• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New breeding system?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Allright, let me explain.
Considering the X and the Y are a reference to their respective chromosomes; would it make sense to you if the Pokémon company actually invented a new way of genitically breeding, perhaps even a replacement/ fundamental basis of IV's?
I think that, the X and the Y really are refetences to genetics, there is a chance that they at least invent a new way of breesing; put an flawless pokémon in the daycare together with another flawless of the same species and/or breeding group and let there be a higher chance of hatching an flawless baby, for example.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Way, way too much effort on Nintendo's part. Also highly annoying to anyone who understands the current system.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
Actually, I think the X and Y is a reference to the dimensions of the new games, Dimesion X, Dimesion Y, and Dimension Z. 3 Dimensional. 3D.

blue

gucci
Years
I think they will just stick with the usual mechanics, I can't see them changing up the breeding system since it's fine the way it is.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I barely understand the new breeding mechanics in B2W2.
I hope they don't change it too much or at all.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I was just thinking of saying this! Thank goodness for this thread! I totally think they could bring in new breeding mechanics! (Or at least I hope they do) I think it would be cool! Hopefully they can utilize it well. They've already done splicing with pokemon through trades (that shell-ninja one I forget what it's called) and karablast.. so maybe something could be done with breeding! Invertro?

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I hope they make it simpler for stupid, simple folk like me who dont know how to EV breed, or any of that crap

Years
I don't think they'll be changing the breeding anytime soon. IV breeding is something that started in Gen 3 and has sparked competitive play, so for the sake of the hardcore crowd, they most likely won't be doing anything new with it (at least I hope not).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Breeding changes?

Since most people seem to be relating X and Y to genetics, do you think this might affect breeding? And even if genetics isn't a theme in the game, do you want any breeding changes? What do you think could be added to the current system? Or taken away and changed? If genetics are related to the game like we think, what concepts do you think they could implement with that?

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I don't think they really need to change anything about IVs themselves, but the OP's idea of two flawless Pokemon having a higher chance of creating a flawless baby is pretty cool. It sounds useful to me.

As for an entirely NEW breeding system, I'd prefer not

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
That would be quite strange tbh. xD

Nah, I don't think I would appreciate something like this, 'cause that would mean Pokémon Fusions would spring to life and in the end... they would have to put in millions of different Pokémon regarding their hybrid breeding patterns.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing some Pokémon that would only be obtainable through hybrid breeding. :3

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I donno... the first thing I thought of when I heard X and Y are positions on a graph. Dimensions, basically. It makes sense now that someone mentioned genetics. But genetics are so complicated that I doubt that GameFreak would even try implement it into the game. The most they could do is probably the implement the Punnett Square to show off chance and that is easier to abuse than what we currently know about IV breeding.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Seeing how we just got a new breeding system in BW2 and even though the games do seem to revolve around DNA, I doubt that'll be the case.

Of course, they could always pull a Dragon Warrior Monsters and have it so that by breeding two certain Pokemon, you'd get a completely different Pokemon that evolves into neither of the two (or doesn't evolve, or w/e). But that'd probably get too complicated XD;

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Way, way too much effort on Nintendo's part. Also highly annoying to anyone who understands the current system.
Yeah, way too confusing for me, and too weird, Skitty+Wailord=*gunshot* xD

I think they will just stick with the usual mechanics, I can't see them changing up the breeding system since it's fine the way it is.
I hope they don't, I barely get the current system, if they change it, I'm done breeding xD

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I don't even know how to get one flawless parent, let alone 5.
That's just not going to work for me.

What I would really like is that we could get something else out of crossbreeding instead of just natures and egg moves. Perhaps pokemon with fur the colour of the father or something like that.

Of course, that is never going to happen, but one can only dream.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, I think this would be too hard for Gamefreak to implement. The breeding system righ now is already fairly complex tbh. It would be cool if Gamefreak added a way to breed shiny pokemon easier though. I don't think that they will though. The breeding system is already pretty good anyways.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Nah, I don't think that they will change any game mechanics, let alone this breeding system.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Actually, maybe the whole chromosomes speculation can mean that breeding could effect gender-mechanics. Like, at least, maybe you can have males that have breedable moves, along side parent females, or maybe with parent females that lack the breedable move altogether, and you'd still have a baby pokemon with that particular breed move. Maybe. There can be other factors, but, that's the least they could possibly do~!

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
600 new pokémon, so maybe there will become way to get new pokémon when breeding two specific pokémon together?

Back