• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
First off, I want to thank you for at least taking some interest in this. I would like to point out that this isn't meant to "compete" with any other Platinum Hack on the internet. Rather, it is meant to provide a new and possibly fun experience. Now, onto the information.

FlawlessPlatinumLogoTrans_zps0e636fc8.png

Hack of: Pokemon Platinum (U)
Most Recent Version: 3.1 (December 31, 2014)
Download: Link

Changes with the new patch are listed in the Changelog document.

Features:
003_zps36a05ee7.png

National Dex given at the start​
As far as I know, Flawless Platinum is the first publicly available Platinum hack in which the player is given the National Dex at the start. This means that you no longer have to see every Pokémon in Sinnoh to do the post-game.

001_zps5789c7da.png
010_zps2b62b62c.png

Pokémon have been edited.​
Like most 386, 493, and 649 hacks, the base stats, types, movesets, evolution means, and abilities of some Pokemon have been altered. I will admit, many of these were inspired by other hacks. Not all of them, however, were done in that regard, such as the type change pictured. All trade evolutions have been edited and all happiness evolutions have been changed to levels.

006_zps7e2e4cf2.png
007_zps056e8494.png
015_zpsfa7d93f9.png

All trainers have been edited​
Well, except one. Other than that, all battles were edited and all non-legendary Pokémon can be seen before the Elite Four without Team Galactic.

002_zpsfa9a2137.png
005_zpsed59d125.png

Wild Pokémon have been changed​
This wouldn't be a 493 hack without changing wild Pokémon. All unevolved Pokémon can be obtained one way or another, mostly through wild encounters

011_zps64fd80a6.png
009_zps4dd939d1.png

Pokémon found through non-traditional means have been edited.​
This includes the Trophy Garden, the Great Marsh, and Poké Radar Pokémon (Which is how you get the starters and things like the Electrode above). However, this does not include GBA insertion Pokémon (For obvious reasons) and Swarm Pokémon (Which cannot be edited).

004_zpsda94fcc1.png
018_zps986cebf2.png

Certain NPC's will give you rare or useful items​
These include the Poké Radar, Evolution Stones, Fossils, and TM's.

016_zps0f5f0b5a.png
021_zpsd977013e.png
022_zpse6bef6b4.png

All Overworld Pokémon have had their levels increased.​
Basically, if it can be otained in the overworld, it's at a higher level. This includes Gift Pokémon, aside from your starter.

017_zpse50e5004.png
020_zps17308aa2.png

No more Roaming Pokémon​
You are no longer required to chase after any Pokémon for hours. You can now spend hours trying to catch them while they don't move!

019_zpsbbf4db0b.png

All Legendary Pokémon can be found across Sinnoh​
Though this image does not show it (Since that would reveal the exact location of at least one Legendary), you can find all Legendary Pokémon sitting in the Overworld. The above image shows which ones are obtainable prior to beating the Elite Four.

013_zps309795fe.png
008_zpsd19c88d3.png

Certain events are doable without any specific items or Pokémon​
You are able to access Rotom's forms and the Regis without the Secret Key or Event Regigigas. Also, the three event items from DP are obtainable in-game.

FAQ:
Why should I play your hack over another?
Well, I honestly don't know. I'm a new face to the hacking scene, so the experience from this might be a bit different. Also the fact that no two hacks are exactly the same comes to mind.

You mentioned that you had many things inspired by other hacks. Did you just copy everything?
A little bit for some things. Otherwise, I simply looked at some of the ideas other people had and worked with them.

How far is the editing and will I have to wait for another version of this to complete it?
Aside from bug fixes and minor updates, the version of this hack that is available is complete. You can play the game from start to finish without having to stop at a certain place unless an uncaught bug prevents you from advancing.

What are the starters for this hack?
They remain unchanged from the Vanilla game.

Where can I catch/see X?
There is a document for Wild Pokémon and trainer battles enclosed with the patch

Bugs:
Waitthatsnotright_zps64e6af49.png

(Yes, this is an actual bug that I encountered and actually left in because it was funny, correcting it caused problems elsewhere, and it doesn't affect playing the game whatsoever.)​
-Trainers like Twins have strange names because of a bug that is actually unfixable.
-For some reason, wiping after getting the bike without healing anywhere else causes you to be sent to Eterna City. Currently looking into a fix.

Tools used:
PPRE 0.12 and 0.14
WPEDS
HTPE
SGPE
TGPE
DPTrade
.btx Editor

Credits:
The creators of all of those tools
Drayano for inspiring me to start this project with Blaze Black and Volt White
You for at least taking the time to look at this

Please, tell me of any sort of bug or error, no matter how minor it is. They may not necessarily get fixed immediately, but I want this to be as bug free as possible.

Last edited:

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Amazing, i'm sure going to nuzlocke this :3 and i love how machoke evolves by level up while knowing cross chop its a really good way to evolve since i think 4th gen introduced this kind of evolution

blue

gucci
Years
Assuming this is your first hack, this is looking very impressive! I like the changes that you've made in-game, I'll download this and I'll try and give feedback if needed.

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I patched it with XDelta GUI and it didn't make a patched rom file, so the patch doesn't work, sorry.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Amazing, i'm sure going to nuzlocke this :3 and i love how machoke evolves by level up while knowing cross chop its a really good way to evolve since i think 4th gen introduced this kind of evolution

I thought having it evolve by level would be a bit predictable. Also, thanks for trying this!

Assuming this is your first hack, this is looking very impressive! I like the changes that you've made in-game, I'll download this and I'll try and give feedback if needed.

It isn't my first hack, but it's my first attempt at Gen IV hacking. Thanks for trying this!

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I patched it with XDelta GUI and it didn't make a patched rom file, so the patch doesn't work, sorry.

Strange. Well, I'll try and get it to work with xDelta GUI, but I've always had problems getting that to work with any patch. For the time being, I recommend DeltaPatcher, which is one I know works.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
This is sweet! I like how you've made it more balanced, as i've seen other Platinum hacks only making the legendaries catchable post-game. However, in this hack it balances it out so some of them you can catch before. I'm going to play this soon! It look great. I wish you luck on this and for other hacks. :)~

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Great looking hack! Looks more balanced so far, with the level curve, compared to other platinum hacks I've seen. Looking forward to more!

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years

Okay, I looked into it and I figured out the reason why it won't work, and it's a rather stupid one at that. Because of the way xDelta works, you need to use the same base rom I used. I'll be making a slight update to the patch shortly that will include instructions for this.

This is sweet! I like how you've made it more balanced, as i've seen other Platinum hacks only making the legendaries catchable post-game. However, in this hack it balances it out so some of them you can catch before. I'm going to play this soon! It look great. I wish you luck on this and for other hacks. :)~

Thanks! I've noticed that with not just Platinum Hacks, but other ones as well. It didn't really seem right because of the way the normal games do it.

Great looking hack! Looks more balanced so far, with the level curve, compared to other platinum hacks I've seen. Looking forward to more!

Thank you! As for the level curve, I had a rule that I tried to follow when it came to the levels: The highest level Pokemon of the last Gym became the level of Pokemon that were the only ones that the trainer had. (Ex. The last Gym had a Level 5 as the highest, so the highest level Pokemon you fight after that is Level 5 if the trainer only has one)

The slight update to this will include one of the things on my list of things to do in addition to the patching instructions.

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
Thanks for the fix on XDelta GUI patch, I also love this game after patching it with XDelta Patcher.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Great job...I will defenitley look into this one...might do an LP in the future so check out my youtube channel and of course I will leave feedback

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2023
This is a great hack. I love how there's so many great, beneficial changes to all the pokemon making every single pokemon in the Pokedex usable! This might just be the greatest Sinnoh hack I've seen yet.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
hi! it freezes when i try to go on Cycling Road. like i get a complete black screen. i hear the music, but no image. what's going on? also, i can't leave Eterna City to get Rotom or Celebi, 'cause this kid keeps on telling me to go on Cycling Road, but as i said before, i can't. help!

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
You need to go north of Oreburgh then go through Mt. Coronet to get to Hearthome, after you've beaten the Team Galactic part of Eterna City.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
hi! it freezes when i try to go on Cycling Road. like i get a complete black screen. i hear the music, but no image. what's going on? also, i can't leave Eterna City to get Rotom or Celebi, 'cause this kid keeps on telling me to go on Cycling Road, but as i said before, i can't. help!

Okay, so I figured out what is wrong. However, the only way to fix it is to recreate the .narc file with a new, unedited one. Unfortunately, that is going to take a bit. I'll try to get the new version up as soon as possible, but that means that the hack will be unplayable until then. I can try to find a temporary work around, but that may make Route 206 and Wayward Cave unaccessable until its completely fixed.

And here I thought I'd fixed all of the freezing. :\

EDIT: Okay, that didn't take nearly as long as I though it would. The new patch will allow you to progress through the game. The dialogue of one character may not make you believe this, but you can go to Cycling Road and Route 206 without the game freezing.

Last edited:

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
thank you! can i use it w/ my old save file?

EDIT: it works, but i can't activate catching Celebi! like, i found it, but i can't 'talk' to it. i go up to it, press 'A' and nothing. tried from ALL four sides. do i have to get a specific item to catch it?

Last edited:

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
EDIT: it works, but i can't activate catching Celebi! like, i found it, but i can't 'talk' to it. i go up to it, press 'A' and nothing. tried from ALL four sides. do i have to get a specific item to catch it?

Okay, not really sure what went wrong there. I guess the data for it didn't save for whatever reason. I've got it working now, and updated the v1.3 patch with it. No item needed.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
ok, so now i can catch Celebi, but when i try to go BACK on cycling road, black screen again.

eye%20twitch.png

My face when

Okay, NOW I KNOW THIS IS FIXED! I have tested both going to Cycling Road and talking to Celebi, and they both work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Haven't been on here in a long time. I had been working on my own Platinum hack after being inspired by Drayano (sound familiar?) but this looks like it will blow what meager progress I've made out of the window.

Started playing, but my game keeps crashing when your rival bumps into you as he leaves his house (I can't even get my first Pokemon?!).

Not sure what could be causing it, but any ideas on solutions would be a great help.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Haven't been on here in a long time. I had been working on my own Platinum hack after being inspired by Drayano (sound familiar?) but this looks like it will blow what meager progress I've made out of the window.

Started playing, but my game keeps crashing when your rival bumps into you as he leaves his house (I can't even get my first Pokemon?!).

Not sure what could be causing it, but any ideas on solutions would be a great help.

Are you using the most recent version? If you aren't I suggest that first. If you are, it's an easy fix on my end.

Back