• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
It's going to suck for those who start this on the 5th and 6th. If they're careless to not activate within 48 hours, too late.

I was up 15 minutes late today! I panicked as I got to the site, but relieved it was still ongoing.

I heard the tests are all made by JKR and are quite difficult. Well, more difficult than these entry tests with the magic quill. So it won't be easy going into your favorite houses! Hufflepuff gets the most flak just because JKR didn't exploit them well enough (so I've heard). Throughout the series we heard most of the other three houses and hardly much from Hufflepuff, except for a student death and Founders relations to the "external backup soul drives" (yeah, those things). So even if those other "quizzes" were biased and ridiculous, I may end up in Slytherin in Pottermore. :/ Which is not necessarily bad, but still...

I was wondering, wouldn't it be more challenging if they gave out a different question from the same book to every person who wanted in? So for GoF, there were a total of, I dunno, five questions, and each were given out as rotation, so everyone didn't have the same answer, and it would be hard to cheat. But I guess that involves a lot of random variables and they didn't have a lot of time to spend on it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
It's not just that, but other characters have thought the Hufflepuff house as dull and unremarkable. I remember Hagrid saying how they're a bunch of duffers, Malfoy said he'd leave if he were put there and Ron says something, but I can't remember what.

I don't see why those questions should be difficult...The Sorting Hat is supposed to consider what you want, as well...:( Unfair.

Years
omg...do you need to do all the Pottermore tests?
I only did the first one.
well, if i do get in, then i bet i'd be in Ravenclaw. I'm always put in it in online tests lol.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
No, just answer the question the first time, find the magic quill, and register--you're done. For fun, you can check out what the other questions are for the next few days (which I'm doing).

Interestingly enough, today's question won't appear in the early morning unlike the last three days. The window is from 9AM to 1PM EST.

I've also noticed this, but why are all times in standard time? It should be in daylight time, right? It's so confusing!

Guy

just a guy
Years
For those of you who haven't gotten the chance yet, the fourth clue is up on Pottermore right now.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I thought the question would tricky, given how it's written, but I guess not. I guess this starts the easy questions from here on out?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Got my registration in for Pottermore.
My username is LightCat201. :3

At first I was confused because the clue for the Quill it redirected me to this Sony Page. @___@

And yeah; the question was pretty simple; well, I was reading Goblet of Fire at the time anyway. xD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It's said that in the Q&A section for Pottermore. Days 1-3 will be harder and days 4-7 will be easier to get in. I'm assuming this would be so that the more hardcore Potterheads would get in and show the difference from the crowd or something. :P

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Down to 30 minutes?! Sheesh! It was 57 minutes yesterday. I guess I was right in thinking that the ideal times to get in were the first three days.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Today was the first day it was available at a not-completely-ridiculous time in North America, or at least the Eastern timezone. :x So that's why it filled up super fast.

I'm so glad the quill glitched and they just didn't bother with it. It's the only reason I was able to register since my phone certainly would not have been able to do the quill thing and since I was at work, that's all I had. XD; But I got in! My username is RainDust150 which isn't great, but all my other option had like... bludger in them. @_@

lmao when I realized I had lots of free time at work today, I panicked a bit and started reading the HP wiki for everything I could find on Goblet of Fire, especially trying to find numbers. "THIS DOESN'T LIST THE POINTS PEOPLE GOT IN TASKS. WHAT IF THEY ASK THAT!?!??!" I hadn't heard it was supposed to be easier from now on so when I saw the question I just kind of stared at it. XD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I really do wish there were better usernames to choose from, like IncendioDerp3 or other cool usernames. I registered and somehow found the magical quill I don't even know how I found it, I got LumosPumpkin66 which I like. I was tempted to go for WalnutPotion or whatever but I thought that'd be weird since I'm allergic to Walnuts. :P

Cherrim

Years
I agree. :( Or at least ditch the numbers. There must be SO many possible magical word combinations. I don't believe they could have exhausted them all.

Or if not that, they could have a refresh button so you get a new selection of usernames to choose from. >>

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Lightning said:
I agree. Or at least ditch the numbers. There must be SO many possible magical word combinations. I don't believe they could have exhausted them all.

Or if not that, they could have a refresh button so you get a new selection of usernames to choose from. >>

Yeah, if only they'd let me change the first word to a certain kind of broomstick!! :P

Today's clue will be revealed at a more convenient time as well, 11:30 ET or 12:30 ET (can't tell cause no one's noting the daylight saving difference). I know British standard time is the norm, they don't have daylight time. But for the US, come on...please make it consistent.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The clue is up, y'all. I imagine it won't be up for longer, though.

Cherrim

Years
Last clues are gonna be 1:30-4:30pm BST tomorrow and 12:30-3:00am BST ON Saturday. :X Good luck everyone!

I tried a few more emails hoping for better usernames but all of them sucked so I abandoned the registration pages. I have begun to warm up to my original username as a result. :P

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Heh, now the times are all over the place. And are they getting easy or what? XD

Lightning said:
I tried a few more emails hoping for better usernames but all of them sucked so I abandoned the registration pages.

Doesn't doing this hurt those who really want to get in by taking away these? But then it doesn't matter as long as you don't validate the account. :/

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Birch, 12 1/2 inches
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: a pony

I loved the series so much. Going to wake up at 8 AM to get the quill. :P I missed every chance so far. Following Mugglecast and the pottermore twitter though. With tweetdeck I should get instand notification and hopefully it won't be to hard. : < Hopefully the question will involve something that happened in the movie because I just watched it. Or something that I can check the wiki for. : /

Back