• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I just signed up to two events. WOO I AM PUMPED UP FOR SOME WRITIN'. YEEEEEAH.

Best of luck to everyone who enters. :D

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I'm really hoping that signing up for seven events won't come back to bite me later. It probably will. xD

I'm really excited for this though. It's going to be fuuuuuuuun.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
It's been awhile since I've done anything RP wise on here but I suppose it doesn't matter.

I've been participating in RP's, just not RP's on here.

The reason? Well... there are several. But there's no reason for me to go into that.

I just posted it, so, I'll be participating in this "Roleplay Olympics" as well.

This should be... interesting. To say the least.

I don't expect to actually win anything though. So, basically, I've got nothing to lose by doing this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey guys!

After SwiftSign's valiant efforts, the Roleplay Corner now has an irc channel! For those who have no idea what that is, the RPC now has its own little section in the PokéCommunity chat.

If you'd like to join us, just log into the chat and type /join #PCRP when you've logged in.

If you need more information about the chat, click this to see the information thread. Hope to see you there!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Role Play Olympics? ZOMFG, this will be extremely cool! I'm totally in on this! However, I can see how people from the Fanfic Corner will come and wipe the floor with a good amount of us... Well, at least me I presume.

I wouldn't say that. In past experiences I've found that fanfiction writers that try to jump into roleplay thinking the two things are basically exchangeable wind up... making a lot of serious mistakes.

In other news, I decidedly have no interest in competitive roleplaying.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I've joined the RPO! Good luck to everyone, & have fun!

I'm still waiting for anyone that would like to be Co-GM for my RP, Kid Icarus: Light & Dark Unite. I'll definitely include a tornament, & maybe the Aurum. It's still in process of being made, so ideas would be really helpful.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The IRC Channel is still being worked on, but in the meantime everyone is welcome to join!

I'll be in there if y'all want to talk about RP or just chill (I'm Meloetta or RyanLochte). Kudos to Swifty for the idea. It's fabulous. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You can also get an IRC client. If you have Firefox, you can install chatzilla, which is the one I use. There's a lot of clients to use, but I won't list them all. But Chatzilla is the one I'd recommend. There's also Mibbit, quite simple.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I feel ancient and boring now. In the middle of August, I will be very busy with university stuff and probably not have time nor energy to try and post much in RPs. So I don't dare to join the RPO because I'm not sure I'll be able to participate >.< Bad timing.

Great thing with the RP chat!

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Aww, Android and the RP chat are non compatable. I can't get any type of Java on here....sadface.

Buuuuut.....I must say the RPC looks fun! Anytime I have access to a computer I'll check it out!

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
To anyone who can answer my question;

Starting to work on my own RP, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me, what are the ratings that we have to put in the title?
Like I know what they are for, I mean what are the accepted ons on here, what letters and what each one stands for.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
To anyone who can answer my question;

Starting to work on my own RP, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me, what are the ratings that we have to put in the title?
Like I know what they are for, I mean what are the accepted ons on here, what letters and what each one stands for.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ^_^
Well, if you check out the rules, there is a list there.

But, we follow the book ratings, which are K, K+, T and M.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Hello everyone.

As you may know/not know, I signed up for the RPO. However, I need a teammate for battle. If anyone is interested, please shoot me a message.

And note on the Renaissance RP, I have the general plot worked out, and it is pretty multi-layered, so it should be fun.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Baker's Bulbasaur - is it a journey RP? 83

I'm poking Kanto's Rebirth and stalking Pangaea and I'm wondering what the best course of action would be: to post in Rebirth again to try and spur the other players on, or stalk Pangaea until it miraculously lives up and lets me join. Or remake one of my own old RPs...

It might be sad when RPs die, but as long as they were fun to play in for as long as they lasted, I think it's ok. Sometimes people grow bored of what they are doing and want something fresh. And sometimes they love what they are doing so much so that they want to see it through til the end. And yet sometimes the GM more or less mysteriously disappears for reasons of their own. ;;

That totally wasn't just to get some stuff off my chest lol yea it was

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
LOL has Turkish been on? I would have posted by now if I'd seen him. And I'm still into Pangaea but I don't know who is still in. I'd like to see Arcanum come back. Or Neo Kanto. but no.

@ Baker's Bulbasaur. Officially. Curious.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm poking Kanto's Rebirth and stalking Pangaea and I'm wondering what the best course of action would be: to post in Rebirth again to try and spur the other players on, or stalk Pangaea until it miraculously lives up and lets me join. Or remake one of my own old RPs...

It might be sad when RPs die, but as long as they were fun to play in for as long as they lasted, I think it's ok. Sometimes people grow bored of what they are doing and want something fresh. And sometimes they love what they are doing so much so that they want to see it through til the end. And yet sometimes the GM more or less mysteriously disappears for reasons of their own. ;;

It's a shame when they die early though :[ I was about 2 hours out of joining Pangaea- Hopefully Swan can tie it all back together!

From a GM point of view, people dropping out is a total pain. I've had a few people drop out for a variety of reasons, I'm hoping none of them were just covering for 'boredom' as otherwise I'd try more to fix that! As it is S.S. Anne is picking up the pace now so hopefully I can keep most of the people who are a part of it.

People who disappear/just ignore are the worst though ><.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
@ Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers - In a sense, it's a journey/tournament/save the world one. Trying to get it right before I start it, I want it to be long enough that it will provide entertainment for a good while, but not so endless that it has potential to fizzle and die, I want to make an RP that will last, but actually finish.

@Fuyu - Glad to hear it, you're a player I would love to have on board when it gets started. Hoping to have a sign up thread up within a week!

Also can anyone tell me;
With the RPO, there is an announcement saying that it has started, but what about events such as Escape where we need to be provided with our situation?
Or am I being dense again and missing something...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back