• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scripting Competition!

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Why is no-one taking part in this event? It is a big shame as scripting is important part of anyone's hack :(

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I think I'll whip up a script for my hack and this. Two questions:

1. Does the script have to be vanilla scripted, AKA, no custom ASM or specials (JPAN's engine)
2. If it can be custom, do we need to post the ASM?

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
YEAH!!!!Note: This is for RMXP, with eventing. I breifly know what each thing does. Unfortunately I gave up hacking a few months ago, I was pretty decent at thet. Incidently, this is a computer event.
Spoiler:

Event Commands Used.

Spoiler:

EDIT: ARRH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID RMXP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For some reason, stupid RMXP is BYPASSING part of my event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So unless you will accept only the text, this entry will have to be cancelled.

with regards to my script, I just need to tweak it a bit and it should work.
And, has no-one else has entered?!?!?!?

Last edited:

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Yay! A scripting contest! *gladly joins*

Video:

Script:
Spoiler:

What does this script do?
Displays one message and engages the player into a battle against Nidoking, with whom I replaced with Dialga's sprites and stats.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Might I be so bold as to inquire when the deadline for submissions for this contest is? I'd like to participate, but couldn't find that information in the first post.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If I may ask, is this event still going on? I might have plans of joining it, if ever I get the chance.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
This is my entry (I know, the video quality is low). The ROM used is pokemon Wood, my hack, which is based on Pokemon Blue.
Video:

Code:
Don't steal, please.
Spoiler:
If you step in front of this house a person stops you. The script checks if it's night or day(/morning) and according to it you're pushed away or pushed inside the house. Inside the house another trigger is activated, which takes you in front of the lass that notices you (Rival's music starts) and offers a rare pokemon if you win in a fight against her. If you accept a trainer battle starts; you'll receive the pokemon only if you win, obviously.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I'd like to enter.

Video
Youtube took too long, so here is a download.

Script
Spoiler:

What it Does
You fight a guy, walk forward, see Ho-oh fly around and fight with Giovanni, you battle Giovanni, Ho-oh flies around, and you fight Ho-oh.

Download: Here.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Video:

Script:

Spoiler:

What it does: You walk onto Route 1, spy some Team Rocket members and their Obscenely Large Bomb in the distance - and resolve immediately to stop them blowing up Route 1, with or without the aid of the local citizenry.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Video:

Script:
Spoiler:

It shows you choosing your starter Pokemon and receiving a PokeDex.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Congrats to the other winners! Those were some really impressive scripts. :)

Quick question. How did the scoring system work?

Back