• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hacking

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
did you ever hack your games for infinite items, shinies, tms, etc? my friend hacked infinite master balls into my copy of sapphire when i was a kid and i still have like 50 of them lmfao they're all on emerald now though. and then my bf in high school hacked infinite tms into my copy of diamond, which i also still have. i definitely still grab tms from that game when i need them. like they're There why not. also this is more of a gen 1-4 type of question, i don't think hacking is all that popular gen 5 and after, although there are DNS exploits i suppose.

i'm also probably going to hack my second copy of emerald to check out the deoxys and mew events...though i suppose in making this thread, i'm looking to see if anyone else has any experiences in doing this or other hacking lol i'd like to relieve some anxiety...i will likely chicken out. i don't want to mess up so badly that i ruin my cartridge.

so yeah what are y'alls experiences?

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
Years
I dont own a pyhsical gameshart or anything, but on emulator... thats another story...

yes on emulator my Fired is more GSv.3 then anything else XD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Nope, never! I did the dns exploit tho to get old Pokemon that I couldn't get... but I don't consider that hacking to any capacity. I'm too much a good boy to even consider hacking...except...to maybe get the old Diamond/Pearl events that you can't get normally (Member card/Oak's Letter) but only those. I would never do it again after.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Diamond and Pearl in my group of friend was always what we called "The Action Replay Generation"
We all used to mess with Action Replays with Diamond and Pearl.
It was easy, it was fun, and it was interesting to see how far we could push the two games.

In the UK during 2005 - 2009 Action Replays were very easy to get a hold off, just go to any game store.
My favourite was walking through walls, and messing up the graphics by going to areas without refreshing the tilesets. (That's what gatehouses were used for)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I know I did once in Gen 4 for 999 Masterballs and to get the items for Shaymin and Arceus since I never had the chance to get Oak's Letter and the Azure Flute was never released iirc

Did it once in Gen 5 too. Don't remember everything I did but I do remember that one code was supposed to spawn shiny Zekroms and Reshirams but sometimes would spawn shiny Ferrothorns instead lol

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
My brother and I both had these game things called a TTDS, which had 60-something games on it and you could hack most of them (like an action replay). He showed me how to turn them on in Pokémon Diamond, and I left them on ever since. I could make it so every wild encounter was a level 1 shiny Arceus, or give myself 999 rare candies.

Other than that I haven't been using cheat codes. I did use one of those websites where you can create custom Pokémon back in White 2 and a few times in Sun. (I still have a Drapion with ability Wonder Guard lol)

Years
I used Action Replay and Gameshark to access events that I could not otherwise get in the first three generations of Pokémon. In the fourth generation I used the DNS exploit to evolve Pokémon via trade. I also used the DNS exploit to get events I missed in the fourth and fifth generation.

Back