• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life Without the Internet.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The Internet has pretty much become a staple in most people's lives. Practically a necessity, what have you. But say, just hypothetically, the internet was permanently shut own. Could you imagine living life without the internet?

A bonus question, do you think we rely on the internet too much?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I rely on it too much, and if it were gone, the cons are that I would lose a lot of my interests, as they're internet based, and the connection with a lotta friends. The pros are that it would encourage me to go out and do even more things offline, and probably see offline friends face to face more often.

Years
The internet has been my amusement park for many years. Would definitely be upset if it goes away. And yep, we do repy on the internet too much

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Yeah, while we do rely on internet a bit too much, I'd be sad if it were to go away. I could make do without it but things just wouldn't be the same. And with a lot of people that I've met online suddenly going away I'd be quite lonely and would not want to go out.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
No to the first question, yes to the second. I would be a mess without it and I rely on it too heavily

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have gone cold turkey with it before, but not usually by choice, haha. Mind you only a few years ago did I actually get a smartphone... So I managed before. :V

Right now though I have crap net at home (yay outages) so not really enjoying that.

Years
I honestly think I use it too much, like I'm fairly dependent on it?
Like it was shut off once for two days and I nearly died

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm heavily reliant on the internet. For everything...it's really weird how in the past ten years, that's been a staple for me. It didn't used to be that way, of course, but now it is. When I got a laptop of my own, I was pretty much online ALL the time, still am really.

And I panic pretty bad when our internet goes out.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I'd lose almost everything I like in an instant if the internet shut down, because everything I pretty much do involves an internet connection. I can't even imagine having to go back to that kind of life, I even google almost everything I need to know.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
not really. all of my social interaction is online, and my relationship is long distance currently. without the internet i'd be even more miserable than i already am, seeing as id have literally no one for social interaction besides immediate family.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Honestly, I couldn't live without the internet. Many of my friends are online. Without the use of the internet... and I hate saying this... I might as well just be dead instead. D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
My life would be fine, though I'd be less informed on a lot of things and can't watch anything for free anymore. I'd probably be a lot more well rounded person maybe.

Back