The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Internet & Technology
Chit-Chat Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Internet & Technology Here's where we nerd out about the world wide web and all forms of technology!

Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:18 PM).

Yeah, been pushing 40 hours a week at one job. Makes for some nice paychecks but man I'm tired lol. Been slowly poking at my blog software, working on adding updates. Can't wait to add new features and email support someday.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Moderator of Internet & Technology - Signature Image
Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:00 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Part-time job and full-time student. Yeah, what type of time do I even have?
Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:03 PM).
(≧∇≦)/

Nature: Timid
Just got my iPhone XS 64gb =) Setting it up now, beautiful phone!

pair family twin mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:13 PM).
Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
    Researching components to build a new computer and what I want isn’t out yet lol. 10nm CPU(preferably Intel but will consider AMD if I have to), DDR5 RAM(not that far off...) and Volta GPU just for starters. Wouldn’t be surprised if it pushes $5k lol.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:42 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
    Researching components to build a new computer and what I want isn’t out yet lol. 10nm CPU(preferably Intel but will consider AMD if I have to), DDR5 RAM(not that far off...) and Volta GPU just for starters. Wouldn’t be surprised if it pushes $5k lol.
    I'm thinking on an i7 8th gen, ddr4 ram, and an RTX card myself. Certainly won't be cheap but it'll perform very well.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:31 PM).
    Banned

Nature: Hasty
    Ew, Iphone.
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:18 PM).
    Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
      iPhone is basically a glorified cash grab because they haven’t done anything revolutionary since Jobs died. He may have not been the technical genius that Wozniak was but he was an excellent marketer and foreseeing future trends(aka iPod and iTunes taking over the music scene for example).

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:58 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
      Ew, Iphone.
      Couldn't agree more. I find anything Apple waaay overpriced and very much not worth the money.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
      iPhone is basically a glorified cash grab because they haven’t done anything revolutionary since Jobs died. He may have not been the technical genius that Wozniak was but he was an excellent marketer and foreseeing future trends(aka iPod and iTunes taking over the music scene for example).
      It really is, you're just paying for the name. Half of the new "features" that the new iPhones came with Android has had for years already. Yet Apple fans gobble it up every single time without fail.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:08 PM).
      Banned

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ganondorf View Post
      Couldn't agree more. I find anything Apple waaay overpriced and very much not worth the money.

It really is, you're just paying for the name. Half of the new "features" that the new iPhones came with Android has had for years already. Yet Apple fans gobble it up every single time without fail.
      When my LG stopped working, I stupidly decided on an iPhone and that single afternoon and night I had it, was one of the most infuriating bouts I've ever had with technology. I returned it immediately the next day and got an HTC10 instead. Been happy ever sense.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:56 PM).
      check out that signature

Nature: Quiet
      Anyone know a laptop my sister could buy? She has $740 and she wants a general purpose laptop that can do light gaming (Sims 3 or 4 idk)

<check out pokécommunity's social media and like, follow, subscribe blah blah blah>:
      Twitter
      Instagram
      Facebook
      YouTube
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:59 PM).
      press start to play_

Nature: Naive
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
      Just got my iPhone XS 64gb =) Setting it up now, beautiful phone!
      pics pls 8D
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:20 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by colours.

Nature: Jolly
      What I'm mostly concerned about is the rest of the smartphone industry trying to emulate Apple in order to be "cool". Case in point: the notch. Almost every OEM bar Samsung (who have not caved to this... yet) decided this was the cool and hip thing to do and since the popular iPhone X had it, surely it must work for every phone out there!

... Except it's really irritating. I'd rather OEMs just try to be original instead of following in Apple's footsteps just for attention's sake. This just leaves me worried about the future of the smartphone industry if everyone's going to copy every move that Apple makes. Do your own thing, don't do what Apple does every freaking time. It's really agitating.

That said, I'm not sure I even like the XS series. This isn't really a dig just to be a dig at Apple, but I'm genuinely confused as to what the benefit is over the original X. $1K is pretty excessive for a phone in my eyes; if you're not going to be using it for any more than calling and texting and general everyday use, surely you can go cheaper? I just don't see the point.

But I'm starting to care less and less about that as the years go by. People will pay for branding, no matter the cost or advantages/disadvantges. If that's something that's important to you, then each to their own in the end.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:52 AM).
      press start to play_

Nature: Naive
      if youre only gonna text and call theres no reason to get any iphone
      maybe an SE if you really want apple

I use my iPhone 8 Plus for pretty much everything.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:48 AM).
      (≧∇≦)/

Nature: Timid
      was gonna post pics but i'd need to borrow mom's phone for a bit, lol....so eventually! my one issue is that the XS is noticeably heavier than my 7 (6.14 oz vs 4.87) so it's quite bulky with an already thick case, but ah wells. still lovely. *^*

pair family twin mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:31 AM).
      Banned

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Percy View Post
      Anyone know a laptop my sister could buy? She has $740 and she wants a general purpose laptop that can do light gaming (Sims 3 or 4 idk)
      I found a stunning Alienware laptop that retails for around 1000+ for around 600-700 on eBay I almost bought myself, but convinced myself not to. She could do even heavy gaming on it, she's got the cash and that is a deal.

If that's too much, I recently bought another gaming laptop that is pretty solid as a general use computer, but wasn't strong enough to handle my own games. But something like the Sims could be a wholly different story. All for 340.

Both on eBay.

Quick Reply