• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Where did you put your secret base?

Years
secretbase.png

Secret bases were introduced in R/S/E as fun little rooms that you could decorate with a wide range of furniture and accessories. Where did you put yours? Did you ever mix records with other plays to obtain their secret base information? Aaaaand do you have a favorite secret base location?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I placed it on Route 115, on that island where Jigglypuff can be found in the west, because not everyone knows that the place exists at all, so I thought it'd be funny to put it there. And yes, I have mixed records with two people.

Sirfetch’d

Mine were everywhere actually! Though I had a thing where I only liked using the ones in trees or bushes. I was never a fan of making them in walls haha. Not exactly sure as to why because now I do enjoy making them there D:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I put mine in Route 118 near the fishermen. Its my favorite Secret Base area in the entire game because of how square it is, and it even went to Alpha Sapphire where my SSB is also in that same area.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
I have it at the bottom of route 120. The layout of the base is really great, it's right near a whole bunch of dirt to plant berries, it's near a lady that hands out a free berry every day, it's right near registeel's house, and there's an invisible kecleon right beside the base's door you can keep there as a pet/guard. Easily my favourite base location.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
On the Cycling Road route, directly south of Mauville, there's a secret base tree on a small island in the lake. This is where I'd always put my base. I believe it was in the left side, because it had the multiple "rooms" in it that I'd use to theme my decorations.

To this day my Emerald version is saved at that spot.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
If I remember correctly, i set up my base near the bridge that connect Slateport and Mauville city. I think it's the best i find so far but maybe there's a lot more better base but i'm too lazy to explore. :p

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
Years
Personally me, my base was located on Route 119 near Fortree. For some odd reason I always liked the atmosphere there, sort of like a calm area, with nothing but rain, and a pretty rad route theme!

Years
I was pretty much like Chase in that I moved mine to so many different areas, because I could never pick a place to put it. Sadly that didn't translate in the remakes because well, I was busy with other stuff.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
My favorite location is on Route 120, between my two favorite cities, with moody weather and a private garden. You have to use cut to get to it and you can plant berries. I like the layout as well :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, hm. The best base I had of all my files is in Emerald and it's... You know the beach north of Rustboro? And you Surf further up from there and it's the area where Jigglypuff is and a few trainers? It's there in a tree. My best friend in 7th grade had his base right on the other side of the tree. My file is so old that we're still on there and next to each other, aha. Good stuff.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I don't remember the route, but it was in that hidden tree path (by the one in the middle of the lake).

And in the remakes, I remember choosing one of those deserted islands far away from the mainland.

Seclusion and the inner layout is the deciding factor for me. It's gotta have both.

I generally avoid the ones that are just squares (too boring) or the ones in heavily traveled routes. (Not really secret then, huh?)

Back