• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Poker - Mini game for game corner

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
This is a Poker mini game meant for the game corner.

JJSVL24.png
5EHUoOx.png

Script:
Spoiler:

Required graphics:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pcxhcsx3noqaqlc/Pokepoker.rar/file

Instructions:
1. Unzip Pokepoker.rar and place it in your /Graphics/Pictures/ folder, its files directory should be:
.../Graphics/Pictures/Pokepoker/...
2. Make a new page in your script section above main below compiler and paste the script.
3. If you don't want NPC names to be random, set @randomnpcnames = true to false in line 15, if you want to add / remove / edit the names available to the npcs, change the array @randomnames in line 97.
4. Change @chipsvariable in line 14 to the number of an empty game variable of yours, do not use a variable you're using for something else or it will be overwritten.
5. Add the event on your game:
The event can be heavily customized, I will give an example of how it could look like:
ztRcsqB.png

First you need to check if the player has enough coins, let's say you want the player to start with 500 chips, then it needs to have 500 coins, you can alter the ratio, like 1 coin = 2 chips, it's up to you.
If the player has enough coins, you deduct them and start the pokepoker game with this event:
Pokepoker.new(X,Y)
In this example I have used 500 coins so I changed X to 500, Y is the value of the blind, the minimum bet one player needs to pay every round, in this example I set it to 10.
After the game you need to update players coins. In this example I have a fancy message in case the player lost everything but it isn't required.

Credits: Aioros for the scripting, AmirX3 for the graphics (and coming up with the idea).
And a word of appreciation for the people who gave me a little hand here and there in thundaga discord! :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
Can i use this in 16.2 version?

I'm unsure, but this uses really simple stuff, in v18 it works without the need to change anything. However I'm unfamiliar with v16.2 so I can't really say if it will work or not.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
I have a suggestion for this since it's Pokemon but maybe customize the deck graphics to have Pokemon icons on the cards?

I tried to make it as customizable as possible, the entry fee, the blind value, minor stuff like static or dynamic opponent names so you could do something like play Poker in a machine in game corner kinda like online poker, or just do it in a physical table in game corner against same 4 people, and the graphics can be as easily replaced in pokepoker folder (it needs to respect the cards array value / suit combo and have suit replaced if you want to replace suit name).

Years
So I added this mini game to my game and I seem to get the loss text each time I play any fix?

Spoiler:

Edit: My problem was in the script it was set to variable 140, I assumed it was set to 99.

Last edited:
Back