• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite Hoenn Pokemon

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Alright, here's the second thread of the Goodbye ORAS week event!

What is your favorite Pokemon to use in Hoenn? Can you ever play ORAS without it?

Gonna start this off with my favorite Hoenn Pokemon: Sceptile. Not only was Treecko my first-ever Pokemon (since Sapphire was my first game), I love, LOVE Sceptile's design and was absolutely thrilled to see it get a Mega Evolution in ORAS--and for it to have my favorite type added to boot!

Can I play ORAS without Sceptile? Yes... but I will be really sad. It felt so, so wrong playing through Omega Ruby with Blaziken instead. At least the rival had Swampert instead of Sceptile, but man it's gonna be weird when I see Brenden with Sceptile instead of me :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
Gardevoir's probably my favorite. If I had to go through the game without it, I could, but I love using it (even if Ralts and Kirlia aren't that good).

Blaziken's a close second, though, since Torchic was my first ever Pokemon.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Milotic. it's super majestic looking and ever since I obtained one in the originals, I've loved it ever since. I could play through ORAS without it and I have, during those times, I tried to use things I never used before.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
Years
This is hard. It's a constant battle between Gardevoir, Altaria, and Milotic. but I think I'll let Milotic take this one since I get Gardevoir most of the time. The sad thing is Milotic's the only one I love without a mega. :/

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
My Gardevoir, which I lovingly named Waterproof. He was arguably the best Pokémon I had in my first team, outclassed by my Kyogre for being my HM slave.

My second team is full of good Pokémon. Talonflame, Metagross, Salamence, Milotic, Roserade, Glaceon...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 14, 2017
I'm quite fond of Shuppet/Banette. I was really glad when Banette got a Mega and it actually turned out to be one of the better-designed ones. I love the way it looks like it's literally bursting out of its seams, and unlike a lot of Mega Evolutions, it isn't ridiculously overdone.

I could probably play without a Shuppet on my team, but I haven't. There are so few Gen III Pokemon I actually like, so finding a replacement would be difficult.

Years
I just love the Hoenn region! The two champions have such attitude, and I really like the lore centering around the weather trio. Its little touches like that and the role that your powerful father has to play that give this region a good atmosphere.

You also get three especially strong starters. My eye tends to go to the sceptile line though as my favorite, especially now with a dragon mega evolution. Dragon is my favorite typing and this region really had a Renaissance of dragon Pokemon, whereas in gen 1 and 2 we only got one line each. They capped even capped it off with the glorious Rayquaza.

Milotic. In addition the sublime defensive Pokemon that she they really made a feast for the eyes. Since I am a fan Gyarados as well I like how this Pokemon is like the good twin of Gyarados and magikarp.

Last but not least Absol is a favorite.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Swellow! Not only is is my favourite Hoenn Pokémon, it is actually my favourite of all. Close second is Altaria.

Years
Altaria has probably become my fave 3rd Gen Pokemon thanks to my experience using Mega Altaria in Alpha Sapphire. She also helped me out when I did minor BP grinding sessions in the Battle Maison, and just being an overall star of the team.

I also love Breloom, Manectric, Gardevoir and my fave Hoenn starter Swampert.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Flygon!

I remember first playing through R/S, trying to figure out how to get that awesome Pokemon. Had no idea that the ugly little desert Trapinch evolved into something so amazing.

Years
There's so many Hoenn Pokemon I absolutely adore but I have to say Banette, especially with its Mega, is probably my favorite. Ghost Pokemon in general have always been some of my favs and Banette has all the factors that make it awesome: the creepiness, the backstory, the unique appearance and Mega Banette has the coolest Mega design imo and it's super fun to use in battle too.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Hoenn Pokemon is Salamence. I absolutely love its design. Also, it has high Attack and decently high Special Attack and Speed, meaning it's a great fighter.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Milotic. it's super majestic looking and ever since I obtained one in the originals, I've loved it ever since. I could play through ORAS without it and I have, during those times, I tried to use things I never used before.

Milotic was one of those Pokemon I couldn't get as a child due to the Feebas situation being too hard for me to catch one haha. But now that I've caught and used a Milotic in ORAS, I can definitely appreciate the Pokemon :)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
About my favorite Hoenn Pokémon in general, it has to be... Oh, God, this is hard. Hoenn's Pokémon are so awesome. Aggron, Tropius, Kirlia, Huntail, Shelgon... It's hard to choose one.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Swampert.
During RSE, starting me off with Torchic and Treecko always end me up badly.
I always did well whenever I picked Mudkip, so Swamper's became my best starter.
And of course when I picked up Alpha Sapphire, it was a no-brainer I still went with Mudkip!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I like ''entire'' pokedex of t Hoenn but i believe that Salamence is my favourite one ..

Back