• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 1, 2019
The rules I have don't mention anything about this, and I couldn't find any answer from Googling it. Had it happen recently, and wasn't sure what to do.

When you KO a Pokémon in a way other than with an attack, (like poisoned or burned damage between turns) do you still get to take a prize card?
Also, what about if your opponent's Pokémon KOs itself? Like when it's confused?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
The rules I have don't mention anything about this, and I couldn't find any answer from Googling it. Had it happen recently, and wasn't sure what to do.

When you KO a Pokémon in a way other than with an attack, (like poisoned or burned damage between turns) do you still get to take a prize card?
Also, what about if your opponent's Pokémon KOs itself? Like when it's confused?

Yes, unless specified otherwise you always take a prize for a knockout

Years

In all of those scenarios, you take a prize card, as the Pokemon has been KO'd. It's not covered in the rules because a KO is a KO as far as taking prizes is concerned. The only thing that prevents it is if there's an ability or effect that reduces the number of prizes taken when you KO a Pokemon.

A case where you wouldn't is if an effect of a card or attack effect puts a Pokemon directly into their discard or their hand as part of the effect.

Back