• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
ok, I think that the three shadowed legendary pokemon that are "the three beginings" control the flow of nature, and that some legendary pokemon help control nature, so when something happens to one of the three beginings, then nature gets messed up, and if a pokemon helps control the flow of nature, then they will get messed up too, making the pokemon that is slightly smaller messed up and turning it into the larger one

AH. that's a pretty good Idea, but no. You're right about the Three beginnings, but the fourth pokemon actually derives in a totally different way. Great Guess however, Thank you ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Your updates never cease to amaze me, Ty. The screens you took look absolutely brilliant. Also, I hope to see some screens with the tiles I made for you... and me xD

I'm always here to help ;)

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Your updates never cease to amaze me, Ty. The screens you took look absolutely brilliant. Also, I hope to see some screens with the tiles I made for you... and me xD

I'm always here to help ;)

LOL thank you Jake and don't worry you'll see them sooner or later ;)

*Guess what?*

Yep new fakemon have been made...and to be honest these are only 50% I've done over this day...there are still many more I need to show.

comingsoon-1.png

Look forward to these and maybe more this Monday.​

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
Years
This game is simply amazing. I bet someone who doesn't know it , would think it's a real Nintendo game (I'll try if that one works on my best friend). Keep up the work.
This is a excelent game, it makes me feel like watching Diamond (my favorite, Platinum is booring) beind developed.
Greetings

<~F.M.P~>

Years
woah. only heaven ( and you ) knows what those are. are these going to be on the april 13th update?

lol April 12th Happy Easter by the way ;)

Wow those, are a total mistery to me, I bet the palettes are gonna be amazing.

I think so too...Tiles also XD Happy Easter El.

This game is simply amazing. I bet someone who doesn't know it , would think it's a real Nintendo game (I'll try if that one works on my best friend). Keep up the work.
This is a excelent game, it makes me feel like watching Diamond (my favorite, Platinum is booring) beind developed.
Greetings

Thank you very much. It really encourages me to hear you say that. Happy Easter.

~UPDATE~

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
carbon-3.png

~Happy Easter Everyone~

Yes, Happy Easter Everyone I know I said I'd post the update monday, but I actually won't be in my house all day tomorrow so I've decided to post it today...I hope you all enjoy the update and find it as sweet as a plastic easter egg full of candy ;)

I also owe a Really special thanks to .Phones (I call him El) and Ryushin5 (Ryu)
They really busted their butts to help me this update. Thank you guys.

~New, New...It's just new~

new.png

Explanation of Pics:
Pic 1: Yes I know...I've done and shown it a million times, but It's gonna keep happening. New Title screen look, same D/P effect.

Pic 2: Souped up The Starter selection screen! Yep the suitcase animation like in D/P/PL and now when you select your Pokemon It dissapears from the platform it's on, The hand pops up and you, well Get that Pokemon lol

~Let's Improve!~

allofem.png

Yep That's what the new Battle system will look like...This is a wild pokemon battle on route 01. The systems still a bit buggy, but I'm working out the problems. I'll show the other half, next update so you can see the new attack selection screen.

~Oh Great, New Pokemon~

Here are some more of the common and not so common pokemon You'll find in Carbon

Baydeelstaged.png

Baydeel - Also found in the first few routes of the game. You'll find this one alongside Cripet, Parmal and a few others.

Corbloomstage.png

Corbloom - Corblooms have a 3 stage evoloution. They also change color according to the day...They're sort of like your watch lol. Does this palette seem odd to you by the way? We had a tough time deciding.

cobblyxstaged.png

Cobblyx - Can you guess? Did you Guess? Is your guess Correct? Maybe, Cobblyx will be a prevo of Onix. Catch this little thing anywhere in rocky areas.

etonstaged.png

Eton - Eton can be found during the night. This pokemon also has a 3 stage evoloution, but as it grows, so do it's colors...What do I mean by that? Well you'll find out.

Laplitstaged.png

Laplit - Ah another prevo, this one however was made by my spriter GP_Arts, Thanks Gp. Laplit will be an uncommon pokemon but you'll be able to obtain one ;)

Largoosestaged.png

Largoose - Hmmm...Yes Largoose...I'm still debating as to whether this pokemon will be an evoloution to Golduck or have it's own evoloution line. It's your choice everyone.
It's palette looks dirty so I'll be doing some clean up on it's color.

~Tiles, Huh?~

Well I thought it was about time Carbon stopped using Kyledoves tiles and Branch out to make it's own...Or at least not use all of his.

Newtilespicture.png

Explanation of Pics:
Pic 1: New Trees, New...well sort of new Grass, new palettes and Lamp Post?!
Pic 2: Just go with the flow. This is just a screen of the water flowing in the town.
Pic 3: Who knew a lamp post could look so beautiful in the dark. No I'm just kidding but yes another custom lampost and the nice little light effect.
Pic4: and last but not least, the ledges...They seem a bit odd to me. What do you think?

~Your first Gym.~

If you can remember, I showed everyone the new way the gyms would be layed out throughout the region and their custom tiles, but if you can't remember then here's the screenshots for the first gym.

1-1-3.jpg

Now what I want to show you this time is the first Gym leader.
Gymbattle.png

Say hello to Gym leader Jazz!
Element: Grass
Personality: In touch with nature and Loves music.
Number Of Pokemon: Four

~What's a Gym Badge Card?~

What is it? Well It's this.
VelohBadge.png

This will be the first badge you obtain after you beat Jazz...I've also included the video of what it looks like when you get it.

Spoiler:

~That's it for now~

Well sadly, that's all I've got to show you all for today...Until next update, but I did want to leave you all with something if your're making your own game and are including Kyledoves tiles.

Mytileset.png

This Is a Tileset I'll be working on for the next couple of weeks and I wanted to make it a public use for anyone who loves Kyledoves tiles as much as me. These tiles were both ripped and Kyledoved by me...No credit needed but It is appreciated.

Enjoy Your Easter Everyone and Expect the Next update to be just as big with an updated tileset for you all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Fair play to you providing a tileset in the update. I wasn't expecting to see that as I scrolled down.
The fakemon look cool- I like the first one Baydeel. Nice look and design to him.
Nice to see you also branching into more tiles other then just kyledoves. His tiles are great and I don't think you should stop using them, but keep doing what you've just done- by expanding on his with yours.
As for the battle commands- I don't like 'em. Instead of being above the text box, move the commands down and go over the textbox, then when you want to display pics, hide the images then recall them when commands are being used. I like looking at the backsprites of Pokémon in battle and I think, with fakemon my curiosity of seeing the back sprites would be increased- but how can I see the backsprite with a semi-transparent yellow block over it? lol.

Good update.

Atomic Reactor

just one thing... The tall grass looks kinda weird, you may wanna chose a different pallete, it's to bright.
Other than that, everything looks awesome. Especially those tiles, I'll probably use em for my sequel.
I loved the badge animation. Seriously, keep up the great work. You're obviously putting a lot of work into this.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Nice update flood ;p. I liked most of your tiles (except the tall grass one, same reason as the post above). I'm curious to see what pokémon Jazz use.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Wow!

Carbon is really looking great!
Good job!

lol Thank you very much Blazers, Happy Easter ;)

Fair play to you providing a tileset in the update. I wasn't expecting to see that as I scrolled down.
The fakemon look cool- I like the first one Baydeel. Nice look and design to him.
Nice to see you also branching into more tiles other then just kyledoves. His tiles are great and I don't think you should stop using them, but keep doing what you've just done- by expanding on his with yours.
As for the battle commands- I don't like 'em. Instead of being above the text box, move the commands down and go over the textbox, then when you want to display pics, hide the images then recall them when commands are being used. I like looking at the backsprites of Pokémon in battle and I think, with fakemon my curiosity of seeing the back sprites would be increased- but how can I see the backsprite with a semi-transparent yellow block over it? lol.

Good update.

Thank you Neo.
lol and You make a great point...I made it that way so I wouldn't necessarily be mimicking other ppls games. I'll try it that way however. Happy Easter by the way ;)

just one thing... The tall grass looks kinda weird, you may wanna chose a different pallete, it's to bright.
Other than that, everything looks awesome. Especially those tiles, I'll probably use em for my sequel.
I loved the badge animation. Seriously, keep up the great work. You're obviously putting a lot of work into this.

Thank you very much A_R and I'm glad you like the tiles., Yeah El Did tell me to make a new grass tile...I'll get around to it soon though. HAPPY EASTER!

Hey i was thinking largoose could possibly be a female evolution of psyduck..?

That's a great Idea.

Nice update flood ;p. I liked most of your tiles (except the tall grass one, same reason as the post above). I'm curious to see what pokémon Jazz use.

lol Thank you ~JV~ And yes I'll have it changed by next update lol. Gym leaders pokemon will stay a secret however, Happy EASTER!

Atomic Reactor

That lapras pre evo, just looks like a normal Lapras...
You may wanna make it look different.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hall of Famer is here! Wow, bow down to the battle screen and the tiles, that's way too amazing. The fakemon sprites look awesome as well, and I can see the concept of originality in your game. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Hall of Famer is here! Wow, bow down to the battle screen and the tiles, that's way too amazing. The fakemon sprites look awesome as well, and I can see the concept of originality in your game. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much HOF I'll make sure I do.

Awesome Update Flood!
Keep it up!
Love the distorted backgrounds XD and the badge with a meaningless name :P

Thank you RG and I will. ;)

Nice update dude!Keep up the good work.

Thank you OI ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back