• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny Metronome Moments

Kinoko_Otoko

Mutant Jumpluff
Years
That Snorlax using Fly makes me think about the mechanics of this. I'm thinking it's like the creepy little kid in that episode of the Twilight Zone, the one where the kid can just imagine things and they become reality. Certain Pokemon have this ability, but they have no control over it... they just hypnotize themselves into a trance that unlocks the ability for a brief period of time, and something crazy happens.

Which is pretty terrifying if you think about it too much.

Explains why so many Psychic types learn it though...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I didn't get this myself, but I've seen it brought up before:

Togepi used Metronome!
Togepi used Fling!
The Lucky Egg was thrown!

Really release Togepi?
Bye-bye, Togepi!

LOL! :cer_laugh: :laugh: Poor Togepi... That event would be more brutal in RSE, since only Chansey hold Lucky Eggs...in FireRed/LeafGreen's (Kanto's) Safari Zone. :cer_no:

...Though I've never obtained a Lucky Egg before, I would be pissed if that happened to me in-game! Even worse if it was holding a Master Ball or Liechi Berry for some reason... At least Secret Base battles and Battle Frontier battles "regenerate" your original hold items post-battle if they are switched/lost for some reason... But if the above situation happens in a normal wild Pokemon or Trainer Battle...you're pretty much screwed...

The only "WTF?!" event I can recall about Metronome is once when I had a Mew in Sapphire... I used it in the wild near Petalburg City...I was shocked when the following moves were used and I discovered something brand-new:
"Mew used Blast Burn!"
"Mew used Hydro Cannon!"
Mew used Frenzy Plant!"

O_O :cer_disbelief:

Keep in mind that this was before Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen Versions were even announced. I was plenty surprised. Startled, I continued using Metronome until I could confirm that I had never seen the moves animations or names before. The Hyper-Beam variant moves seemed to occur rather often via Metronome as well...

Subsequently,I went into that thing in the game where you enter dialogue options and it has the list of moves, but I couldn't find those 3 Hyper Beam variants for some reason... I then commenced to train a Camerupt or Torkoal, who I thought were the most likely candidates for learning Blast Burn... Training ended to no avail... :(

I eventually learned about the Cape Brink deal in the Sevii Islands in FR/LG, but it was still amazing to learn about flashy, powerful moves that, at the time, no Pokemon could learn... :) The event also helped me to learn that in a single Generation, most of the data is pre-coded into the original pair for that Generation, even if you can't necessarily access said data (i.e., all 386 Pokemon of Gens 1, 2, and 3 already being coded into Ruby/Sapphire [before we knew FR/LG], yet only 202 can actually be captured; RS upgrading to National Dex capability). I learned that the developers have to finalize the battle system, moves, and items well in advance of anticipating a third version or remakes, though Platinum seems to negate this a bit... A very interesting find back then, IMO...

Seeing Volt Tackle unveiled before Emerald via Metronome would've been awesome as well... :t025: And come to think of it, I've never even seen the GBA animation of Psycho Boost, IIRC, via Deoxys (which I've never owned) or Metronome.

Last edited:

iForever

~ Forver Memory ~
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 3, 2010
~ KEKE!

My Togepi used metronome & got Roar of Time. :D

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
Years
Luckiness:
Togepi used Metronome!
Togepi used Seed Flare!
It's super effective!
Geodude fainted!

I thought togepi would do me well ever since then since it was minutes after I got it, and even apparently attracted my first-ever shiny. <3

Not to lucky:
Mew used Metronome!
Mew used Self-Destruct!
Tentacool fainted!
Mew fainted!

Mew used Metronome!
Mew used Explosion!
The foe's Meganium fainted!
Mew fainted!

Mew is very destructive. And self-destructive, apparently. ._.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I was at the Pokemon League versing Lance on Pokemon Gold and had not many Pokemon left one of which was Togetic.

Togetic used Metronome!
Togetic used Horn Drill!
It's a One-Hit KO!
Foe's Dragonite fainted.

Another funny thing that happened wile using Metronome.

Clefairy used Metronome!
Clefairy used Explosion!
Didn't effect Gastly!
Clefairy fainted!

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Togetic Used Metronome
Metronome turned to Dragon Dance
Togetic used Dragon Dance

nxt turn

Togetic used Metronome
Metronome turned to Swords Dance
Togetc used Swords Dance

Togetic use Metronome
Metronome turned to Night Slash
Togetic used Night Slash
Gengar Fainted!

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
Years
This is an old school match against my friend in middle school that I will never forget. Ever.

Clefable used Metronome!
Clefable used Slam!
Me: Dude...What the heck?
Jerk friend: -laughs- Waste of a move!
(Next turn)
Clefable used Metronome!
Clefable used Zap Cannon!
Critical Hit!
The foe's Gyrados fainted!
Me: -happy dance-
Jerk friend: [censored material]

tolanator

aka tolan
Years
I was in the elite 4 with my togepi, and I was on the last poke of the 4th person. the togept was my last pokemon alive, and I use metranome. Metranome ended up to be Tail Whip. I died shortly after that

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I metrnomed splash. Then my my friend metronomed judgment back.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
This is what happened to me:
Level 32 hitmonlee (me)
VS
Lugia (trying to catch)

So... Lugia had just a bit of health left... I wanted to use one more move so then I could get it. My friend is sitting right next to me. We were 7.
"boy, let's hope he doesn't use self-destruct" -me
Kicky used metronome
Metronome turned into explosion!
"haha, well at least it wasn't self-destruct" -my friend
-.-

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Togetic used Metronome!
Togetic used Memento!
Togetic fainted!

XD

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
Years
This is the event that placed Metronome on my "moves I will never use again ever" list:

I was battling Blaine with Vegeta, my Hitmonlee. Blaine sent out his Ninetales and Vetega was ordered to use Metronome.

"Vegeta used ICE BEAM!"

"It's not very effective..."

No ****.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
I got a nice one here. Happened to me online. It sucked for me, but it must have been awesome for my opponent.

Houndoom used Nasty Plot!
Clefable used Thunder Wave!
Clefable used Encore!
Clefable used Metronome!
Clefable used Psych Up!
Clefable used Thunderbolt!
Houndoom fainted!

Must have been awesome to be that Clefable.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
Years
Fighting some random trainer in emerald I bellieve it was and Metronome got him Volt Tacke 3 TIMES IN A ROW(lol I think it killed itself too XD)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Snorlax used Metronome!
Snorlax used... Bounce.

BOING!

and those other-person-clairvoyant thingy, I've got one too. It was with my brother.

"Kuya! (that's bog bro in Tagalog), mag Metronome a nga!" (Big bro, use Metronome please?)

Me: "Ok."

Bro: "Huhulaan ko." (I'll guess.)

Me: "Ok."

Bro: "Swift."

Togetic used metronome!
Togetic used Quick Attack!

Bro: embarassed "At least, mabilis din. (it's also fast)." LOL. XD

Back