. Adrian was surprised how long it took him to get to Professor Oak's house and make it to the woods.

Much of the original emotions had died down a little. There was no fear or anger any more. The only thing Adrian wanted to do was to get to Viridian and hide out there for the time being.

There was a simple large path leading to Viridian. Adrian began walking down the path. Around a half hour later Adrian heard something. It was the sound of marching and running. Adrian hid behind a nearby tree and saw 5 men dressed in dark blue.

"Okay men you ready?" One of them said to the rest. All of them suddenly took out guns. Some of them were pistols and the rest were assault rifles or carbines.

"Ready!" They all called out.

"Right remember the mission. Kill all freaks and don't take prisoners." Adrian remembered the gas professor Oak spoke about. They were going to slaughter all the civilians in Pallet.

They began walking again. Adrian heard a large rustling and a human jumped out of a nearby tree. The human had purple skin and his face looked deformed. Plus he had a strange tail. He looked like he was hybridized with an Aipom

"Its a freak. Shoot to kill." Adrian heard safeties clicking off and firing. Suddenly the Aipom hybrid jumped into the air dodging the bullets. Then it went to a nearby soldier and wrapped his tail around him. The Aipom jumped into a tree. Adrian heard screaming and rustling from the tree.

"Hurry. More might be around here." Suddenly Adrian saw a pistol drop into the middle of the road. The Aipom must have threw it there. Adrian ran into the middle of the road and took the pistol. Noticing how much noise he was making.

The soldiers turned around. "Its a freak. Shoot to kill." Adrian dived into one side of the forest. Adrian had never operated a weapon before. But he had played a lot of video games and seen a lot of movies. Adrian simply cocked it backwards. Then he aimed at a nearby soldier. Adrian's aim was normally pretty good. He fired one shot at the soldier's chest.

The soldier bucked and fell to the ground. "He's returning fire." They all suddenly fired into random directions in the forest. Apparently not noticing where the shot came from. The rest of the soldiers were easy to dispatch when they had to reload. After they were all dead Adrian walked to their corpses. He took 2 clips from the soldiers. He resented needing to use a gun but it was the only way. Adrian had no attacks and would get butchered if more soldiers would come. He decided against taking an assault rifle due to its weight. Adrian placed the clips into his inside pocket along with the pistol. Adrian left the corpses where they were and continued on.

He made it to Viridian a few hours later. He checked the time and gasped. The time read "10:42 PM" Adrian didn't know he was walking for more then four hours. Fatigue gripped him as he walked into the town gate

Suddenly Adrian looked up and saw a helicopter flying towards Viridian. Adrian recognized it as one of the helicopters that was over Pallet a few hours before. Adrian quickly summoned up the energy to run.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The Rolling Stones, eh? I dig that song.

Down to business, I say this is only going up.

He made it to Viridian a few hours later. He checked the time and gasped. The time read "10:42 PM" Adrian didn't know he was walking for more then four hours. Fatigue gripped him as he walked into the town gate

Hmmm...Viridian. My kinda place. Anyway, I love this line...fatigue gripped him...-dies- It sounds so good, it makes me want fatigue to grip me. But...period at the end. ^^; Don't forget those...basic sentence building block.

Keep up the good work.

Be seeing you!

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Here is a short chapter. I originally intended it to be longer but I decided to leave it be

Chapter 8: Burn
I'm an axe grinder, pile driver
Mama says that I never, never mind her
Got no brains, I'm insane
The teacher says that I'm one big pain

Bang your head (Metal Health) - Quiet Riot

Once the planes landed in the middle of Viridian Adrian hid behind a nearby house. He heard many rockets running left and right to try and secure the position. Adrian crouched holding the pistol above his head slightly. Waiting for the slightest moment. Suddenly a Rocket ran near his position not noticing Adrian. Adrian quickly grabbed him and placed the pistol to his head.

"Drop it." He said into his ear. The rocket began to squirm. Adrian noticed he was holding an assault rifle. Adrian quickly took the but of his pistol and smacked it at the rockets head. He went down quite quickly. Adrian took his assault rifle into his hands. Noticing it was an M16 and used the same type of clips that his pistol used. Adrian quickly took aim at a rocket nearby and fired

The rocket fell immediately. Suddenly he realized he just alerted his position. Another rocket came running behind Adrian. Adrian turned around and fired at the rocket downing him instantly.

Adrian grabbed a clip from his inside pocket and reloaded. Then he quickly ran behind another house. Barely making it there without getting shot. He suddenly heard something.

"Forget it. Just dump the container here and lift off." Suddenly Adrian heard a big crash and the planes starting to lift off. Adrian looked around the house and saw 2 planes lifting off but he Helicopter was still there. Adrian waited for it to fly off and he ran to the container.

"Okay how does this work?" The container had a small screen on it which had a count down timer on it. Adrian found no buttons anywhere on it. Suddenly the timer went down to 10 seconds. Adrian ran from the container into the nearby forest.

Soon the container began to spew green gas like it did in Pallet. The gas soon surrounded Viridian and even the forest. Adrian soon found himself very tired and fatigued as he set the M16 down and fell asleep. With only the ground and the moon there to sleep with.

Last edited:

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
interesting fanfic so far. I think it's going pretty good right now. The only real things that need fixing are comma use, periods, and other punctuation marks. A word processing program will fix any and all of these problems if you do a quick proofread of it before submitting it online. But other than that it's great. Keep up the good work!

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Chapter 9: The Quest

No one like you
I can't wait for the nights with you
I imagine the things we do
I just wanna be loved by you

No One like you - The Scorpions

Adrian awoke in a brief sweat.

"Oh... It was just a dream." Adrian was having a pretty exciting dream. One of turning into Mewtwo and fighting off Team rocket with guns.

Yes. My Pokenav alarm will go off with that stupid ringtone Sophie emailed me Adrian thought to himself. The pokenav alarm did go off. But it was farther away then he thought it was before. Adrian frowned and placed his hand on his head.

Now the freak out lasted several seconds. But Adrian discovered he was still Mewtwo when he opened his eyes and noticed his hand had three fingers. Adrian screamed horsely for several minutes until a Chancy ran into the room. She held a syringe in her hand and soon injected Adrian with it. Adrian sighed as his emotions washed away.

"There you go." The Chancy said to him. Adrian's eyes blinked several times.

"Did... you just talk?" The Chancy nodded.

"I was the Joy here." Adrian groaned loudly. He placed his hand on his head again.

"How long was I out?"

"Its been around 2 days since the Rockets invaded the city. Give or take."

"Professor Oak told me that this gas would just change people into light pokemon hybrids. Not full blown pokemon."

"No one understands it. But we are still functioning." Adrian sat up in his bed.

"Look can I just go now? Joy nodded slowly. Adrian noticed his hoody lying on a chair nearby. He walked over and threw it on

"Why are you wearing clothing?" She asked him. Adrian found it strange that she should ask him this question. Adrian found that he had to wear clothing yet this Chancy was speaking like he was just about to jump off a bridge.

"Um. Because its cold?" He said bluntly. He quickly zipped his hoody while the Chancy stared at him. Adrian walked out of the pokemon center's room down to the lobby

The strangest thing Adrian ever saw happened in the lobby. He saw dozens of pokemon there. But the pokemon were acting just like trainers would. They brought pokeballs to a Chancy behind a counter and the Chancy would put it in the rejuvenator. Adrian sat down in a chair and mopped the sweat from his head. He thought that he dreamed he was in Wonderland and now woke up in the looking glass.

Sitting next to Adrian was a Blaziken. He slowly turned to him. "Are you Adrian Carter?" The Blaziken asked him. Adrian nodded.

"We had reports of a Mewtwo named Adrian Carter going through Viridian. I came here to give him back most of his things. He had a bag with him. Adrian took the bag and opened it. Inside was his saddle bag with his pistol

"Might I ask a question?" He said to him. Adrian nodded finding much of the surprised had died down slightly. "Why are you using a human weapon?" Adrian found it funny he asked himself that same question

"Long story." Then the Blaziken stood up. "Well you better tell me down at the precinct." He suddenly took a pair of handcuffs and snapped them on Adrian before he could notice. Adrian felt more untimely surprise. Like he was really going insane and this was all just a bad nightmare brought upon by the large amount of drugs he could be hopped up on. The Blaziken led him outside towards a small police station. The Blaziken threw him into a nearby chair. He suddenly took a pack of cigarettes out and lit it with his finger. Adrian found it strange that a pokemon would be smoking. He quickly puffed and coughed.

"We are just trying to find information about what happened here 2 days ago" Adrian noticed that there was a Grandbull right next to him. But he was much larger then a regular Grandbull and looked more like a hybrid then a regular pokemon. Adrian began to tell his story. From when he opened his door and found Mewtwo on his doorstep to when he woke up. When he finished the Blaziken nodded slightly.

"The gas does not hybrid humans it changes their DNA to a pure pokemon." He said sitting down. "Anyway Adrian I believe you. But I find it strange why you didn't just freeze time or something and killed those Rockets."

"I told you. I don't have any powers." The Blaziken shrugged slightly. Adrian found it strange he was talking like this. He saw that these pokemon were not repulsed or disgusted by their changed appearance. Rather they seemed to believe they were pokemon. But the stranger thing was they seemed to act like humans. Adrian stood up from his chair.

"Okay well if thats all I need to go. I have to go back to Pal.." The Blaziken stood up as well.

"Whoa Whoa Whoa your not going to Pallet Town." Adrian felt confused. "Oh no. Your going with me to Pewter." Adrian felt even more surprised.

"Pewter? Why?" The Blaziken quickly took his cigarette and dug it into a nearby ash tray. "The Rockets are going to hit all the cities in a specific order. That is why I am going to go and stop them from launching any more gas."

"Why not use any of these other guys?" He said pointing to the other police officers standing. The Blaziken shrugged. "These guys? They can't do anything but sit and eat Pokechow. What I need is a straight thinker like you." He said patting Adrian's shoulder. "Your a killer and thats what I need. I need someone who can actually hope to stop them." Adrian shrugged. Knowing that if he stayed at Professor Oak's place he would at least know more about what was happening. But it seemed very exciting to try and stop Team rocket.

"Okay fine ill go." The Blaziken gave him back his pistol. The Blaziken quickly lit another cigarette up and puffed. Then he took what looked like a black leather jacket off a hook. "I thought you didn't want to wear clothing"

"Oh no thats just pokemon that want to go all natural. But I want to wear clothing due to what kind of an impact you can have on the person's psyche." Adrian nodded slowly not understanding what he was saying.

"Hang on I want to go buy something" Adrian walked towards a nearby clothing store.

Around 20 minutes later Adrian walked out of the clothing store wearing a white collared shirt. He placed his hoody into his saddle bag. Adrian began walking with the Blaziken towards Viridian Forest. "Hey whats your name?" He asked him.

"My name is Locke." He said to him as they walked inside the forest.

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Elvisinmyfridge is a friend of mine from FF.net. She helped beta read this chapter and help with the overall story

Chapter 10: Trails

ElvisInMyFridge beta-read this chapter.
Another suburban morning
Grandmother screaming at the wall
We have to shout above the din of our Rice Crispies
We can't hear anything at all

Syncronicity II - The Police
Adrian slowly walked with Locke keeping his distance. While walking, he quickly buttoned up his shirt somewhat and placed his pistol in his hand. The metal was freezing his skin, but he had to keep it at the ready. Locke seemed to ignore the weather completely. He just continued to walk along the trail to Pewter, as if nothing were wrong.

Locke lit up another cigarette. "You smoke?" Adrian shook his head slowly. Although that little ember of heat would feel good for a little bit, he didn't feel like hacking up a lung for the next little while. Locke seemed very different from the other Pokemon. Like he was still human. Almost. "Where do you think the Rockets are going to plant the gas?" He asked him. Locke shrugged slightly.

"I don't know. I've dealt with a lot of criminals before. I think they are going to land outside of Pewter instead of in the square like before. Maybe we can stop them before they can arm it." The forest soon became more dense. Adrian recognized it as the same foliage he had traversed through 5 years before.

Suddenly they both heard buzzing from far away. "Do you hear that?" Locke asked Adrian. Adrian nodded slowly. Adrian cocked his pistol and looked around. There was a slight rustling and something came out of a nearby bush. Adrian gasped when he looked at it. His breath was white and frozen when he exhaled.

The being was what looked like a Beedrill. But it was hybridized with a human. It was remotely human size. But its head was horribly disfigured and only had one wing. It looked like it was in pain. Locke ignited his wrists and blew fire at the Beedrill. However, as if anticipating this, the disfigured Beedrill jumped clearly over his blast. It charged towards Locke, who dodged its attack and backed up towards Adrian. Adrian seemed frozen, as if this horrible creature had turned his legs to stone.

"Come on. Kill it!" Adrian's attention suddenly snapped back. He took aim and fired. The Beedrill stumbled back. Adrian continued to fire until his clip ran out. The creature had already died within the first few shots.

"Must have been traces of the gas. Stupid Mother******." Locke kicked the Beedril's corpse. Adrian quickly reloaded his clip noticing he only had one other one left. Locke noticed his reloading.

"Simple and obsolete yet effective" Adrian nodded. "Okay lets keep moving." Adrian continued walking, forgetting about the horrible insect-like creature.

After walking for a few more minutes, Pewter City came into view. A rumbling came from overhead. They looked up and saw 3 planes flying toward Pewter. "Adrian, they've come faster then I expected." Adrian shrugged.

"Does it matter?" He yelled to Locke. Locke shook his head. They both ran through the rest of the forest towards Pewter, feeling a desire to stop these criminals before they attacked.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
hmmm... a powerless ex-human Mewtwo and an ex-human Blaziken that smokes... o_O

this is quite interesting! I think I'll follow this!

Back