• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've taken some time to really think about the personalities of Ash's girl companions. Dawn is easily my favorite. She's the most like Ash, I suppose. However, I think May fits better together with Ash in a romantic relationship :3 Misty, well sure, but they were more like hateloving siblings. Don't kill me now, Pokéshippers! And Iris, no really she was never even close to becoming romantically involved with Ash in my eyes.

So imo, Dawn is Ash's best girl friend and May has got a bigger chance at eventually hooking up with him ;3 However, with supergirly Serena strutting around, I guess that's far off in the distance.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Are my eyes deceiving me? Or does the main girl actually have a canon crush on Ash?

XY had my curiosity, but now it has my attention.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I want Serena to be treated like a extremely cute girl who attract the attention of all the boys around her .
Like a ''Popular Girl'' Stereotype in Anime !
I want to see Boys fawning over her , getting jealous of Ash & doing stupid funny thing for her.
I want boy to be like this when she walk in the street-
Spoiler:

I think this way this shipping will be interesting and writer will find a new source of Humor .
Currently Amourshipping is simply Normal One-sided feeling of a girl .
However , This is an Anime , Not real life .
In here Things has to be ''Interesting'' , Not ''Normal''.
Because Normal is plain & boring

Jalsy

RESET
Years
Amourshipping is really something. It has taken the popularity of a shipping even before XY series ever aired. For some reasons I like it, the flashbacks scenes were cute and Serena's admiration for Ash seems to be growing..stronger. hmm.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I find it funny all the people who disliked Dawn or Pearlshipping now like Amourshipping because outside of the childhood angle it's practically the same thing.

Serena's personality and mannerisms are nearly identical to Dawn's just without the coordinator aspect. In fact I honestly can't distinguish Serena's personality from Dawn's except for being a bit more shy I think?

We haven't had much shipping in the anime since AG though so its nice to have it back. Never understood why people shipped Dawn with Ash myself because they felt like siblings and Dawn was the least interested in romance of all of Ash's companions (except for Iris) so it was odd.

And yeah, Pokeshipping is just never going to be brought up again since the writers don't care to give Misty episodes anymore since like 2005 rofl.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
you know ,
I honestly like Anime's where the protagonist/Hero has a crush on a beautiful girl !!!!
It make the Anime more interesting for me however it doesn't seem possible in Pokemon since Ash is so clueless .
Hypothetically , If Ash does get replace then I hope the new Protagonist will not be as clueless as Ash & he will have a deep crush on a idol-like girl .

Farawayz

I'm new here! Hello!
Years
(I'm gonna barge in on the convo here)
SerenaxAsh is cute. But Serena sort of reminds me of dawn. Cause, Dawn looked up to Ash in the Sinnoh seasons, and it seemed like she had a crush on him (according to many fans). It's probably the same game with Serena.

Who knows? I could be wrong, and it could end up something completely different from DawnxAsh. Like Serena acting like a mix of misty and dawn. I'd sort of like to see those two personalities in Serena, it'd make things interesting.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Recalling DP, I don't think that Dawn, from an objective viewpoint, had any significant crushing on Ash.

I don't feel that Serena reminds me of Dawn or Misty though. Her maturity seems in the middle between early Dawn and Misty overall. And she must be the first "undeclared major" ever in the show. I wouldn't be surprised if this culminates in that she just wanted to follow Ash around, which could end romantically or dramatically. Furthermore, she's demonstrated to be three-dimensional as a character in merely the first 8 episodes of the season.

Here's the catch: we see her three-dimensionality being driven and fleshed out by Ash. How else would she have been motivated to venture out? To question her preassigned Rhyhorn racing experience and at the same time find herself teaching it? Ash is, for all practical purposes, Serena's main motivation and evolutionary mechanism. I'll be damned if she doesn't turn out to be the most interesting character in the show for a long time, if not ever, when the series is over.

Farawayz

I'm new here! Hello!
Years
(This is a reply too Godot17)
Probably, but she still reminds me of Misty, the fact that she started travelling with Ash randomly, is sort of like Misty, how because of her Bike she followed Ash. Serena (in my opinion) reflects some characteristics of Misty/Dawn.
But then again that's just me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
MAX x BONNIE
FOURTHWHEELSHIPPING
MY FAVOURITE

Seriously they would be adorable together oh my god can we have a spin-off where they adventure together as trainers?? that would be so cute

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
(This is a reply too Godot17)
Probably, but she still reminds me of Misty, the fact that she started travelling with Ash randomly, is sort of like Misty, how because of her Bike she followed Ash. Serena (in my opinion) reflects some characteristics of Misty/Dawn.
But then again that's just me.

Serena really isn't anything like Misty though outside of the crush. She's far similar to Dawn with her love for fashion and girliness. She's also similar to May in being unsure of her goals.

Really Serena is pretty much the total opposite of Misty in every way.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Since Serena crush seem to be confirmed , I hope writer do everything they couldn't do in previous series without making the cast girl fall for Ash .

Farawayz

I'm new here! Hello!
Years
Serena really isn't anything like Misty though outside of the crush. She's far similar to Dawn with her love for fashion and girliness. She's also similar to May in being unsure of her goals.

Really Serena is pretty much the total opposite of Misty in every way.

I know that's what I was referring too. She's only like Misty because of the crush. But Like Dawn in every other way. I guess you could say she was like may.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Does anyone notice the Serena is the second cute girl to fall for Ash ???
Anabel , Macy and Macy aren't really cute at all ! They may not be ugly but they aren't cute , They are average-looking .
While Rest of the girls feeling in unconfirmed !
Misty was the only cute girl to fall for Ash until Serena.
Its not that I hate short boyish hair girl , Honestly I find some shot boyish hair girl hot however Anabel & Angie aren't one of them .
I mean they aren't in the same level as this girl-
205933.jpg

Z

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Kalo is based on France that represent Beauty & Love.
So If Ash ever suppose to have a Harem then this is the right region !!
Some of you might say that Ash already have a Harem but those girl lives world apart from each other So you can't enjoy it.
I like to see what happen when there is atleast 3 girl in one series that love's Ash.
That would make the show interesting .
Current if They simply show Serena alone crushing on Ash then soon it will get boring.
Here are the candidates -

-Serena , Childhood friend

-Rival , A wealthy girl with similar personality as Ash's Snivy .

-A popular pop-Idol who leaving secret live as a challenger.

-A flirt girl like Green (Pokespe) who usually flirt with Ash.

-A Rich girl like Plantina (Pokespe) who like to experience different thing.

-A prodigy & idol who act like ''Innocent Cutesy Girl'' outside but inside she is a sadistic with foulmouthed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back