• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music favorite albums of 2019 so far?

GreasyGarlic

Banned
Years
Probably Igor cause other than that it's been kinda dry release wise. Been listening to a ton of leaks cause of that.

Cid

Years
Madame X by Madonna, 11:11 by Maluma, and Sing to Me Instead by Ben Platt. But that's only because I haven't listened to a lot, so I'll be following this thread for the replies. 👀

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
1. Cuz I Love You- Lizzo
2. When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - Billie Eilish
3. Father of the Bride- Vampire Weekend
4. Wasteland, Baby!- Hozier
5. thank u, next - Ariana Grande
6. Dedicated- Carly Rae Jepsen
7. Doom Days- Bastille
8. False Alarm- Two Door Cinema Club
9. The Big Day- Chance the Rapper
10. 7 (EP)- Lil Nas X

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I have a top 10 of the year so far...

1. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You
Infectious empowering hooks are everywhere and I've been living for her for a while. It's exciting to see her get noticed!​
2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated
Better than Emotion, sheer pop perfection, we had to stan.​
3. Sigrid - Sucker Punch
A chance discovery this year but I'm utterly in love.​
4. Maggie Rogers - Heard It In a Past Life
Like the above, I had no idea who she was until this year and I'm obsessed.​
5. Solange - When I Get Home
Solange always makes captivating and deep ass music, this album has some amazing production too. A lot of replay value for me.​
6. Banks - III
Was very impressed when I heard this. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is​
7. Marina - Love + Fear
This album gets an unfair rep. Being a more accessible album doesn't make it bad, definitely chalks up to a lot of its strength actually.​
8. Madonna - Madame X
Initially way higher, but I came to my senses a bit — definitely her most enjoyable body of work since 2005's Confessions!​
9. Tyler, the Creator - Igor
I actually can't pinpoint what exactly makes this album so good to me but I love it.​
10. IDER - Emotional Education
Good melodies and amazing harmonies... wig​

I know for a fact this list is in danger tho! It will change. Honourable mentions for Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising, Ariana Grande - Thank u, Next, Two Door - False Alarm and Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride. It's been a very good year for music so far imo

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
why would i listen to a whole album when i can just have old town road on repeat

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
1.100 gecs - 1000 gecs
2. rico nasty - anger management
3. carly rae jepsen - dedicated
4. tyler the creator - igor
5. solange - when i get home

Bay

Years
Marina's LOVE + FEAR is also perhaps my top one this year. I always listen to the whole album whenever I'm relistening to it. Ariana's Thank U, Next was also enjoyable.

A few more albums I've listened to that hasn't been mentioned yet here are The Black Key's "Let's Rock", Rob Thomas's "Chip Tooth Smile" (though I much prefer his 2015 album The Great Unknown), and The Mountain Goats's "In League With Dragons".

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Well let's see, in no particular order...

Dedicated by CRJ.
False Alarm by Two Door Cinema Club.
All The Feels by Fitz & The Tantrums.
Casual Island by Jane's Party.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I like:

The Big Day by Chance the Rapper
Young Enough by Charly Bliss
Goes West by William Tyler

Back