• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: BW/B2W2 Music Patch for all versions! (Gen 3)

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire - BW/B2W2 Music Patch!

BW/B2W2 Music Patch is a patch for Pokemon FireRed (1.0), LeafGreen (1.0), Emerald, Ruby (1.0 and 1.1), and Sapphire (1.0) that replaces the original songs with the ones from Pokemon Black and White, and from Black 2 and White 2! Most of the songs and fanfares are included.
This patch is based on the HGSS Music Patch (Emerald v1.4 Instruments.bit), so big credits to the creators of it!

- For the songs that change every season, only the Spring version is included in this patch.
- This patch includes ipatix's music mixer, and it makes the music have less noise. This is not included in Ruby versions as it is causing issues.
- The Ruby and Sapphire versions will have problems playing the music because of limitations.

Compatibility with other patches/ROM bases:
- This patch is compatible with the All Instrument Patch, where you can insert songs with a universal All Instrument voicegroup on top of the B2W2 ones.
- When using this patch with Leon and UltimaSoul's FireRed Base, follow instructions included with the ROM base first before applying this patch!

Please make backups before applying this patch! I am not responsible if you ruin your ROM after applying.
If you are applying this to an already hacked ROM, I recommend to use the manual patching method instead of the UPS patches.

How to patch (VIDEO TUTORIAL): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlvciV-vml8&t=477

How to patch (UPS):
Apply the UPS patch to your ROM using NUPS patcher. Pick Ignore for "If file is invalid" so no error will occur.

How to patch (MANUAL):
Extending the ROM is REQUIRED, do this before proceeding. XSE is what I use to do this.
1. Apply the .ips patch to your ROM (Use the correct one!)
2. Open the file "BW/B2W2 Music Patch v1.x.x.bit" in HxD.
3. Select all of the contents (Ctrl+A) and copy it (Ctrl+C).
4. Open the ROM in HxD.
5. Go to (Ctrl+G) 1200000 and paste-write (Ctrl+B) the copied content there.
6. Save!

Songtable offsets, music mixer locations, and changelogs are in the readme included.

To play in Sappy without any issues do the following:
Sappy Mod 15 - 17.1 -> Options -> Settings -> Extra -> DirectSound Voices Limit = 12
You should also back up your sappy.xml file and replace it with the one included in the zip.

Credits:
LukeeGD (ripped and inserted all of the music and most of the samples from BW/B2W2)
GoGoJJTech, Wobbu (HGSS Music Patch)
ipatix (midfix4agb and the music mixer ASM hack)

Full Song List:
Spoiler:

All of the downloads/releases, source files, and more information are in the Github repo
v1.5.1 is the latest version for FireRed and Emerald.
v1.4.1 is the latest version for LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire.
v1.2.3 has BW music only.

When using anything in the repo, please give credit to me and others.

Programs Used: FL Studio, Anvil Studio, VGMTrans, Viena, midfix4agb, HxD, Mid2Agb, Sappy

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
v1.2.1 Update
A very minor update...

Changes:
- Added 2 fanfares
- (Emerald both versions) Fix song header for song 435 (Pokemon Trainer School)
- (Emerald with mixer) Fix Oldale Town music
- (LeafGreen) Fix the IPS patch

Download v1.2.1

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
This patch is based on the HGSS Music Patch (Emerald v1.4 Instruments.bit), so big credits to the creators of it!
Based as in "it gave me the idea of making this" or based as in "I used it as a base"?
Because that patch has serious problems that were never fixed because well, GoGo dissapeared one day and never came back.
Problems like sudden "beeps" that don't go away until you reset the emulator or music stopping right away when doing certain things like checking the Bag, the Trainer Card or when interacting with one of the NPCs at a Pok?mon Center's 2F (it's not like it always happens, but it tends to happen quite often).
Using that patch isn't a wise move, in my opinion.

EDIT: For context's sake, here's one of those flaws happening in the ROM Hack "Pok?mon Unbound" which uses that patch.
The other 2 flaws are easy to trigger in Pok?mon Cloud White 1, as far as I remember.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I actually gave this patch a go and it's almost flawless and doesn't have the same glitches as the HGSS patch.

The only issue I encountered is that after I leveled up my bulbasaur and it learned a move, there's a certian sound effect that should play but it didn't.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
EDIT: For context's sake, here's one of those flaws happening in the ROM Hack "Pok?mon Unbound" which uses that patch.
The other 2 flaws are easy to trigger in Pok?mon Cloud White 1, as far as I remember.
That bug actually isn't caused by that patch. The game incorporates music from that patch, but that bug occurs regardless of the music being played at the time. For example, If standard Fire Red music is being played, the music will still freeze. The bug is actually caused by one of the specials relating to link communication. Not many people use this feature so fixing it isn't my top priority right now.

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Based as in "it gave me the idea of making this" or based as in "I used it as a base"?
It's actually kind of both.
But I only used a part of the patch as base. All the other new music, new samples, and hex edits are not.
For the bugs, I have only experienced 3 bugs: the music freezing at Pokemon Center 2F, the music freezing when entering the Pokemon League in FireRed and LeafGreen, and entering and exiting the Pokemon Center, then opening and closing the PokeDex makes the music freeze.
All the bugs I have mentioned are not in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald with mixer versions of the patch.
From what I have tested, the bug is caused by the hex edit that is used to increase the playable tracks from 10 to 16, as the version I have tried without it doesn't have the bug, but some music won't play properly.
Maybe if I implement ipatix's music mixer into FireRed and LeafGreen as well, the bugs would be gone. I will try to do that later.

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
v1.2.2 Update

Changes in v1.2.2:
- Bug fixes: The music freezing bug is now completely gone! (as far as I've tested)
What I did here is I moved a RAM pointer to another location. This also:
- Fixed intro music not playing on Ruby and Sapphire.
- Removed the "no mixer" version of Emerald. The music mixer is no longer in a separate offset!
- Added ipatix's music mixer on FireRed!

Download v1.2.2

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Thats's awesome, btw do you have plans on making more music patches like this?

Music hackers aren't exactly common here so it would be nice to see more.

I have plans for more about music patches, not making them, but maybe to update the existing patches, like fixing the bugs of the HGSS Music Patch, since no one seems to maintain it anymore. I will also update the BW Music Patch to include most of B2W2 music.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I checked again and yes, the sound effect that plays each time a move is learned does not work sadly.

Another issue is that linking with other players with my boy won't be possible with this patch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Hey can you please the music offsets for the 1.2.1 version?

I want to rip the wild battle theme without the mixer.

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
I checked again and yes, the sound effect that plays each time a move is learned does not work sadly.

Another issue is that linking with other players with my boy won't be possible with this patch.

I've noticed that the SFX for that doesn't play only when a move is learned with level up. When learned with a TM, it does work. I don't know why that happens...
Also, I haven't tried it on any other emulators other than VBA, mGBA, and GBA4iOS, so I can't say anything about My Boy.

Hey can you please the music offsets for the 1.2.1 version?

I want to rip the wild battle theme without the mixer.

The music offsets (base destination offsets) are in the full song list, and is the same for 1.2.1.
For the wild battle, it is 151F730 to 1521AF3. The song header offset is 1521AC0.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I've noticed that the SFX for that doesn't play only when a move is learned with level up. When learned with a TM, it does work. I don't know why that happens...
Also, I haven't tried it on any other emulators other than VBA, mGBA, and GBA4iOS, so I can't say anything about My Boy.

The music offsets (base destination offsets) are in the full song list, and is the same for 1.2.1.
For the wild battle, it is 151F730 to 1521AF3. The song header offset is 1521AC0.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

As for the linking problem I tried it, and it definitely does not work on my boy.

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
v1.3 Update
B2W2 MUSIC!

Changes in v1.3:
-Fixed some of the music:
vs Ghetsis BW
Encounter Psychic

-Added A LOT of B2W2 and other music/fanfares:
Wild Battle B2W2
Trainer Battle B2W2
Aspertia City
Gym Leader Battle B2W2
Neo Plasma Battle
Route 22 Spring
Route 23
Colress Battle
Hugh Battle
Route 19 Spring
Virbank City
Entralink
Unity Tower
B2W2 Intro 1
B2W2 Intro 2
Encounter Cheren B2W2
Encounter Bianca B2W2
vs Ghetsis B2W2
Battle Black/White Kyurem
Encounter Team Plasma B2W2
Team Plasma, Again
Encounter Colress
Marine Tube
Encounter Hugh
PWT Finals!
Flocessy Ranch
Flocessy Town
Castelia Sewers
BP Get
Regi Trio Battle
Sealed Chamber (Regi)
Strange House
PWT Lobby

-Low Health Beep is now shortened to be a lot less annoying
(Can't find a way to implement low health music yet)
-Made changes to the songtables to have B2W2 music as default
-The original BW music is relocated to a different location in the songtables
-Made minor changes in sappy.xml (for MRDS base)
-Fixed crackling of Pokemon cries (Emerald)

-v1.3 is for FireRed and Emerald ONLY for now. Will add support for R/S/LG in later versions next year.

Download v1.3

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
v1.3.1 Update
Changes in v1.3.1:
-Replaced HGSS string and trumpet samples with higher quality BW samples.
-Ruby, Sapphire, and LeafGreen supported!
-Ipatix's music mixer is now on all versions instead of just FireRed and Emerald!

v1.2.3 Update
Changes in v1.2.3:
- Include all fixes and improvements from v1.3.x, except B2W2 music
- Added 2 songs: Entralink, Unity Tower

Downloads in GitHub

Last edited:
Back