• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: POCKET MONSTERS SCALE X FANG (DEMO v1.0.2)

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
YOsluh5.png

POCKET MONSTERS SCALE X FANG
Demo v1.0.2 out! See below!
We are looking for team members! Check below for more information.

STORY
20 years ago, an army of beasts ravaged the region of Ohkai. But as the beasts were about to close in on the capital Valenta City, they suddenly retreated. In the present day, a corporation named XACCESS has brought great technological progress and a miraculous recovery of an Ohkai once gripped by destruction and despair. The protagonist is personally scouted by XACCESS to join their "Task Force", a special division that carries out all sorts of interesting, amazing and secret missions. However, there are those across Ohkai that distrust XACCESS and cause problems that bring them and the Task Force face-to-face. At the same time, XACCESS seems to have a lot of secrets under the hood. Just what does XACCESS hide? What is the goal of those who revolt? And why did the beasts suddenly disappear?

FEATURES
  • A completely new story that breaks away from the usual formula.
  • A new region to explore - the Ohkai region.
  • A custom soundtrack with many, many new songs.
  • Many new Pokémon, including evolutions to existing Pokémon.
  • New moves and abilities.
  • Raising Pokémon is simplified - there are no IVs or nature stat boosts.
  • The Revophone, which allows you to play music, call other characters, and more.
  • Improvements to the battle engine to better match the latest generations.
  • Complete revamps of UI elements across the game.
  • Many optional areas to explore.
  • Improvements to the battle engine to better match the latest generations.
  • Honey trees and Berry trees.
  • Decorate your apartment with all kinds of interesting items!
  • You can ride a Moped to traverse terrain in a different way.
  • Your Pokémon can destroy objects without HM moves thanks to the Poké Pager.

DEMO FAQ
1) How far does the demo go?
It covers the first major story arc, which is intended to be about 30% of the overall scenario. It will take about 3-5 hours to complete for most players.
2) Why does my turbo/speed-up button not work?
To ensure players pay attention to the game and don't rush, which could lead to missing vital information on story and how to progress.
3) How many Pokémon are implemented?
There are about 110 Pokémon implemented into the game, with around 60ish of these being Fakemon. Not all Pokémon are currently obtainable in the wild, and not all have access to their evolution methods with the tools you can find in the demo.
4) I found a bug!
Please post details below.
5) When will the full game/next demo be released?
I would like the game finished by the end of 2024, but don't ask me or anybody else about release dates.
6) What emulator should I use?
I recommend playing on real hardware with a flashcart, creating a 3DS Virtual Console inject or playing on any emulator using an mGBA core. Any other emulators (such as VBA) are not recommended as they have serious inaccuracies. Reporting bugs with inaccurate emulators leads to me not being able to reproduce issues and thus fix them.

CREDITS
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS
ejpz5CQ.png
IggaxDF.png
rxuRu3G.png

tkCI4PR.png
wERs0xR.png
r8yIG8f.png

nqyDasz.png
eScY1AO.png
kUFfLMG.png

Demo v1.0.2

Get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dElBWtpiUf4mrfCxXdqViFBrvxsHcGzC/view?usp=share_link
Use beat (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/893/) to patch an unmodified Emerald "TrashMan" ROM.
SHA-256 hash of the base ROM:
Code:
a9dec84dfe7f62ab2220bafaef7479da0929d066ece16a6885f6226db19085af

Changelog:
v1.0.2 (2023.01.01)
- Mystroll, Gigantroll moveset changes
- Fix Mama Judy healing bug
- Encounter rates lowered throughout the game
- Repels now buyable at the Pokémon Center after first visit to Mellow Meadow completed
- Revives now buyable at the Pokémon Center after visit to City Sewers completed
- Fix collision of flower in Valenta City
- Fix collision of cliff in Mellow Meadow (south)
- Fix visible border in Topglace Tundra
- Fix incorrect Swimmer sprite on sunbed at Lockshore Beach

v1.0.1 (2022.12.30)
- No longer check emulator on boot, so you can play with any emulator including VC injects
- Fix 'XACCESS OFFICCES' mispelling on desk
- Fix shop sign collision

WE ARE RECRUITING!
We are looking for people to join the team. Music composers, spriters, cry makers are highly desired, but please message me or join the Discord (invite code Q53Mzu3) if you're interested in helping in any way.

Follow my Twitter (@mantakaizou) for updates.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Looking forward to see more

Are you planning on releasing with a Dex list with stats? Im very curious about the mons and evos.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
We won't give information on Pokémon ourselves, but fans will probably end up making a wiki or at least congregating information.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Good luck on the endeavor and stay healthy 👍🙂

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Congratz on your release! However, being able to play it on only real hardware is huge bummer :( Is there no way getting around that? I tried to play on MyBoy but the game froze when I opened trainer ID...

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Demo version 1.0.1

Changelog:
- No longer check emulator on boot, so you can play with any emulator including VC injects
- Fix 'XACCESS OFFICCES' mispelling on desk
- Fix shop sign collision

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 64
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Assuming anybody has done this yet, what settings should you use for the cia injector? I just got a white screen on my DS when I tried

Years
Any chances that fast forward is gonna be re-enabled later down the line? Training Pokemon is so inconvenient, and when they faint, I literally have to backtrack to the city which is bad game design imo.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Played through the demo. Enjoyed it for the most part. 1 major bug for me was in the shop on the beach and trying to heal. The game would freeze on my every single time. I also have to agree with the poster above me that running to the town or having to pay to heal was rather annoying.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
The anti-speed up measure is quite possibly the most insanely stupid feature I've ever seen anyone put in any game, ever. And I've played Superman 64.

If someone wants to read the dialogue, they'll read the dialogue. If your game relies so intensely on someone reading the dialogue that you'd do this then it probably should just be a visual novel. Meanwhile I'd just like to run faster, as someone points out above it's useful for running back to the Pokemon Centre to heal, and in many ROM hacks the balance is all out of wack so it becomes quite a frequent trek.

Please do not include anti-quality of life features.

Edit: And while I'm on QoL issues:
- Use a cog icon to show the options menu. It's neat that you're trying something different here, but when changing the UI it needs to actually be more readable than the original to be worth it.
- The main menu blends into the background in the starting building
- The game sometimes hangs randomly

Last edited:

HamishS

LOVE EVERYONE
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 22, 2023
The anti-speed up measure is quite possibly the most insanely stupid feature I've ever seen anyone put in any game, ever. And I've played Superman 64.

If someone wants to read the dialogue, they'll read the dialogue. If your game relies so intensely on someone reading the dialogue that you'd do this then it probably should just be a visual novel. Meanwhile I'd just like to run faster, as someone points out above it's useful for running back to the Pokemon Centre to heal, and in many ROM hacks the balance is all out of wack so it becomes quite a frequent trek.

Please do not include anti-quality of life features.
If my anti-speedup makes the game unplayable for you, you're free to play a different game

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
If someone wants to read the dialogue, they'll read the dialogue. If your game relies so intensely on someone reading the dialogue that you'd do this then it probably should just be a visual novel.
I don't think you know what an RPG is.

Back