• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
when i make wild battle script the sprite disipears after the battle then comes back if you leave the area and come back
some one plz help

You must use a "setflag" to keep the sprite from re-appearing.
Set the user-ID of the sprite to the flag you set after the battle, and the sprite will stay gone.

Now, I have a question:

Is it possible to make a 4th-gen combat system in Emerald?
I mean, where the moves are phisical/special depending on the move instead of the type?

And is it possible to add new types, and determine wether they are special or physical?
If so, it might be possible to add all types again, but then in a "reverse" way (so fire, ice ect. will be physical, and dark, steel ect. will be special).

Is there anyone that can help me out here?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Is it possible to make a 4th-gen combat system in Emerald?
Theoretically, anything is possible. In practice, however, changing the physical/special system would require a very large amount of ASM work that has not been done before or documented in any way, shape, or form.

In short, "If you have to ask, no."
And is it possible to add new types, and determine wether they are special or physical?
New types can be added, but I don't see mentions of physical/special in Coolboyman's type tutorial, and Cy-chan says he can only add special types to the game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
How would one go about changing the items given to you by Gym Leaders when you beat them?
I assume it's either (using Brock ans an example)
additem 0x147 0x1
or
giveitem2 0x147 0x1 0x101
My guess is one's an item and one's a badge? The thing is I have no idea which is which, or what code correlates to which item (I.E. poton, super potion, repel, TMxx etc etc).. Is there a list anywhere or something I could use for reference?

I should so just find someone else to do the scripting.. I rather suck at it lol

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Alright, I'll try this one more time

As far as I can tell, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary (I don't use advance text or anything like that), but out of nowhere, for some reason, when the game displays an apostrophe or a quotation mark in a message box, a weird little "phantom" comma appears under it. Anyone know how to fix or get rid of this?

And now I have another quick question...

How exactly would I go about adding a trainerbattle in the middle of a script so that after the battle is finished, the script continues (like when you fight your rival at various points in Fire Red). Whenever I try to do this, the script ends right after the battle, and therefore doesn't set the flags that I need to be set.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Alright, I'll try this one more time

As far as I can tell, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary (I don't use advance text or anything like that), but out of nowhere, for some reason, when the game displays an apostrophe or a quotation mark in a message box, a weird little "phantom" comma appears under it. Anyone know how to fix or get rid of this?

And now I have another quick question...

How exactly would I go about adding a trainerbattle in the middle of a script so that after the battle is finished, the script continues (like when you fight your rival at various points in Fire Red). Whenever I try to do this, the script ends right after the battle, and therefore doesn't set the flags that I need to be set.

For the battle use
trainerbattle 0x1 0xbattle number from A-trainer/PET 0x0 @pointer to text before battle @pointer to text after battle @pointer to events after battle

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
I need some help. When I insert music into the game, all it does is sound like a bunch of bleeps and bloops. I have like 5 midis, and everyone does it. Please help.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2009
A small question, do scripts that unlocks or activate the National Dex affect the Elite Four in anyway? I mean Gameshark codes mention something about if you use these codes before reaching Saffron city, you won't be able to fight the E4 in their first stages. I'm curious to see if they do or not.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2012
How Do i Change the Sprite Pictures on Advacned Map cause i was looking at a Ruby hack and this guy had like Darkrai Girantina Palkia Dialga Pictures you could pick with Advance Map can some one help me with this thx !

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
Ive looked around but haven't found anything why is it whenever I move a trainer in A-map then try to battle them in game after the battle I cant move my person but I can only move the person I just battled help is much appreciated.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I need some help. When I insert music into the game, all it does is sound like a bunch of bleeps and bloops. I have like 5 midis, and everyone does it. Please help.

those midi's are using the wrong instruments in the music offset, I assume.
there's a document of instruments in the Documents and Tutorials section.

Anyone know how to extract sprites from platinum? If so please tel me!

why not just search for sprites in the web, e.g., Spriters Resource.

How Do i Change the Sprite Pictures on Advacned Map cause i was looking at a Ruby hack and this guy had like Darkrai Girantina Palkia Dialga Pictures you could pick with Advance Map can some one help me with this thx !

OW Changer tool available in WAH...

Ive looked around but haven't found anything why is it whenever I move a trainer in A-map then try to battle them in game after the battle I cant move my person but I can only move the person I just battled help is much appreciated.

change the direction it is facing...

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2012
i already have OW changer but how am i spousto draw a Perfect Palkia and Girantina and stuff is there a program or something that puts them in there for me?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
I have a questions. I tried searching for the answer here on the forums but I can't find it...

- How can I alter the evolution method of Pokemon? I mostly ask this for the trade evolution Pokemon like Kadabra, Onix, Clamperl, etc.

I'm 99.9% sure this has been asked before...sorry about that ^_^"

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Emm... I edited a map, but when playing the ROM the HERO'S sprite stops moving and you can control the screen to move left right so on... its as if the sprite gets left behind... any ideas how to fix this?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i already have OW changer but how am i spousto draw a Perfect Palkia and Girantina and stuff is there a program or something that puts them in there for me?

OW Editor.
Note that OW Changer and OW Editor are two different tools.
Use OW Changer to change the size of an OW...
Use OW Editor to import and export OW sprites for you to edit them with MS Paint...

I have a questions. I tried searching for the answer here on the forums but I can't find it...

- How can I alter the evolution method of Pokemon? I mostly ask this for the trade evolution Pokemon like Kadabra, Onix, Clamperl, etc.

I'm 99.9% sure this has been asked before...sorry about that ^_^"

evolution method?
use YAPE or PKMN Amplifier.
Search in the Toolbox section for tools.

Emm... I edited a map, but when playing the ROM the HERO'S sprite stops moving and you can control the screen to move left right so on... its as if the sprite gets left behind... any ideas how to fix this?

move an NPC away from the screen or change the direction an NPC is facing.

---oOo---​

Does anyone know the cry offsets of the ff. PKMN in Ruby?
Sharpedo, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Latios, Latias, and Kyogre?

Thanks~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Thanks alot... do you know what this means... im working with elite map and this comes up for some of its applications...

"NO GBA roms in current directory at all"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back