• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: something something Dexit

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Thought it would be interesting to provide a comprehensive exploration of Dexit. I don't necessarily want to say "both sides of Dexit" but idk might be worth at least trying to paint a picture of the pros and cons of Dexit.

Can see it structured as:

Subheading
One paragraph about that area

Potential subheadings/arguments/topics:
  • Dexit 101 (i.e. how many Pokemon made the cut, what GF's reason for it was)
  • Dexit decreases replayability (e.g. challenges, completing the full Dex)
  • Graphic improvements? What graphic improvements? (i.e. does GF's excuse hold up?)
  • The capacity of the Switch gamecart to hold ~1000 Pokemon models (also considering LGPE already had 150 Kanto models made)
  • Counter-point: Regional dexes have always existed
  • Counter-point: we've had Dex 'resets' in the past (e.g. RSE, BW)... just that this isn't really a reset
  • Counter-point: Dexit allows specific older Pokemon to shine and not be forgotten (consider BW2 really showcasing Arcanine... though contrast that to SwSh really showcasing Charizard...again...)
  • Counter-point: Pokemon across the 'popularity rankings' have made the cut
  • However, chances are your favourite didn't.
  • Business case for limiting obtainable Pokemon

Happy to workshop this and brainstorm other ideas. Figured it would be a topic on people's minds when SwSh releases and would be good to hit heaps of keywords and be a comprehensive guide to Everything Dexit.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
+1 to the idea in general. It'll certainly continue to be a hot topic for a while yet.

With graphical improvements, I wager it'd be mixed - some things improved, others lacking. (Battling animations article comes to mind too, perhaps I should bump it with some release examples of animations...).

Does need highlighting that every Pokemon line is the favourite of someone as well, so with the amount cut, lots of people's favourites are gone for now, for an unknown amount of time.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
With graphical improvements, I wager it'd be mixed - some things improved, others lacking. (Battling animations article comes to mind too, perhaps I should bump it with some release examples of animations...).

Yeah good point, I'll refer to that article (and probably limit my discussion on graphical improvements but just have it as the context behind why Dexit happened (officially, at least)).

Also added one more point, the business case of Dexit. $$$

Will get started on this soon with the aim of having it published around release date!

Giliforge

haha funnny!!!1!
Years
Yeah, you're right on that. It'd be nice to see a new take, mainly because the Reddit one was from a few months back.

Back