• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cows. Cows everywhere.<< Harvest Moon Fan club >>.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It was my first, too! That may be a big part of my love for it, haha. I really need to get a PS3 at some point. I hardly ever play console games nowadays.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. Is the story supposed to be difficult to get through or is it the gameplay, do you know? I didn't look at too many reviews, to be honest, I was already sold on it when I found out I could marry Gwen and watch rival heart events. I'm easy.

Yeah, instead of the player having a full year to pretty much save the village however they can, in HoLV the player has to earn a certain amount of money by a specific time, see certain events on specific dates, and a lot of other little "tracking" things that seem tedious... I thought StH was perfectly paced because a year was always the perfect amount of time to pick a story to clear while working on my own farm as well. I really should give HoLV a shot before passing too much judgment though, but I'm so intimidated 8(

Jayce

x-kid
Years
Yeah, instead of the player having a full year to pretty much save the village however they can, in HoLV the player has to earn a certain amount of money by a specific time, see certain events on specific dates, and a lot of other little "tracking" things that seem tedious... I thought StH was perfectly paced because a year was always the perfect amount of time to pick a story to clear while working on my own farm as well. I really should give HoLV a shot before passing too much judgment though, but I'm so intimidated 8(

Oh! Yeah, that sounds tricky. ;( I agree on STH being perfectly paced, I really liked how the storylines played out. It's too bad they had to change things up. Maybe it's not quite as hard as it sounds, though? I hope so, at least, I still want to try it out sometime...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Oh! Yeah, that sounds tricky. ;( I agree on STH being perfectly paced, I really liked how the storylines played out. It's too bad they had to change things up. Maybe it's not quite as hard as it sounds, though? I hope so, at least, I still want to try it out sometime...

I really do want to try it! I've been itching to play my PSP and that would be the perfect game to start playing. I think I'll try to go about finding a good guide to help me through it because I've never been so intimidated by a game before, honestly... lol! It might be because I'm such a perfectionist in all of my Harvest Moon games though, I try to get the best products ASAP and woo all of the bachelor(ette)s before the end of the year, and basically all of these ridiculous goals and such.

I think I might be having horror flashbacks from the time when I first started playing StH when I was really little and kept failing and not saving the town within a year... that was traumatizing :(

Jayce

x-kid
Years
I really do want to try it! I've been itching to play my PSP and that would be the perfect game to start playing. I think I'll try to go about finding a good guide to help me through it because I've never been so intimidated by a game before, honestly... lol! It might be because I'm such a perfectionist in all of my Harvest Moon games though, I try to get the best products ASAP and woo all of the bachelor(ette)s before the end of the year, and basically all of these ridiculous goals and such.

I think I might be having horror flashbacks from the time when I first started playing StH when I was really little and kept failing and not saving the town within a year... that was traumatizing :(

Oh I feel you haha. But a guide sounds like a good idea, that might be the key. Be sure to report back here if you do decide to try it out, I'd love to hear about it. ;P I usually spend a bit of time checking out guides before I start a Harvest Moon game, I'm always worried I'll miss out on something, or not save the right items, or something. I pretty much just try being everyone's best friend and hording items like crazy, it works out pretty well.

Oh and yikes, yeah, that does not sound fun. I restarted my file a couple of times because I just had no idea what I was doing, I'd mess everything up and waste sooo much time. Good times.......

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Hello Mochi and Jayce! :) I'm soooo glad to see other member to like this amazing serie!!! :D

So you both like STH? I'v neve rplayed the Playstation HM because.. well.. we didn't have a playstation :P

And fot those who have ANB, we can play together one day! :) (I've never tried this option before).

OMG! I had a Harvest Moon fan club here literally years ago now I think, so nice to see it come back!!

I didn't know that!! I hope this club will be up to your expectations! :)

If you have, or any member, any suggestion for the club, don't be affraid to speak up your mind!!

So, club members, do you have a Havrest Moon game you never played but you really want to?

I always wanted to play to the playstations serie, because they are the only HM games I'v never tried.

Years
I really want to play Animal Parade! :o The Wii HMs look pretty fun.

Username: Ruma
Favorite character:
I like Basil and Nami
latest
Nami%204.png

Favorite HM game: I tend to play A Wonderful Life & Another Wonderful Life a lot just because they're fun and simple to play through.
3DS friend code: No 3DS :(
Are you playing an HM game these days?: Yeah, I've been trying to play HMDS again. It's just so much more slow than some of the console games. I also wanted to give Magical Melody a shot.

MythMonster

Hydro
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
Username: MythMonster (Chatroom-Hydr0)
Favorite character: m-Cliff | f-Karem
Favorite HM game: FoMT
3DS friend code: 3926-5951-3699 | ign: Quinlan
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days?
Yes, I still have an emulated version of FoMT on my phone, and play it when bored (alternating HM with pokemon pinball). Although I do actually still play the Rune factory series, actually

I am an avid HM supporter, and have emulated pretty much everything, minus the 3ds/wii ones, and the remakes/ones on non-nintendo systems...
For the most part I've gotten really into the Rune Factory set, playing through all for full completion. I've become more of a fan of the RF series, due to the major RPG influence and the "infiniteness" of the game, as it can be played for hours well after full completion, unlike the earlier games. FoMT will always be my favorite though, as it was introduction to the series, and overall an awesome game. Yes, I actually completed all of it (before I even knew what gameshark was) on my GBA cartridge, including a full farm of golden lumber and all houses... Would love to talk to other lovers of the HM series, a lot due to the fact that I've been inactive on this site for such a long time (despite not making many posts when I first joined either)

Last edited:
Years
Do you have a Harvest Moon game you never played but you really want to?

All three (soon to be four- and no, I am not counting The Lost Valley) 3DS games, and I also sort of want to give Rune Factory another shot. I tried 2 a long time ago and ended up being incredibly disappointed by it, but I'm wondering if that may have just been because I went into it with my expectations raised way too high.

Jayce

x-kid
Years
And fot those who have ANB, we can play together one day! :) (I've never tried this option before).
Sounds fun! I've actually never tried ANB's multiplayer option before. (:

So, club members, do you have a Havrest Moon game you never played but you really want to?
I reeeally wanted Hero of Leaf Valley for a long time (still do), but I never got a PSP, so blah. I remember there was also a Rune Factory game on the Wii I really wanted to play, too. Not sure why I never got that one, though. Hmm.

I really want to play Animal Parade! :o The Wii HMs look pretty fun.

Animal Parade is great! It's the best HM game for the Wii, imo. (Although I guess there aren't really that many HM games on the Wii, haha...)

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Hey! :) I'm always happy when I see more HM players (or lovers)!!

Ruma and MythMonster, welcome to the farm! :D

Favorite HM game: FoMT

You'll see, you are not alone here ! ;) A lot of us agree on FoMT to be one of the best HM game.

Would love to talk to other lovers of the HM series, a lot due to the fact that I've been inactive on this site for such a long time (despite not making many posts when I first joined either)
Hehe the club is here for that! :) Don't be affraid to ask any question to the club!!

Animal Parade is great! It's the best HM game for the Wii, imo.

I second that!!! I totally agree. I lost my wii and that made me soooo angry... I just loved my AP game and I don't want to start all over...

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Hello you all :)

Well, it's been a while!!

And now, Story of Season is out! Have you played? Or do you know someone who have played?

I can tell you, this game is very fun!! The best in 3D for me!
The game is faster, big map, big changes, good characters.... There is so much to do!

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
Username: cream
Favorite character: luna (ToT & AP)
Favorite HM game: another wonderful life, tree of tranquility
3DS friend code: 2277-7234-1173
Are you playing an HM game these days?
not at the moment ): the last hm game i've played was a new beginning and i didn't like it that much. i might buy story of seasons at some point though. lillie looks so damn cute!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Username: cream
Favorite character: luna (ToT & AP)
Favorite HM game: another wonderful life, tree of tranquility
3DS friend code: 2277-7234-1173
Are you playing an HM game these days?
not at the moment ): the last hm game i've played was a new beginning and i didn't like it that much. i might buy story of seasons at some point though. lillie looks so damn cute!

Hello Cream!! ^_^

Well, if you want to play Story of Seasons I recommends it !! I love it for the moment!!

A lot of new features, but really nice ones! And this game still has the "Harvest Moon" feeling.
I liked A New Beggining, but I got over it so fast... But I feel I won't stop SOS soon ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
Hello Cream!! ^_^

Well, if you want to play Story of Seasons I recommends it !! I love it for the moment!!

A lot of new features, but really nice ones! And this game still has the "Harvest Moon" feeling.
I liked A New Beggining, but I got over it so fast... But I feel I won't stop SOS soon ;)
are there more customization options? :O customizing my character was my favorite part in ANB.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
are there more customization options? :O customizing my character was my favorite part in ANB.

Totally!
Well, maybe I didn't played A new beginning enough, but I just got the sewing machine in SOS so now I can do a lot of cloths, jewelry, hats, accessories... You make your clothes and you can sell them of wear them. You can change your hairs, eyes, skin colors, everything you want every moment in the game :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I should have thought to make a post to let you guys know, but the two Harvest Moon PSP games were just on sale with this past week's Golden Week sale on PSN!

I got Boy & Girl for $3.75 and Hero of Leaf Valley for $5.00 with my Plus membership. I think B&G was $5 without Plus, and HoLV was $6.10.

Actually, I think the sale might still be going on until about Monday or Tuesday!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I should have thought to make a post to let you guys know, but the two Harvest Moon PSP games were just on sale with this past week's Golden Week sale on PSN!

I got Boy & Girl for $3.75 and Hero of Leaf Valley for $5.00 with my Plus membership. I think B&G was $5 without Plus, and HoLV was $6.10.

Actually, I think the sale might still be going on until about Monday or Tuesday!

Oh thank you !!!! I was thinking about these games this week! My brother have a PASP he don't play anymore so I can borrow it if I found an HM game!!

Loriania

Mars Adept
Years
Username: Loriania
Favourite characters: Celia, Kana, Cam, Cliff, Mary, and Ivan.
Favorite HM game: More Friends of Mineral Town, Story of Seasons, The Tale of Two Towns
3DS friend code: N/A
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? Always. Switching between Story of Seasons and A New Beginning

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Username: Loriania
Favourite characters: Celia, Kana, Cam, Cliff, Mary, and Ivan.
Favorite HM game: More Friends of Mineral Town, Story of Seasons, The Tale of Two Towns
3DS friend code: N/A
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? Always. Switching between Story of Seasons and A New Beginning

Hello youu :)

Yes, another Story of seasons player!! And you still play ANB? How far are you in your games?
If you want to start any discussion here, don't be shy! :)

Is there anybody else here who got Story of Seasons? What do you think of this game?

Loriania

Mars Adept
Years
I'm in the first Spring of ANB. In Story of Seasons, I just got to Summer (year 1).

Can I catch different fish with the rod than I can by diving? Right now, I'm trying to find iron for the pitchfork. My first cow is also 'with calf'.

Back