• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

cursola EV spread/coverage advice?

Years
hey all. veeery new comp player here. was thinking of running an offensive doubles trick room cursola but i'm a little lost on what would be most effective to run w.r.t EV's and coverage moves. here's my set so far:

Thyme (Cursola) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Perish Body
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Burning Jealousy
- Scald
- Protect

EV's are a placeholder of course. have earth power and ice beam on the back burner atm. was also thinking of running meowstic-m for that prankster trick room. any and all advice is appreciated though!!

Years
In theory, this should work. I can't say much else because doubles is not my forte, but this seems like a solid build for a Trick Room team.

Bulky Ledian

Banned
Years
have earth power and ice beam on the back burner atm. was also thinking of running meowstic-m for that prankster trick room. any and all advice is appreciated though!!
Trick Room has -7 priority, Prankster only raises priority by one which does essentially nothing for Trick Room. Meowstick is also vulnerable to Fake Out flinching or just getting one-shot before being able to use Trick Room.
I don't play doubles so I can't offer much knowledge on what coverage is good.

Years
Trick Room has -7 priority, Prankster only raises priority by one which does essentially nothing for Trick Room. Meowstick is also vulnerable to Fake Out flinching or just getting one-shot before being able to use Trick Room.
I don't play doubles so I can't offer much knowledge on what coverage is good.

i SO totally forgot about trick room's negative priority and youre entirely right. im thinking i might switch to a bulkier setter like hatterene both for a check to dark types like krookodile and the like as well as being immune to stuff like taunt and encore thru magic bounce

Back