• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

omega77

Is that all?
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
This game is simply amazing! Perfect balancing and a great implementation of DS Gen moves. And I just love the fact that for once Victory Road is actually filled with strong Pokemon and I can't wait to find out who the Mystery Dungeon Boss is. The second route 22 rival fight though... that thing scared the crap out of me.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
hi mods i'm only mostly dead don't lock thread plz

Actually I am slowly working on another update to polish some things when I'm not busy with classes and getting distracted by my other hack, which is sadly too early to justify a thread.

I didn't get the DLwZFurret (Yugiho referance?) or that ugly licitung (Yukaritung?) referance. Anyone?
Also, black Furret isn't cute.
Both are dumb touhou in-jokes. DLwZFurret (literally Dark Last Word Zero Furret) is poking fun at bad Touhoumon hacks such as Insane which spammed bad palette swaps with ~1200 BST in their endgames, while Yukaritung is an old Nuzlocke forum-related in-joke. (It's worth noting that both have only 680 BST, although it amounts to a bit more due to me abusing dump stats).

However, I do have one major gripe. The Second Round of Elite Four members and them having seemingly unobtainable Pokemon with ridiculous BSTs. Whoever gave you the idea that 250/120/120 Defenses were a good idea? The only Pokemon with comparable Defenses is Shuckle, and at least that's barred by it's nonexistant offenses. It also has 130 SpA, which let's it hit hard as well. This thing didn't even get 2HKOed by a Petal Dance coming off a +6 Lilligant. It just screams unfair to me how you're resorting to using unaccesible Pokemon to raise the difficultly level. It's imo just a very messy idea and I'd much rather you use actual Pokemon. No, I don't have anything against Fakemon (although I am not too fond of them...) but keeping them exclusive to the AI and overpowering them is never a good thing imo.
I actually am inclined to agree with this in hindsight- however I don't think I'll be doing much with them other than toning the levels down so postgame isn't just a grind, as it's meant to be reminiscent of meaner games. Furthermore, it's postgame, and thus entirely optional- I think a bit of slack can be cut there. If you've made it that far you've gotten past pretty much anything I can throw at you with legitimate mons, and there are *much* worse examples of boss power inflation out there.

With regard to Yukaritung in particular, her bulk is indeed intimidating but she's actually closer to mixed Blissey than Shuckle- a friend of mine 2HKO'd it with Metagross Explosion followed by banded Heracross Megahorn.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Will you add more of those nifty Gen 4/5 abilities (Multiscale, Adaptability...)?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Will you add more of those nifty Gen 4/5 abilities (Multiscale, Adaptability...)?

Yes, actually- I've got Skill Link working for the next update. (It was actually rather easy to get in, I should have had it from the start...)

Where do I find Deino? I can't seem to find it.?

Deino is a rare encounter in Rock Tunnel and Cinnabar Mansion- be aware that even if you find it it's quite hard to catch. You can also rarely find Zweilous in the Safari Zone.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022
will a save from the previous version of the hack be compatible with the future version?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Oh hi, I hope I'm not too late for the party. I stumbled across this hack on the Internet, and it looks amazing. I really want to play it, but when I try to apply the patch, nothing happens at all, it only works when I use the hard mode patch (which I assume is the "YetAnotherFRHackv1.11x.ips" file). I'm using Lunar IPS as recommended on the readme, an English Fire Red v1.0 ROM and the patch is version 1.11. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I had to create an account here to ask this, because I really want to play this hack

Edit: nevermind, I figured out what i was doing wrong. I applied the patch, but on the first try it didn't work for some weird reason, then I might have tried it again and applied both patched into the ROM. I downloaded the ROM again and applied just YetAnotherFRHackv1.11x.ips, and now it works well. I feel stupid now.

Anyway, great hack. It looks pretty fun and balanced, which is quite rare among Pokemon ROM hacks. Great job, and I'm looking forward to future versions as well!

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
will a save from the previous version of the hack be compatible with the future version?
Yes.

Oh hi, I hope I'm not too late for the party. I stumbled across this hack on the Internet, and it looks amazing. I really want to play it, but when I try to apply the patch, nothing happens at all, it only works when I use the hard mode patch (which I assume is the "YetAnotherFRHackv1.11x.ips" file). I'm using Lunar IPS as recommended on the readme, an English Fire Red v1.0 ROM and the patch is version 1.11. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I had to create an account here to ask this, because I really want to play this hack
The file "YetAnotherFRHackv1.11x.ips" patch is the actual game itself- the hard mode patch is "YAFRH Hard Patch 1.11.ips". Take a look at the file sizes and it'll be obvious- the actual game is a lot larger than the hard mode patch.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I was just playing through the game, when I saw Mantine.
It seems to be sprite I posted on deviant art but resized and slightly recoloured.
http://glidingar.deviantart.com/art/Mantine-Revamp-164766937
I say this solely because, it has the EXACT same shading, size and shape.
I have no problem with the sprite being used in fact I'm glad you're using it but
I would like to be credited for it!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Could u chnge some OW sprite and the tiles on the map pls?it looks cooler if u put it:)

when i patch it..the game doesnt work help

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I was just playing through the game, when I saw Mantine.
It seems to be sprite I posted on deviant art but resized and slightly recoloured.
http://glidingar.deviantart.com/art/Mantine-Revamp-164766937
I say this solely because, it has the EXACT same shading, size and shape.
I have no problem with the sprite being used in fact I'm glad you're using it but
I would like to be credited for it!

Thanks!

I asked the spriter who "provided" it and he says he got it somewhere else- judging by the fact that the palette it uses is different from not only your sprite but all of the canon sprites, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time it was stolen. It *is* a nice sprite, but I'm not quite capable enough to trim it down myself so it'll still look good in 64x64, so I'm just going to go back to the FR Mantine sprite.

And here's the update I was working on.

V1.12 Changelog:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
How many new moves have been implemented in this hack? Does it contain all new moves? It doesn't replace old moves right? How about abilities? Sorry for disturbance and my poor english.

Also how many pokemon in-game?

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
There are 63 new moves and 4 new abilities, replacing old ones. There are only 151 pokemon obtainable, so a lot of them wouldn't be going to use anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Amazing hack so farAre there any water types available before the 3rd gym? I'm in dire need of one

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
So the new moves replace the old ones?
Yes.

Amazing hack so farAre there any water types available before the 3rd gym? I'm in dire need of one
There's Mantyke, Lotad, and Shellos in the grass if you look around, and fishing with the Old Rod will yield Magikarp, Tentacool, Slowpoke, and potentially Shellder if the S.S. Anne hasn't left yet. (You can still get it if it has but you'll need the Good Rod). It's entirely possible to go without a water-type if you don't care for any of those, though- you only really *need* one for Surf.

Also to anyone that's seen it I'm aware there's a profoundly stupid issue with Lance's room- I'd rather not do a hotfix just for something so trivial though, so it'll stay until I have more noteworthy things to add. This may have to wait as life is being a bit busy for me at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
Found a Farfetch'd in the grass south of pallet. JESUS
Lvl 37 w/ Hydro Pump, Leaf Blade, Extrasensory and Wild Charge.
Got it down to red + paralyze, and it took 11 Ultra balls before catch, not to mention it got my Electivire and Scizor down past half HP. I was laughing my ass off through the entire encounter :P

Nice hack btw! Love the 4-5gen attacks, makes Lucario and Scizor more useful(In contrast to most hacks, in which Scizor is less than useful and Lucario is more less than usefull). Making cut steel type + 60 BP -> core on Scizor. And i really like the increase in difficulty all over, actually making me grind the pokemon i always wanted in Fire Red. And thank you, thank you, for not making me learn Flash.
Massive kudos!

On a side note; which Fire pokemon do you recommend? I feel lost without one(Chose Piplup). My thoughts are on Ninetails atm, but Magby is in my box as well.. (I also have a Togekiss in my party, so yes; i caught 3x Togepi in that effing cave. Named them Bacon, scrambled and eggs. GO GO REFERENCE FINDER)

Final note: Keep updating Dark Writhing!

Years
It was very good .. played for first time.. finished the game with empoleon , dialga , palkia , lilligant , magmortar and Lucario.. is there meloetta in the game? i saw genesect in rival's team

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
It was very good .. played for first time.. finished the game with empoleon , dialga , palkia , lilligant , magmortar and Lucario.. is there meloetta in the game? i saw genesect in rival's team

No, Meloetta is not in the game. Genesect is indeed on your rival's team, but you can't catch it. I think the OP stated that the rival and the elite 4(during the rematches) has legendaries that are exclusive to them. When it comes to legendaries that the player can catch, i think you have 2/3. You can catch Giratina on Victory Road. I don't know if Mewtwo is available after E4, have not gotten that far myself.

What levels were your pokes at when you beat the pokemon league?
Got Electrivire, Ninetails, Togekiss, Lucario, Scizor and Empoleon at 65-70ish atm, going for e4 now.

Back