• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
the 25 slots can freeze your game if you catch them?
I plan to edit the 25 slots into a 4th gen pokemon's so I'm wondering what will happen.
also if a pokemon will evolve into the 25 slots(magmar into magmortar)can this also freeze the game?

No. I've tried it and nothing went wrong. :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
I've been looking all over the place for hex numbers of sounds. I just can't find any.
Well okay I've found like 3 but I know there are many more sounds within the game that I could use.
If it makes a difference I'm using XSE and the "sound" command. Please give me a list of the numbers, or a link to a page with them

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I know this is a stupid question, and I have searched for hours, but how do you compile a script using XSE? I compiled a Yes/No Script to test it out, and there was more than one offset.

And, once I do compile it, how do I use it in Advance Map?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Say if I wanted to replace an image with Unlz.gba, and that my image is bigger than the original, I would have to repoint it, right? Well, using HackMew's Free Space Finder, how am I supposed to know how many free space bytes to search for? Also if I made a script, how am I supposed to know how many bytes it takes up?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Say if I wanted to replace an image with Unlz.gba, and that my image is bigger than the original, I would have to repoint it, right? Well, using HackMew's Free Space Finder, how am I supposed to know how many free space bytes to search for? Also if I made a script, how am I supposed to know how many bytes it takes up?
I don't know about scripts, but, after you're done with your image, right-click on it and view it's size using 'properties'. Add 10 bytes to the result and search for the exact amount on FSF.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I don't know about scripts, but, after you're done with your image, right-click on it and view it's size using 'properties'. Add 10 bytes to the result and search for the exact amount on FSF.
I exported the male Cool Trainer sprite from FireRed, then checked it's size. Apparently, it's 1,429 bytes. Does a 64x64 sprite really take up that much space? Since I've successfully replaced trainer sprites by searching for 512 bytes. I asked because I thought a 64x64 would take up less space than 512 bytes.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
I exported the male Cool Trainer sprite from FireRed, then checked it's size. Apparently, it's 1,429 bytes. Does a 64x64 sprite really take up that much space? Since I've successfully replaced trainer sprites by searching for 512 bytes. I asked because I thought a 64x64 would take up less space than 512 bytes.
Yes, they do take that much when exported. But you should index an image first and check it afterwards...

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
I am making some level scripts in Celadon City in FR using AdvanceMap and XSE.

I want level scripts for two separate buildings. When I change the script offset to point to my level script, the script offset of the other building also changes to point to the same offset. So right now it seems impossible to create two separate level scripts using these maps.

The obvious solution is to use a different map, but I was wondering if there was an easier way. I am also curious if anyone knows why this happens with some maps, but not others.

Does anyone have any ideas?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
you can always compare vars. So if one script appears it add 1 and checks one same has the other and make sure not to use 1 as the var value if you are to do so put 5 or something and make sure it doesn't reach 5 unless you want it too.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is there a Pokemon platinium gba hack?
(that has been significantly developed i.e atleast 50% complete)

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Has anyone successfully inserted more OWS with JPANs hacked engine? If so,can you explain to me what I need to do?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Which one is most complete(could be hack of diamond,pearl or platinum)?
This is an example of the kinds of hacks that are used on these versions for now. You could surf the internet for others such as Bloody Platinum, Pearl Complete or etc.

The most recommended you should play though, is the one I mentioned above. It's in the early stage of hacking though.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Can anyone tell me where can I find indexed sprites of sinnoh(d/p)
elite 4 and champion (cynthia) which can be inserted using advance trainer??

I searched it but could find only Sinnoh pokemon sprite pack?

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is there a way to change trainer's eyes in ruby. The text for example

Not quite sure what u meant by trainers eye but if u wanna change text

U can use a program know as advance text (search for it in p.c forms or just google it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back