• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKéMON ALPHA VERSION

Risak

average stressed med student
Years
POKéMON ALPHA VERSION

INTRODUCTION
Hiya, rom hacking community!
Welcome to the official Pokémon Alpha thread - Let me introduce you to the game:

Pokémon Alpha is a project that started late 2019, and it's been in development more or less ever since as a little side-hobby that I enjoy a lot. Pokémon Alpha is in a way a tribute to the Rom Hacking community, as I am by no means a professional: meaning that most of the features in the game is based on other's public works - I haven't made that many tiles myself, I haven't written an entire engine, among other things - and I think it's incredible as a game creator that it is possible to create an entire game based on public works. In that way, Pokémon Alpha is a tribute to the community that has made their work public and by doing so inspired me (and others) to get into rom hacking - maybe not with a vision to create their own game, but to do something that they really enjoy - and my game is a result thereof.
And so... I proudly present to you: POKéMON ALPHA VERSION

STORYLINE
Welcome to the Yerba Region - a diverse region located at the mainland just East of the Alola Region.
You've lived in Pleasant Town all your life, waiting to get your starter Pokémon - when one day, an experienced trainer pays a visit to the local battleground.
As you're sent out on your journey, you find a recently founded organization talking about the true potential within Pokémon and their vision to bring out that power. As you progress throughout the Yerba Region, you find this organization gathering data on various legends, myths, and stories long forgotten.
What could this new organization be up to?

SCREENSHOTS
zSUXTB5.png
NkYa5qe.png
jgkXpCJ.png

yFjkY1D.png
4OCqdrw.png
1Vnre9Q.png

W2l6c0j.png
ZjVotfM.png
kaEGzb0.png

B58F7aX.png
2adhg28.png
XcaloG2.png

MIzZtZj.png
SV4Oflf.png
Rd1W2VL.png

F8aZMB0.png
6tUXslt.png
DDinp3c.png

L05ZMq4.png
8KboSqj.png
yyeRMJg.png

RFnhmOw.png
KpYv2vI.png
LoinezB.png

sSSamGy.png
6msEVuE.png
ldhBPas.png

FEATURES
Supported by the Complete Fire Red Upgrade by Skeli & ghoulslash
Features provided by CFRU includes:
- Pokémon from Gen I-VII
- Expanded + Reusable TM & HMs
- Z-moves & Mega Evolution
- DexNav
- Roaming Pokémon & Swarms
- Auto-Run available
- List goes on endlessly... see official CFRU thread for full features list.

CFRU is truly a gift to the ROM hacking community, and the work that has gone into its creation is remarkable and overwhelming.
A special thanks to everyone involved in its creation.

Other Features
- A whole new region all yours to explore: The Yerba Region!
- Updated graphics, including completely new tilesets that sets the perfect setting for the game.
- Daily Events occurring throughout the game.
- Updated Battle Backgrounds each specific for their environment.

BUGS
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD
Spoiler:

CREDITS
Spoiler:

Last edited:

trdtrl

clear throat
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
the custom battle bg is damn beautiful, i really looking forward for the releases!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh my god, this is wonderful, I am so keen to play this. Do not mind me asking, how far have you progressed in development? Looking at the screens, it does seem far in!

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
This is looking amazing, indeed!! The different battle backgrounds are making this hack pretty special. Good luck with the project. 👍

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
Years
Lookin' hella nice already from the get-go, especially graphically. Are any bells and whistles in store with this one, like custom variants, Megas and the like?

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
This hack look amazing love the tiles, can't wait to see how it develops. Great job so far

Risak

average stressed med student
Years
Lookin' hella nice already from the get-go, especially graphically. Are any bells and whistles in store with this one, like custom variants, Megas and the like?
I'm not planning on adding custom variants, megas, or the like. I'd like to keep it to the ones that are in the official games.

Oh my god, this is wonderful, I am so keen to play this. Do not mind me asking, how far have you progressed in development? Looking at the screens, it does seem far in!
Most of the maps has been made, so I'm currently working on scripting the pieces together and making the story a bit more well-worked than I first intended. I'd say there's around 1 hour of playtime at the current moment in development.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not planning on adding custom variants, megas, or the like. I'd like to keep it to the ones that are in the official games.

Most of the maps has been made, so I'm currently working on scripting the pieces together and making the story a bit more well-worked than I first intended. I'd say there's around 1 hour of playtime at the current moment in development.

When you going to announce the Discord please so I can have updates on this game.

Back